WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

The Bedroom is the Bestroom

It's your sanctuary. It's where you spend your most vulnerable hours (aside from the bathroom, obvs). It's where you collect your thoughts, make your loves, and if you're really uncouth eat your midnight snacks. Your bedroom should be nice and cozy. Even if nowhere else in your hovel is.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Sellout is the best the haven of the people who have previously purchased a woot letting us know if we missed out on the first time and convincing us to buy this stuff. Don't you agree? Reviews are always welcome, of course.

I'm just hanging out, really.

LBeria

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LBeria

Bought the Light Therapy Floor Lamp here on sellout.woot 10 days ago (but it's cheaper now, thank you very much) and I LOVE it!! I have vision problems and was recommended a full-spectrum lamp by my occupational therapist and had been looking for one that fit the decor of my house and was a price I could afford.

It has really helped brighten the room and my husband and son even say that they can read more clearly when sitting next to it. The light is crisp and does not add strain to the eyes.

VERY, very glad I bought this! And it's gorgeous in my 1930's house!!

Purchases: Too many to track anymore but only 3 Birthday of Celebrations since 2006.

Only the good die young.... But most people are morally ambiguous which explains our random dying patterns....

LBeria

Ooh!! I forgot to add that the base is weighted -- a big bonus for me with kids, klutzy husband, and lots of pets in the house! I know it will stay in place and not drop over on me when I'm using it. Plus, the weight at the end of the adjustable arm is also sizeable and helps me keep it angled exactly where I want it. The glass shade is gorgeous and I couldn't be more pleased with it!

Purchases: Too many to track anymore but only 3 Birthday of Celebrations since 2006.

Only the good die young.... But most people are morally ambiguous which explains our random dying patterns....

Kao1138

quality posts: 30 Private Messages Kao1138

I know that they have the 24 piece sets for full size beds plenty of other times but the fact that they only have them this time for queen and king is somewhat disappointing and those of us who might want to buy for full can only get the quilt sets.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Kao1138 wrote:I know that they have the 24 piece sets for full size beds plenty of other times but the fact that they only have them this time for queen and king is somewhat disappointing and those of us who might want to buy for full can only get the quilt sets.

Items on Sellout will often have limited selections because they're leftover stock from earlier sales on the other sites. Keep checking Home.Woot for bedding with more selection in sizes.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

fjp999

quality posts: 16 Private Messages fjp999
LBeria wrote:Bought the Light Therapy Floor Lamp here on sellout.woot 10 days ago (but it's cheaper now, thank you very much) and I LOVE it!! I have vision problems and was recommended a full-spectrum lamp by my occupational therapist and had been looking for one that fit the decor of my house and was a price I could afford.

It has really helped brighten the room and my husband and son even say that they can read more clearly when sitting next to it. The light is crisp and does not add strain to the eyes.

VERY, very glad I bought this! And it's gorgeous in my 1930's house!!

Agreed! Have you ever had the chance to look at your windows from the outside? Soooo bright compared to other lights (lol).

I was very lucky to get the floor and desk when it was offered ages ago and love them both!

Looked up standard (screw in type) light therapy bulbs on Amazon and was surprised to find that photo supply shops offer rather affordable bulbs!

chezteladog

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chezteladog

How bright is this floor lamp? The bulb is only 26 watts. The only use that's described is to treat people with seasonal something disorder. What about reading or seeing your environment better?

laconic

quality posts: 5 Private Messages laconic

Rayon from Bamboo Qn Sheets

"Rayon is made from plants and trees, bamboo included, but it must go through a chemically-intensive process that results in a considerable amount of pollution."

Buy this for what it is, buy don't buy it just to be eco-friendly.

fjp999

quality posts: 16 Private Messages fjp999

Might be interested in the 30" Preserved Boxwood Topiary.

Is the measurement of the tree alone or does it include the pot and if it does include the pot how high is the terra cotta pot?

thanks

LBeria

chezteladog wrote:How bright is this floor lamp? The bulb is only 26 watts. The only use that's described is to treat people with seasonal something disorder. What about reading or seeing your environment better?

It's VERY bright! I don't have a light meter so I can't give you specific candle-power readings, but I have it set up in the corner of my living room and it illuminates more than 50% of it very well. I also have Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) & have been plopped down in front of the special lights at the doctor's office. I like my lamp MUCH better!

However, I have looked-up the information about the bulb I have in it and it equals a 100W CFL or incandescent bulb. It doesn't have the yellow tint the older bulbs have and some say it's a bit blue for them. I like the cooler color -- my eyes don't hurt after a while of being around it. Plus, I and the rest of my family have noticed that when reading the words are crisper on the page and when doing other activities I'm able to see much more clearly than before.

Still very, very pleased with my lamp!

sam927

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sam927
LBeria wrote:It's VERY bright! I don't have a light meter so I can't give you specific candle-power readings, but I have it set up in the corner of my living room and it illuminates more than 50% of it very well. I also have Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) & have been plopped down in front of the special lights at the doctor's office. I like my lamp MUCH better!

However, I have looked-up the information about the bulb I have in it and it equals a 100W CFL or incandescent bulb. It doesn't have the yellow tint the older bulbs have and some say it's a bit blue for them. I like the cooler color -- my eyes don't hurt after a while of being around it. Plus, I and the rest of my family have noticed that when reading the words are crisper on the page and when doing other activities I'm able to see much more clearly than before.

Still very, very pleased with my lamp!

Thank you so much for your thorough replies about this lamp, LBeria! Sorry for not adding much to the discussion - I just wanted to thank you for answering my random questions before I thought to ask them.

alarine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alarine

I agree, thanks for the lamp reviews, they were a great help!

meadowlark

quality posts: 5 Private Messages meadowlark
chezteladog wrote:How bright is this floor lamp? The bulb is only 26 watts. The only use that's described is to treat people with seasonal something disorder. What about reading or seeing your environment better?

My thoughts exactly! I need a floor lamp for sewing and crafts. I'm really looking online for a 300 watt halogen tochiere. I don't see how this could give enough light for anyone to use to see anything better at 26 watts. Light therapy - okay. I get it. task lighting? I doubt it at 26 watts.

artwire

quality posts: 3 Private Messages artwire
meadowlark wrote: I don't see how this could give enough light for anyone to use to see anything better at 26 watts. Light therapy - okay. I get it. task lighting? I doubt it at 26 watts.

It's REALLY bright - perhaps too bright to leave on all the time, if you're not reading, doing close-up tasks, or otherwise engaged in activities that require such a strong illumination. Mine arrived today - easy to put together (once I figured out that you need to pull the cord through the base as you are attaching the sections or there will be leftover wiring at the top. (Just turn it on the side and pull it through). It also took me a few seconds to figure out how to twist and snap in the weird bulb. (Note: the two prongs dont go into the two round holes, they slide into the longer openings) Wow, it's a strong light. But there was some damage to one of the lamp pole pieces (it looks like the wood split vertically - it looked like a scratch at first) .I put it together anyway to see if it worked (before deciding whether or not to send it back). It does, and I like it, so I dont think I will return it - but you might want to check the pieces before assembly. I hope this defect wont affect the stability of the lamp long term - now that I think of it, I might send a photo of it to customer service - maybe they can find me a substitute piece from a return. This is a VERY heavy package, so taking it apart and repacking it into the box to ship back would be a big hassle - not sure it would be worth it, as others may be similarly damaged -- AND they were sold out).

My kindle and I are happy - it's a very nice reading light. Decided to stick it behind the sofa instead of in the bedroom, where I had intended to place it.

Oh, did I mention that it's RED? That wasn't part of the description - at least I hadn't noticed that little detail - the post is kind of a burgundy/red color, with nice white shade and a heavy faux brass base and lever.

artwire

quality posts: 3 Private Messages artwire

well, the bulb just died on this ... 7 months - not exactly 10,000 hrs, so I was expecting more. The problem is, I cant find a replacement that has the same specs. I"ve seen 24 wat 5000K, which is close, but the light from this lamp was great and I'd like to replicate it with replacement bulbs. Doubt anyone is following this thread now, but ... would appreciate suggestions as to where /how to replace bulb. I think it needs a "squat" format bulb (about 31/2 inches) whereas the standard natural daylight ones with GU24 two prong bottoms are about 5 inches and may stick out beyond the length of the shade. The company that used to see these no longer does -- so .... are we out of luck? I've ordered a couple of different bulbs online to see if any will work, but none match the color temperature *(6500K), size, and wattage of this one. Help?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

artwire wrote:well, the bulb just died on this ... 7 months - not exactly 10,000 hrs, so I was expecting more. The problem is, I cant find a replacement that has the same specs. I"ve seen 24 wat 5000K, which is close, but the light from this lamp was great and I'd like to replicate it with replacement bulbs. Doubt anyone is following this thread now, but ... would appreciate suggestions as to where /how to replace bulb. I think it needs a "squat" format bulb (about 31/2 inches) whereas the standard natural daylight ones with GU24 two prong bottoms are about 5 inches and may stick out beyond the length of the shade. The company that used to see these no longer does -- so .... are we out of luck? I've ordered a couple of different bulbs online to see if any will work, but none match the color temperature *(6500K), size, and wattage of this one. Help?

the folks at Support@Woot.com should be able to connect you to the right resources, if there are any. you might send an email their way.

or perhaps one of our keen community members will have an answer quicker!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.