lichme

quality posts: 2846 Private Messages lichme

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ATTENTION!!!

Note that if you want it in time for Christmas, you must choose

TWO-DAY SHIPPING

NOTE: Expedited shipping is not available to all areas or at all times. Our order system checks immediately with your closest FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) warehouse to see if they can pull & ship the order in time to meet the 2-day shipping promise. The first deadline is in just a few hours.

You might try later in the day - after about 11am to noon Central. That's after the first deadline and they have 24-hour before the next deadline. It bumps delivery out a day but it will still be two days.

No promises but it's worth a try.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

disturbed0ne

quality posts: 9 Private Messages disturbed0ne

The sellout, the moofi, AND the home are all knives. Knife.woot.com!

TheTexasTwister

quality posts: 11 Private Messages TheTexasTwister
disturbed0ne wrote:The sellout, the moofi, AND the home are all knives. Knife.woot.com!

It's probably for dealing with that mountain lion that pops up in bear country over on sport.woot. Someone get that mountain lion a map and a compass.

alextse

quality posts: 24 Private Messages alextse

I'd be terribly embarrassed to be caught using these knives. Just go to a restaurant supply store and get their cheap knives instead, they look about the same, priced similarly, but at least they're real kitchen knives that MAY hold up longer than a couple months.

Lot180b

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lot180b

I've used these knives for a long time. A good set of cheap knives. Better than your typical Farberware or whatever generic brand alternative.

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123

I hear that these will keep you from being shot in the woods during hunting season.

duckpin300

quality posts: 1 Private Messages duckpin300

I've had the utility knife for some time and it's held up pretty well - these may be a great set of knifes for camping or picnics..

circusninja

quality posts: 8 Private Messages circusninja

If I pay, could I just get Rachel Ray to come over and cook my Christmas meal, instead of sending me knives?

mrsjcanarr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsjcanarr

I have these knives (got them as a wedding present) and they are just OK. They do in a pinch, but they dull quickly and don't leave a very smooth cut.

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut

I wouldn't order these knives if you paid me the $15.99...

themcnasty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages themcnasty

We've had these knives for a while and they are definitely better than any other brand in the price range and don't deserve the hate they're getting in the other comments. They have a good feel in the hand and the "gusto-grip" is easy to hold onto, even when things get slippery (calamari). We use our knives daily and they hold a very sharp edge for weeks of hard use, then I swipe them back and forth in our $7 Ikea knife sharpener two or three times and they're good for another few weeks.

To compare, our other knives of various brands hold a sharp edge for only a few days of use before I need to touch them up. I consider an edge sharp when I don't have to gentle with a tomato (there is a reason they're the litmus test of knives).

robdango

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robdango

Currently $36 on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Furi-Rachael-Gusto-Basics-3-Knife/dp/B001NABGL8 and averaging 4+ stars.
Reviews seem to be very pleased with these as an inexpensive set of knives. There are a few 1 & 2 star reviews, which I tend to read skeptically unless there are many of them.
The single 3 star review (http://www.amazon.com/review/R3E95K188FP37Q) says these are a "nifty little set, and they're FINE for any kind of home kitchen use".
I'm in for 1, and will probably get rid of the massive knife block set (with 10 of the 12 never used) I got for my 5 year employment anniversary.

billlh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billlh

A word of caution, if you go to Amazon's site and look at the original set of these you will see her name is on the knives. I spotted these the other day on Yugster and they are the same thing without her name on them. Which makes me wonder if these are indeed the real deal or some cheap knock off?

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Not really worth the shipping cost alone. Pass

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
billlh wrote:A word of caution, if you go to Amazon's site and look at the original set of these you will see her name is on the knives. I spotted these the other day on Yugster and they are the same thing without her name on them. Which makes me wonder if these are indeed the real deal or some cheap knock off?

We don't want anyone to worry, so we checked with our buyers and they told us these are totally legitimate. Buy with confidence, shoppers!

I'm just hanging out, really.

MuddyG

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MuddyG
inkycatz wrote:We don't want anyone to worry, so we checked with our buyers and they told us these are totally legitimate. Buy with confidence, shoppers!

"Yeah, the guy who sold me these said they're totally legit- nothing to worry about!"

LOL - I'm sure they are legit, I just found that to be very funny.

Filth. Flarn. Filth.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
MuddyG wrote:"Yeah, the guy who sold me these said they're totally legit- nothing to worry about!"

LOL - I'm sure they are legit, I just found that to be very funny.

I know no one really reads all of my post, so I like to highlight the key elements there.

I'm just hanging out, really.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
circusninja wrote:If I pay, could I just get Rachel Ray to come over and cook my Christmas meal, instead of sending me knives?

So you want food poisoning instead of crappy knives?

jt0077

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jt0077

I've purchased the chef's knife by itself and the cook's knife / vegetable knife combo off of Woot. For the price I couldn't be happier. Like one other reviewer said they do go dull fairly quickly and the sharpeners in the mounts don't do much good. However using a sharpener every once in awhile will take care of that. The only problem I see with this set is the handles look like cheap plastic rather than the rubberized (gusto) grips on the other sets I have. Perhaps it's the lighting in the image? They also don't have the mount/s that I've found immensely useful in our limited space kitchen. But for the price I'm still thinking about buying these to add into my wife and I's tooling.

billlh

inkycatz wrote:We don't want anyone to worry, so we checked with our buyers and they told us these are totally legitimate. Buy with confidence, shoppers!

I would love to hear the explanation then why these don't have her name on them but the ones on Amazon's site do?

ledastray

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ledastray

OK, not great knives. (Just look at some of the others on sale here at *.Woot!)

But I keep looking at these, their case, and the $10 bamboo cutting board set over on home-plus, and thinking what a nice little package it would have made when we were moving our kids in & out of various college rooms & apartments.

Not what I'd want in my ultimate kitchen, but all the minuses are pluses in other situations. A little under size? Perfect on those cramped counter tops. Just a cheap case, not a nice knife block, again perfect when you're moving a couple times a year. Roommate wrecks it or takes it? Not cool, but not that big of a deal. I imagine a cabin, RV, boat, or camping kit might have similar needs.

billlh

The silence is deafening!

almostpink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages almostpink

I have few knives of this brand and celebrity name. I purchased them at a local discount store for a deal. (Go Ollie's!) Cooks Illustrated magazine, a real paper magazine, did a review of the 6 piece set in their Nov/Dec 2011 issue. Of these particular blades, they had this to say: "...the paring knife was too heavy for precision tasks, and the utility blade was utterly dispensable. The only decent blade: the santoku."

marylef

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marylef

I bought two sets one for me and one for my daughter. I really just got them for the santoku which I have been coveting for a while anyway and this price was irresistable. I'm no chef by any means but I have been using an 8" chef knife I got twenty years ago. I will keep that because it works but I'm kind of intrigued to try this new one. The paring knife will just be the one I leave at work for slicing fruits and veggies at lunch time. That way I can take my good Swiss Army paring knife home where it belongs.

alderson21

quality posts: 6 Private Messages alderson21

My wife was a bit put-off when she opened these on Christmas because they said "Racheal Ray" on them, but now that we've used them for a few months, they are a favorite. They keep their edge well (so far) and boy are they sharp. They'll slice a tomato thin enough to see through it if you're careful.