12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3002 Private Messages lichme

ProperT

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ProperT

bought this on woot over a month ago. subwoofer went out after 1st day, sent it to boston acoustic, got another refurbished unit that had a flawed control panel, sent that one to boston acoustic, should get my 3rd one on monday. To me it seems they don't do sufficient testing on their refurbished models. That is my experience.

gm82475

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gm82475

Basically the same experience here, but I gave up after the first return. The second sub had the same exact issue.

ProperT wrote:bought this on woot over a month ago. subwoofer went out after 1st day, sent it to boston acoustic, got another refurbished unit that had a flawed control panel, sent that one to boston acoustic, should get my 3rd one on monday. To me it seems they don't do sufficient testing on their refurbished models. That is my experience.

mfitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfitch

these are new on amazon for $20 more...
doesn't seem like a great deal to me.
http://www.amazon.com/Boston-Acoustics-TVee-Model-25/dp/B004V1DAC4

27 unique / 44 total woot'ed items in 2010 - how did that happen?

toonvox

quality posts: 7 Private Messages toonvox
mfitch wrote:these are new on amazon for $20 more...
doesn't seem like a great deal to me.
http://www.amazon.com/Boston-Acoustics-TVee-Model-25/dp/B004V1DAC4

You'd think Amazon and woot would call each other the night before. Or they could walk down the hall and talk. Or they can check the freakin' Amazon site as mfitch did.

pmones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pmones

I bought this unit about a month a go from Woot. It had problems from the day I unboxed it and I sent it back to their warranty repair center in NY. Just got it back and it still does not work right. Now I have to return it again. I would not recommend buying.

ebnub

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ebnub

This thing is a piece of junk. When it's plugged in and running I pretty much don't have a WiFi signal in the same half of the house and the subwoofer pops in and out as it's signal comes and goes. It's pretty much a constant frequency battle between the wireless router and the soundbar. I even tried buying a new router of different brand and the issues continued. Assigning a channel number manually on the router and going through every combination between the soundbar and router had no luck. Some combinations worked better than others but nothing was 100%.

gdeperio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gdeperio

After reading all the previous comments. I regret purchasing this unit. I was hesitant to purchase refurbished, but I figured Boston Acoustic was a reputable audio company and would have quality products. I'm experiencing the same issues mentioned in previous comments...lost connectivity with subwoofer and digital connection not working. In addition, the item was sent out for repair to a local BA authorized technician, but unfortunately the same issue after 30 to 60 minutes the sub goes out and the digital input doesn't work. Anyone please advise on returns or other options?!

ams30gts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ams30gts

$129.00 + FS on amazon right now for a new one.

blaster30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blaster30

bought one from woot about a month ago. love it. this will be number 2

searcysm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages searcysm

I bought one of these new over a month ago from a local audio shop and I love it. I use it on my office tv and it really fills the room and for such a small sub it has some omph. If all you want is stereo sound with some decent lows then I highly recommend it.

Haven't had any issues with the sub popping or losing my Wi-Fi connection like the refurbs seem to be doing. I'd spend the extra $20 and get it new on amazon.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

Looks like Woot has a dog of a deal on this one!

joringel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joringel

Total piece of s$%&. Dead out of the box from the day I bought it, and Boston Acoustics treats Woot customers as third-class citizens on repairs. For the low low price of $55 shipping, I can send it to Iowa for a possible warranty repair.

Do NOT buy Boston Acoustics equipment from anyone, especially Woot.

jester6641

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jester6641

Bought this about a month ago. First one came and kept turning off after 60 seconds. And the sub buzzed the whole time it was on. Returned.

The second one the sub just didn't work. Returned for a refund.

I'd avoid this if I were you.

McHaggis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages McHaggis

I've had one that was purchased new from a brick & mortar shop a year or so ago. It has worked fine for us, but the refurb stories here would prevent me from buying one here.

I do have a small beef with the way it works. It can be programmed to respond to volume and on/off controls from any remote you have. However, the volume by remote (I've tried a few) seems to go up and down in increments that are bigger than if you click the volume controls on the sound bar. This makes it hard to get the volume where you want it and necessitates walking over and using the manual controls...when you're not sitting in a good listening position. Pretty coal.

So, now that I think about it, I doubt I'd recommend these at all. They sound good, but there's a ton of competing products out there.

wootatoottoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootatoottoot

Bought one ages ago. Setup was a bit touchy, if u expect instant satisfaction then you might get disappointed. However, with a little patiance it all clicked into place and sounded just great ( well for a OTA TV). Hooked up a sound sysytem through the digital link and it sounded just fine. Never did fathom out the remote Mistletoetion, but don't care because I have it wired throu a switch for choice between the sound bar and wireless headphones. Sweet, neat, and good value solution for an average Joe like me.

neebles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages neebles

I bought mine the last time they were on here, and sadly I also regret the purchase. It worked fine for the first day, but after that it turns itself off every 30 seconds. I tired to send it back, but missed the window of opportunity, so now it sits in its box in my garage.

bhaschalk

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bhaschalk

I bought this a few woots ago, replacing my older philips soundbar.

I love it, BUT! Let me address the wireless issue, as I spent COUNTLESS hours researching.

This, like many other wireless devices, works on a 2.4ghz frequency, which is the reason for the drop in wireless connectivity. Here are a list of things you can do to improve that performance, and believe me I tried them ALL:

1 - move your router to a more centralized location in the home
2 - change the channel on your router, try 1 6 or 10, 1 worked the best for me. Oh, and download inssider from metageek.net, it is a freeware app that shows you all routers in your vicinity and their respective channels that are overlapping yours, so you can pick one that does not overlap.
3 - in conjunction with number 2, try the different 'Wireless Id' channels on the soundbar/subwoofer and see which one performs the best.
4 - try moving the subwoofer to different locations.

While these steps WILL help improve the wireless performance, it did not cure the problem for me (I stream movies from a home server to my xbox360, and nothing is more annoying than to have it buffer in the middle of a flick).

The 100% fix is costly, but it will work. Get a dual-band router. I bought this baby:
http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Wireless-Router-Gigabit-WNDR4500/dp/B005KG44V0

Then, on the device you need flawless uninteruption (in my case my 360) you can then point to the second band on the router (it transmits both 2.4g and 5.0g bands).
I won't go into the differences in these bands, but if you get into this situation as I did, this is your solution.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

GOOD NEWS!

We've lowered the price to $99.99!

Competition is fierce this time of year but we're fiercer...

As always, if you already ordered, you'll be getting a nice email from CS about the refund of the difference.

Now, please, go buy 3 so we don't have to sell these again!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

neebles wrote:I bought mine the last time they were on here, and sadly I also regret the purchase. It worked fine for the first day, but after that it turns itself off every 30 seconds. I tired to send it back, but missed the window of opportunity, so now it sits in its box in my garage.

Did you know that it turns itself off if there's no audio signal? Also, the light goes out after 30 seconds but it's still working. I guess so you don't have to stare at a light while watching TV.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

L2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L2

i bought 2 of the phillips soundbars with the non wireless subwoofer, sounds like i made the right choice, not only was the phillips cheaper in price, they seem to have less problems overall...

Perception Management.

runswithsizzers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages runswithsizzers
L2 wrote:i bought 2 of the phillips soundbars with the non wireless subwoofer, sounds like i made the right choice, not only was the phillips cheaper in price, they seem to have less problems overall...

Aldasheeki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Aldasheeki
blaster30 wrote:bought one from woot about a month ago. love it. this will be number 2

I missed this deal and I regret it. I like this BA speaker system so much, I've bought one for siblings, cousins, and parents as well. Sure, I've had quality problems with the refurbished ones. The first one I bought from woot (maybe four years ago) was defective so I had to ship it to get it fixed. And today it doesn't sound very good. But I've bought 3 BA TVee models since then, and they all still sound like $200 speakers.

earthtoandy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthtoandy

Bought one about 3 months ago. Failed a couple weeks ago. The subwoofer has an issue and got extremely hot, I would make sure nothing flammable is near it just in case... it sounded like a relatively common issue for them. Really poor service. My warranty after such a short time of ownership consists of me spending $40 bucks to ship it to some random service person in California. Not sure I wanna spend so very much on a company without a real warranty and for a product that just makes popping noises all day (the wireless aspect is not well done in my experience). Maybe I just have too much interference around here, but that should be expected when you make a 2.4ghz device.

Well $150 loss for me.

gnarowski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnarowski

I got one last time and it works flawless _ i love it. that is my experience.

Budroe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Budroe

Bought one... sent it back
Received another... sent it back
Received a third... sent it back and got my refund.

First one sub got so hot it would burn your hand.

Second one sub got hot nor would it learn the remote.

Third one would not learn remote plus the shield for the speaker was busted.

I appreciate all that Woot tried to do to accommodate me. I would shy away from the refurb BA units.

kpc01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpc01
Budroe wrote:Bought one... sent it back
Received another... sent it back
Received a third... sent it back and got my refund.

First one sub got so hot it would burn your hand.

Second one sub got hot nor would it learn the remote.

Third one would not learn remote plus the shield for the speaker was busted.

I appreciate all that Woot tried to do to accommodate me. I would shy away from the refurb BA units.

Add me to this list. didn't work out of the box and the sub got really hot. tried all channels and still nothing. it would work anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 or so minutes. the only way to reconnect was turning the sub off and on again. I sent it back 3 days after owning and still haven't even got so much as a "hey we got your speakers" email or call so who knows when it will return and at this point I have high doubts of it working.

It did sound good for those quick 30 second intervals though!

jgiannon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgiannon

I can't believe everyone is having so many issues. I have had none, well except for the wifi issue. But that was easily fixable, just Google it.

tearsnjoy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tearsnjoy2
ThunderThighs wrote:GOOD NEWS!

We've lowered the price to $99.99!

Competition is fierce this time of year but we're fiercer...

As always, if you already ordered, you'll be getting a nice email from CS about the refund of the difference.

Now, please, go buy 3 so we don't have to sell these again!

Order #42881201 user tearsnjoy2

Hi,

According to this post from Woot Staff, I was supposed to get a credit of $30 because the price was lowered. Please let me know about my refund.