WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Sony Speaker System with Apple Dock

Speed to First Woot:
3m 31.332s
First Sucker:
shronek
Last Wooter to Woot:
vidyesh
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 35% of Sellout Woots
Top 48% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 30% of Sellout Woots
Top 18% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 23% first woot
  • 8% second woot
  • 35% < 10 woots
  • 18% < 25 woots
  • 16% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 20% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 3% one month old
  • 15% one year old
  • 60% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 90% bought 1
  • 4% bought 2
  • 5% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

3%
6%
3%
1%
1%
3%
6%
6%
8%
8%
7%
5%
5%
3%
3%
5%
2%
2%
3%
3%
5%
4%
3%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


ThunderThighs


quality posts: 499 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff



PAY ATTENTION TO SHIPPING!!!

Note that if you want it in time for Christmas, you must choose

TWO-DAY SHIPPING




NOTE: Not available to all areas and/or orders. Our system checks with FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) and if the order can't be fulfilled in time, the expedited shipping is denied. Sorry.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 499 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff


Any personal reviews to share? They're always good for a quality post!

mmooore


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmooore

Only standard shipping available... will it arrive for Christmas??

Gerg


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Gerg

Amazon $204 - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NGOPSY

Refurbs at Amazon are more than this one, and it's a new item here.

Lowest other online price I could find was $170. Looks like a pretty good deal.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 499 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mmooore wrote:Only standard shipping available... will it arrive for Christmas??


I'm sorry. Our system checks with the FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) warehouse nearest you and if it can't fulfill it in time, it won't process expedited shipping. Same for me.

Gerg


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Gerg
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry. Our system checks with the FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) warehouse nearest you and if it can't fulfill it in time, it won't process expedited shipping. Same for me.



Ah, man. Needed it by Christmas and also tells me nothing other than standard shipping available (although it didn't at first). And I'm pretty darn close to Amazon warehouses. That's too bad...

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 499 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Gerg wrote:Ah, man. Needed it by Christmas and also tells me nothing other than standard shipping available (although it didn't at first). And I'm pretty darn close to Amazon warehouses. That's too bad...



From what I understand, it's not the location of the warehouse but the item in the warehouse and perhaps the number of orders being pulled (not just ours).

mmooore


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmooore
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry. Our system checks with the FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) warehouse nearest you and if it can't fulfill it in time, it won't process expedited shipping. Same for me.



Thanks, there should be a law against posting great deals before Christmas without any guidance if it'll arrive in time. Do I roll the dice?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 499 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mmooore wrote:Thanks, there should be a law against posting great deals before Christmas without any guidance if it'll arrive in time. Do I roll the dice?



Blame the post office. That usually works with no questions asked.

assidreign


quality posts: 0 Private Messages assidreign

I, too, just purchased this awesome deal and selected 2 day shipping, however; I was forced to select standard shipping in the end. I'm within a few hours of the main Amazon hub in Lexington, KY so I'm baffled as to why 2 day shipping wasn't available for me. I rolled the dice anyway...

jsw777


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsw777

Will I be able to dock my phone if I have a Lifeproof case?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 499 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

assidreign wrote:I, too, just purchased this awesome deal and selected 2 day shipping, however; I was forced to select standard shipping in the end. I'm within a few hours of the main Amazon hub in Lexington, KY so I'm baffled as to why 2 day shipping wasn't available for me. I rolled the dice anyway...



It's actually not the location of the warehouse but the location of the stuff in the warehouse and can they get it pulled/packaged in time to beat the cut-off for expedited shipping.

You might try later in the day. Right now, it's a tight window to meet the shipping deadline for two-day which is about 11am Central. Once that passes, it may work since they'll have 24 hours before the next deadline.

No promises but it's worth a try.

civictyper30


quality posts: 2 Private Messages civictyper30

I LOVE this dock! There were some great reviews of this thing and I have to say they were all right in the clarity and the sound output. I had the CapsuleRebel SpeakEasy case and I had no problems with it docking with case on. I have since upgraded to iPhone 5 and I had to get the cabled extension from 30 pin to 9 pin and it works great! I wish the standard 30 pin to 9 pin adapter worked with my case... but it's a bit daft on how they did design that piece considering almost all manufacturers of cases will make only the hole big enough for the 9 pin cable and not as big as a 30 pin cable... but I digress...

Also... be warned... this unit can put out a lot of bass! It is a bit bass heavy and I have it set with custom equalizer through the app muting as much as I can the lower frequencies but it's still puts out a fair amount, but does not over reach even on classical or meditative music. I just hope my neighbors don't get too pissed... no complaints yet (knock on wood) .

You won't be disappointed with the price and the output. If you go nude with your iPhone 5, get the adapter and don't look back! It works great with my Gen 2 and Gen 3 iPads too.

Also, I enjoy a clean but rich sound and my fav headphones are the AudioTechnica ATH-M50s if that helps you understand where I'm coming from in an Audio perspective.

Good luck!!!

spicy618


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spicy618

Hi,

Question. Does the this work with the older model Ipod? Do the older models have the 30 pin thingy?

Thanks!

anthgothlz


quality posts: 2 Private Messages anthgothlz
mmooore wrote:Thanks, there should be a law against posting great deals before Christmas without any guidance if it'll arrive in time. Do I roll the dice?



Don't - my experience this month is that some things get here in about two days and some things sit in the queue for more than a week before being shipped. I've already cancelled four things this seasons because of shipping "issues", like asking for expedited shipping and then finding it came out as regular shipping.

It would certainly be a roll of the dice.


ferociouskitty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferociouskitty

I bought this on woot for $125 a couple months ago and I LOVE it. Honestly the best dock I've ever heard. Sounds just as good as the similarly priced bose docs. I have it in a small apartment and it fills the rooms up with music beautifully.

Highly recommend it.

pooberry


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pooberry

Got this one from woot a couple months back.

GOOD:
- Sounds pretty good. It's not a hi-fi surround system or anything, but it puts out a good bit of sound for the footprint.
- looks kinda cool?
- has a remote with very basic functionality

LESS GOOD:
- If you have an Otterbox on your iPhone, it WILL NOT fit onto this dock. I was assured that "even the bulkiest case" would fit. It doesn't. I bought a $5 adapter (basically makes the 30-pin stick up by an inch so it fits.) It feels kinda cheap this way, flexing and wobbling when you dock in. I also (very recently: still in the mail) bought a bluetooth receiver that sits in the dock and relays the music to the dock ($9 eBay.) I really wanted a wireless dock the whole time, so maybe this will make me happier.
- On top of that, I wish the awkward power brick that sits halfway down the power cord could have been integrated into the dock so the cord would be small. As it is right now, moving the dock from one place to another is like holding too many limes.

Overall it does the job, but for my personal needs/wants, I wish I'd waited and got that cool TDK boombox instead. Anyone want to switch?

escalante


quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante

I have no idea how to count the pins in the connector, and my specs say nothing about the amount. So I looked under “Specs” then “Connectors” (first Woot page) and noticed this is for the 1st and 2nd generation iPod touch only. I have the 4th generation touch so I will have to pass on this deal.

kingzing


quality posts: 1 Private Messages kingzing
escalante wrote:I have no idea how to count the pins in the connector, and my specs say nothing about the amount. So I looked under “Specs” then “Connectors” (first Woot page) and noticed this is for the 1st and 2nd generation iPod touch only. I have the 4th generation touch so I will have to pass on this deal.



I'm pretty sure it will work with fourth gen because they have the birth pin connector. I think. I have a fourth gen And works fine on my onkyo dock..I'm not at home now otherwise would take to my gf house to try for you..

mamoth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamoth

Really wish woot would bring out some iPhone 5 docks. Spread the wealth will ya? ;)

michael2255


quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255

PC Mag would have made it Editor's Choice if it didn't bounce around so much. Reminds me of my high end Breville Blender that bounces around too.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2395448,00.asp

mmooore


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmooore
anthgothlz wrote:Don't - my experience this month is that some things get here in about two days and some things sit in the queue for more than a week before being shipped. I've already cancelled four things this seasons because of shipping "issues", like asking for expedited shipping and then finding it came out as regular shipping.

It would certainly be a roll of the dice.



I got a winning roll... the shipping notice said it'll arrive Wednesday with standard shipping. Lucky I figure, shipped from Oakland, CA.

wbmartin68


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wbmartin68

We just got the iGroove dock a when I saw this come on sale so I picked one up. I had tested the RDP x200 in target over the weekend and it was fantastic.

My wife really loved the iGroove and how compact it is, but when she heard the Sony she jumped on it. This is a great speaker set with a fabulous price. It works fine on my iPhone 4GS with iOS6 and an old iPod Touch and both work great.

michael2255


quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255

I should have bought 3 instead of 2. Shipped in 3 days.

chirby


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chirby

I know this is an old thread, but I've had a very poor experience (just like my previous 2 Woots). When docking my old iPod I get no audio whatsoever. I know it's connected because every remote function works (play/pause/forward/back/etc.), and yet there is no sound. My iPod is pretty crusty - 5th generation 60 gig I believe - but is in mint condition and works perfectly on every other speaker dock I use.

I can connect using the input and the audio works fine, although that defeats the purpose. And even that sounds like there's a short in the connection somewhere if you move the wire at all.

Finally, the power button often sticks, which is a big pain in the butt and unacceptable for a new item.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 499 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

chirby wrote:I know this is an old thread, but I've had a very poor experience (just like my previous 2 Woots). When docking my old iPod I get no audio whatsoever. I know it's connected because every remote function works (play/pause/forward/back/etc.), and yet there is no sound. My iPod is pretty crusty - 5th generation 60 gig I believe - but is in mint condition and works perfectly on every other speaker dock I use.

I can connect using the input and the audio works fine, although that defeats the purpose. And even that sounds like there's a short in the connection somewhere if you move the wire at all.

Finally, the power button often sticks, which is a big pain in the butt and unacceptable for a new item.


I'm sorry for the problems you're having with the Speaker system. Have you contacted Sony? You have a one-year warranty through Sony on this item.

chirby


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chirby
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry for the problems you're having with the Speaker system. Have you contacted Sony? You have a one-year warranty through Sony on this item.



That's the next step. It's just been hard to catch them during their business hours. Thanks.