2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

The Tac Torch is great. I ended up buying 2 because I liked it so much. When all the lights were offered on one of the Plus sites I bought them all, however must of them havent arrived yet, so I can only offer you input on the Tac Torch.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

ebnub

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ebnub

I bought the dual color (red/white LED) model during the recent woot off and am very unimpressed by its brightness. Plus the buttons feel cheap like they could fall out of it.

Crab

quality posts: 47 Private Messages Crab

The T7 / 175 Lumen has 9 ratings on Amazon, all 5-star. Tempted...

http://www.amazon.com/LED-Lenser-880006-Tatical-Flashlight/dp/B0054KZ4WU

Hoser768

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Hoser768
bkarlan wrote:The Tac Torch is great. I ended up buying 2 because I liked it so much. When all the lights were offered on one of the Plus sites I bought them all, however must of them havent arrived yet, so I can only offer you input on the Tac Torch.

Agreed, I am also very happy with my recent Tac Torch purchase. Good amount of light, sturdy construction, and it fits nicely in my hand.

Listen to me now, or hear me say "I told you so" later.

nutz4Tuna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nutz4Tuna

I got a Tac Torch last week, and I'm so impressed with it that I'm in for 2 more. By far the best flashlight I've ever used, in terms of finish, brightness and focus.

siegan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages siegan

You may not have heard of Led Lenser, but im sure you've heard of Coast brand flashlights. If im not mistaken, Coast developed the LED LENSER model Coast flashlight and then decided to keep the Led Lenser name for their flashlight line.

I've owned several Led Lenser flashlights as we sell them at my work. Of these, the only one i've not messed with is the 95 lumen V2. My first LED Lenser was a V2Dual Color, which i also was unimpressed with. It is a perfect light for someone who needs illumination with night vision, though... Just not for me. Does not have any focusing of the beam, either. And yes, the buttons feel cheap.

On to the Tac Torch, and the start of my favorite parts about the LED Lensers. The one hand focus system. you just slide the end of the light with your hand. Sounds difficult, but it's not. Also this one can be mounted to ... er... anything with a picatinny rail with the correct mounting kit.

The T7.. I have one on my hip right now. It's a hoss, and packs a punch. A little weighty for your belt, but way brighter than my D cell MagLite so great for when you need a bright flash light.

The most important piece of info i could think of to put here is this; I have washed two of my LED Lensers (M1, K3) FOUR TIMES in the washing machine by accident, and my T7 has been drenched multiple times in rain storms and they continue to work flawlessly. Also the warranty is great. I had a faulty switch on my first K3, sent it back and they gave me a brand new one with the updated CREE.

I only wish that woot would have included the M1, which is my favorite LED Lenser light. It's small, light weight, bright and uses CR123 batteries (great output and works great with rechargeables)

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

Is this too late for the apocalypse?

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan

I bought the 95 Lumen on the last Woot-Off like 1-2 weeks ago and I confirm that it is brighter than the S&W LED Flashlight that I got. It is truly a 95 Lumen from 500 feet away. Those cheap flashlights would not even come close. I'm going to be purchasing a lot more of these flashlights now as I want to replace all the ones that I have for bikes, guns and cars.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver
Woot Tang Clan wrote:I bought the 95 Lumen on the last Woot-Off like 1-2 weeks ago and I confirm that it is brighter than the S&W LED Flashlight that I got. It is truly a 95 Lumen from 500 feet away. Those cheap flashlights would not even come close. I'm going to be purchasing a lot more of these flashlights now as I want to replace all the ones that I have for bikes, guns and cars.

I have one too. One thing that I have noticed with LED lights is their throw distance is MUCH farther. I can literally hit the light on a house about 600+ feet away at night.

Woot Tang Clan

Check out this video on the one hand focusing. I'm torn between the T7 and Tac.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/video_popup.jsp?productId=1408155&embedCode=BsM3hxNTo28LDItyYeIMOa15SyHGK-Od

Forgot the link, oops.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

The Tac Torch was my all-time favorite flashlight, until I got the T7 from the pop.woot! http://pop.woot.com/offers/led-lenser-t7-175-lumen-flashlight-1

It is a bit larger than I'd like, and probably too much for EDC, but it's my new favorite. Bright, relatively small, and adjustable flood/spot beam. If they could shrink this down to pocket-size, they'd have the perfect flashlight.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Apparently, I am a flashlight junkie... I just checked, and yes, I have the V2 dual-color too.

It stinks. It's too big to carry daily, but too small and underpowered for real night-time use. The red LED is not "lensed", and throws a very uneven light, as do the white LEDs.

It might be useful for star parties, where you just use the red light to check your charts occasionally, but I would hope that for the same price, or even just a couple of bucks more, someone will make a nice EVEN red LED light for such uses.

I suppose it would be a good flashlight to give to kids who are likely to break it or lose it before they realize how crappy it is. Otherwise, hold out for a Bucket Of Carnauba, which will undoubtedly have plenty of V2 dual colors in them. ;-P

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

adrmschwer

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adrmschwer

1. There is a newer version of the v2 (5 star reviews at Amazon) which has higher lumens, longer runtime, and may have a better main beam: http://www.amazon.com/LED-Lenser-880040-Flashlight-Function/dp/B0054L0NQG

2. Led Lenser may have been owned by Coast in the past, but I purchased an extra flashlight sheath at Led Lenser's website, and the email confirmation that I got for the order came from Leatherman, so it would appear that they are owned by Leatherman now. Plus, if you search online for Coast and Lenser, most of what comes up are older flashlights, i.e. not what is on LED Lenser's website.

Would Leatherman own Coast as well?

Actually, confirmed the parent company is Leatherman at this website: http://www.ledlenser.com/about

ap210

quality posts: 48 Private Messages ap210

In for 3 more V2 dual colors. Good deal at $7.99. I picked three up at another woot and like the compact size and red lens.

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

mitchlouis32

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mitchlouis32
siegan wrote:On to the Tac Torch, and the start of my favorite parts about the LED Lensers. The one hand focus system. you just slide the end of the light with your hand. Sounds difficult, but it's not. Also this one can be mounted to ... er... anything with a picatinny rail with the correct mounting kit

Is there a dedicated mount for this light?

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Lenser Tac Torch Flashlight - Fantastic!

Due to personal reviews here on woot I picked up 3 Lenser Tac Torchs last time they were offered. I am really impressed with the quality build and the true 100 lumen the light produces. It is also handler friendly in that you may elect to turn the light off and on with pressure only, by gently pushing and releasing the button or you can give it a full click off/on so the light can stay on if needed, hands free. Also, having the ability to adjust the lens and beam make this a perfect, working, carry anywhere flashlight. I have put one in each car and in my motorcycle bag. I may just have to pick up a couple more because the price is certainly right for this quality and I am sure I will think of a place and use for them before they arrive.

Price, function,convenience, I can highly recommend this flashlight. You will be well, well, pleased!

danjreed

quality posts: 8 Private Messages danjreed

The T7 is really a fantastic flashlight. It puts my MAG light LED units to shame..

Its incurably bright, durable, fast focus is really neat.

london9805

quality posts: 0 Private Messages london9805
ebnub wrote:I bought the dual color (red/white LED) model during the recent woot off and am very unimpressed by its brightness. Plus the buttons feel cheap like they could fall out of it.

They do fall out. I was taking the light out of the packaging lost one of the buttons. Pulled the other one out just to see how easy it is... Very. They're just held in by a rubber grommet. Not gonna brag about this light.

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger

I bought 3 of the V2 Dual Color last week (?) on Woot. I hear lots of pooh-pooh on this light today, but I must have gotten the only 3 really nice ones ever sold.

They are really bottom-end by tactical flashlight standards, but extremely nice by consumer standards. The red light is plenty bright for checking around for stuff in a tent at night after you've already gotten your night vision. The main torch is plenty bright for all other near field purposes (it is only rated at 45m after all).

And for $8 you absolutely will not find a better deal on a light with this much power for its size.

Again, it's not overbuilt, it's not mega bright, but it's an excellent value for a better-than-normal build and better-than-normal luminosity.

It's a great gift at the least. $20+ value on a gift for any guy.

stinhoutx

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stinhoutx

What's the purpose of including the little mirror piece in the picture of included items? Isn't that just part of the packaging?

iamjohnny5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamjohnny5

Can anyone tell me what the extra "thing" in the pictures is?

In all the pictures showing the accessories there is a.... I really don't know how to describe it.
But it is not: Batteries, Carry Pouch, Carabiner, Wrist Strap, or actual flashlight.

Seen just under the flashlight in this picture.

Please tell me I am not just stupid. But if I am, be gentle.

iamjohnny5

stinhoutx wrote:What's the purpose of including the little mirror piece in the picture of included items? Isn't that just part of the packaging?

Crap.... you answered before I even asked the question.

You're not spying on me are you?

tickledtrout

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tickledtrout

I bought a couple of all except the T7. The Tac Torch is a great light, very solid and the beam is very tight when focused narrow and has a crisp wide focus. The 95 lumen is not adjustable but the focus of the beam is just about right...could be a little wider but it goes pretty far. The V2 are bright for a non focused beam. Not nearly as solidly built as the the others, but for $10, I think it's a good light.

Now to contemplate the T7...

stinhoutx

tickledtrout wrote:I bought a couple of all except the T7. The Tac Torch is a great light, very solid and the beam is very tight when focused narrow and has a crisp wide focus. The 95 lumen is not adjustable but the focus of the beam is just about right...could be a little wider but it goes pretty far. The V2 are bright for a non focused beam. Not nearly as solidly built as the the others, but for $10, I think it's a good light.

Now to contemplate the T7...

What I like about the T7 is it has the lower output option for longer usage in a situation where you need to see, but not at full lumens. Then you have the option of the high output when you need it. That, and I dislike devices which use an odd number of batteries. ;-)

stinhoutx

iamjohnny5 wrote:Crap.... you answered before I even asked the question.

You're not spying on me are you?

Why, no! Or am I?

adrmschwer

iamjohnny5 wrote:Can anyone tell me what the extra "thing" in the pictures is?

In all the pictures showing the accessories there is a.... I really don't know how to describe it.
But it is not: Batteries, Carry Pouch, Carabiner, Wrist Strap, or actual flashlight.

Seen just under the flashlight in this picture.

Please tell me I am not just stupid. But if I am, be gentle.

It's the reflector that is in the packaging, so that you can "test" the light while still in the packaging. Not an accessory, you will throw it away.

stinhoutx

BTW, the focused beam makes for great live action Slender Man play outside. Even spooked myself. Like going swimming after watching Jaws.

iamjohnny5

stinhoutx wrote:Why, no! Or am I?

Hmmm... I thought I saw someone with a small bright flashlight lurking in our office halls today.

adrmschwer

FWIW, the flashlight sheath that comes with the Tac Torch is no where near as good as the T7 sheath.

The T7 belt loop is a velcro strap with a snap to make sure it doesn't come apart. Definitely works well on a bag that has molle straps on it. It also has a drain hole so water will not collect in the sheath.

I got both the Tac Torch and the T7 last time, and wanted to get the T7 sheath for the Tac Torch. LED Lenser sells it themselves for only $5 shipped (I would have paid much more for this quality of a sheath): http://www.ledlenser.com/accessories/product/Sheath

The Tac Torch won't show up in the options available, so be sure to choose the one that says "L7, M7, MT7, M7R, P7, T7".

One final tip I learned from the box for the extra sheath, the elastic sides and back of the inside of the T7 sheath can hold spare batteries in a pinch (though it seems to me they would fall out if you put them in on the side)

Hope this info is useful. Oh, and I do not work for LED Lenser, just obsessed with flashlights :-)

stinhoutx

adrmschwer wrote:

The T7 belt loop is a velcro strap with a snap to make sure it doesn't come apart. Definitely works well on a bag that has molle straps on it. It also has a drain hole so water will not collect in the sheath.

Hmm, good point, didn't think of that. I thought it was so you could push the button and use the flashlight in a pinch without having to remove it from the holster.

adrmschwer

stinhoutx wrote:What I like about the T7 is it has the lower output option for longer usage in a situation where you need to see, but not at full lumens. Then you have the option of the high output when you need it. That, and I dislike devices which use an odd number of batteries. ;-)

Me too, realistically, 30 lumens is plenty enough to see in the dark. Anything over that is just funsville :-) Well, no, there are other applications where you do need the higher amount of lumens. I'm just thinking for common everyday use, 30 lumens is probably good.

s38b36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages s38b36

not sure if this applies to all of these, but the dual-colors which I got last week came with three batteries installed _plus_ three more, so that's a nice bonus.

I'm not a pro user or needer of big light, so am happy with them as around the house/car small lights.

adrmschwer

s38b36 wrote:not sure if this applies to all of these, but the dual-colors which I got last week came with three batteries installed _plus_ three more, so that's a nice bonus.

I'm not a pro user or needer of big light, so am happy with them as around the house/car small lights.

Both of mine (T7, Tac Torch) came with two sets of batteries too!

david223

quality posts: 2 Private Messages david223

Okay Wooters I took your advice again. Last thing I bought from Woot was the prospera tens machine and I like it very much. It helps with my shoulder tendinitis. I've been looking for a small but powerful flashlight. The one I currently have I bought at a discount joint for seven dollars. It's a piece of poop. I wanted a small powerful, good quality flashlight and so many of you recommended the Tac Torch so I bought it. Don't let me down Wooters...

mick66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mick66

I decided to get the dual and the 95-lumen and then a couple hours later decided to also get the tac torch.
So, with having to make separate purchases to get 2 different models, and then later purchasing another, will they typically ship together in one box or in separate boxes?

david223

quality posts: 2 Private Messages david223

Now I got a question. The Tac Torch, is it what is called a "Cree" type of flashlight?

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 1863650

I'm a bit late to comment, but my dual-color V2 flashlights from a previous Woot arrived today.

It's worth noting that they come with 6 AAA batteries. That's a weird, but pleasant surprise. Not only is the flashlight loaded, but there's also a 3-pack of extra batteries.

This model doesn't have a lens, it's a lot like a Coast/LED Lenser flashlight I got something like 10 years ago, there are just recessed LED bulbs. The build quality isn't outstanding, but it's not too bad either.

The battery carrier inside the light is an interesting design-- both positive and negative terminals are on the top of the carrier, all the electronics and contacts are in the small flashlight head. The rest of it could make a rather nice match safe, it just would need a plug with similar threads, if & when the electronic part of the light breaks or just becomes obsolete.

Woot Tang Clan

T7 sold out.

mick66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mick66
Woot Tang Clan wrote:T7 sold out.

It was sold out before noon.