2%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

dreamyvelvet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dreamyvelvet

The walk through pet gates are awesome. It's really great for caregivers who want to protect the fragile skin of the elderly from roaming pouncing pets.

almostdread

quality posts: 1 Private Messages almostdread

Am I a bad parent to consider this as a child gate? Would it be unsafe?

Spectral

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Spectral

Are you kidding? You'd be a bad parent *not* to consider one of these! :D

pentiumjen

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pentiumjen

Is there a way to find out what the dimension is for the spacing between the bars? I've got small crafty terriers who will slip through if the openings are too big.

mrmel

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrmel

I have a child gate that looks identical to this. I don't see any difference except for the price. I paid about double of what Woot is selling it for. Manufacture of my gate is a company called Munchkin. Best gate I have owned. Much better than those wooden ones.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

almostdread wrote:Am I a bad parent to consider this as a child gate? Would it be unsafe?

FYI, just found this in the Paw Seasons' FAQ:

Will the gate also be safe for my children? Yes. All Paw Seasons pet gates are JPMA certified, so they are also safe for use with infants and toddlers.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mijalita

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mijalita

Sorry, mother on christmas, sick and running on lack of sleep. Could someone please expain the dimentions to me

ta0cha0s

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ta0cha0s

This should read as W-WxH in each description. Instead it reads WxWxH. I checked their site to be sure. Totally confusing...

ta0cha0s

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ta0cha0s

Found the PDF manual on their site... Has munchkin written all over it.

http://pawseasons.com/sites/default/files/product_documents/CCD-0004-000%20Rev%203%20Extender%20Extra%20Tall%20and%20Wide.pdf

ThunderThighs

Staff

ta0cha0s wrote:This should read as W-WxH in each description. Instead it reads WxWxH. I checked their site to be sure. Totally confusing...

Good catch. It's fixed now. Thank you for pointing that out.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

casey00001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages casey00001

Woot:
You have the specs of the auto close gate as:
Auto-Close Pet Gate
Dimensions: 29.5" to 35.2" W x 29.5" H

Pawseasons website has it as?:
Dimensions:
29.5 - 32.5" w x 29.5" h

http://pawseasons.com/product/auto-close-pet-gate

That is a huge discrepancy three inches. What are the real dimensions?

zerotm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zerotm

There's really no physical difference between this gate, and the same 'Extender' series baby/child/toddler gate that Munchkin sells -- regardless, this is a great, awesome, phenomenal price for a gate -- and just perfect for the top of the stairs at my house. Couldn't have come at a better time -- THANKS W00T!

DrUnKtAnK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrUnKtAnK

Great deal on these gates. I paid about $80 a gate at ToysRus about a year ago. I have a gate a the top and bottom of our stairs (mainly for the kiddies).

ThunderThighs

Staff

casey00001 wrote:Woot:
You have the specs of the auto close gate as:
Auto-Close Pet Gate
Dimensions: 29.5" to 35.2" W x 29.5" H

Pawseasons website has it as?:
Dimensions:
29.5 - 32.5" w x 29.5" h

http://pawseasons.com/product/auto-close-pet-gate

That is a huge discrepancy three inches. What are the real dimensions?

I'm checking but I'd go with the Paw Seasons site for now.

UPDATE: Confirmed that the correct dimensions are:

29.5 to 32.5" w x 29.5" h

It's been fixed. Thank you for pointing that out.

thespiansmc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thespiansmc

I cannot quite tell; is it just me or is the auto-close tension loaded on both sides?

larrygate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larrygate
pentiumjen wrote:Is there a way to find out what the dimension is for the spacing between the bars? I've got small crafty terriers who will slip through if the openings are too big.

I looked at their web site and didn't see anything about space between bars. The way it looks my cats would easily slip through.

duceswild99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duceswild99

Are these indoor use only? Or would they be fine if used on a deck?

mrmel

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrmel
larrygate wrote:I looked at their web site and didn't see anything about space between bars. The way it looks my cats would easily slip through.

Hope this helps. My Munchkin gate's spacing between bars is 2 1/4 inches wide

lilyphoenix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilyphoenix

Will this work for cats? I can't figure out if my cat could jump that or wiggle through.

ThunderThighs

Staff

FWIW, these are made by Munchkin but branded with a super cute pet title and pet pictures for sale in pet stores.

ThunderThighs

Staff

lilyphoenix wrote:Will this work for cats? I can't figure out if my cat could jump that or wiggle through.

If your cat can jump, probably not. I tried to contain new cats to my house for a couple days in a small room with double gates until they settled down - traumatic experience. One stayed put because she was fat and not prone to jumping. The athletic one was out in a couple days.

Wiggle through will depend on the size and determination of your cat.

bellehelene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellehelene
ThunderThighs wrote:If your cat can jump, probably not. I tried to contain new cats to my house for a couple days in a small room with double gates until they settled down - traumatic experience. One stayed put because she was fat and not prone to jumping. The athletic one was out in a couple days.

Well, inasmuch as I had to replace the cat door with a DOG door so Mr Fatso could get to the litterbox in the basement ... probably not a problem!

Bellehelene

Dosia84

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dosia84

Does this gate work well for 120 pound polar dogs?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ThunderThighs wrote:

I've seen cats fit themselves under dressers that they have no business being under.

Science!

Why are cats so flexible?

Question
Cats make their living in the wild as predators, and to be successful, they must be quick, powerful, and flexible. From a sitting start, they can spring up to nine times their height, and they can narrow their shoulders and chest to squeeze through almost impossibly tight spaces. In an eye's blink they can right themselves in midair and land on their feet, and make sudden changes in direction while pursuing and capturing prey.

Cats are able to rotate their supple spines more than many other animals and can twist their bodies to a much greater extent. Cats' vertebrae—the spools-on-a-string-like bones in the back—are very flexibly connected and have especially elastic cushioning disks between them. This limber spine allows cats to perform their elegant and graceful acrobatic feats, but it also contributes to their speed as runners. To reach top speed—about thirty miles an hour—cats lengthen their stride, and thus increase their speed, by alternately extending and flexing their backs. When the cat pushes off to start a new stride—with claws serving as spikes for traction—its body stretches to it maximum length, with every stride propelling the cat about three times the length of its body.

Moreover, the feline shoulder blade is attached to the rest of the body only by muscles, not by bone. This gives the shoulder blade tremendous freedom to move as the cat moves, extending its running stride even more. And unlike the long anchored collarbone we humans have, cats have tiny rudimentary collarbones that contribute to their ability to squeeze through tight openings.

I'm just hanging out, really.

casey00001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages casey00001
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm checking but I'd go with the Paw Seasons site for now.

UPDATE: Confirmed that the correct dimensions are:

29.5 to 32.5" w x 29.5" h

It's been fixed. Thank you for pointing that out.

How about a whisper in Jumbo Woot's ear?