WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Crap We Couldn't Sell on Home.Woot

Sellout's a special place where deals go to die. It's a place where any Buyer can try to make a last ditch effort to offload the stuff that's still muckin' up their books. This time it's Home.Woot's turn!

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

The home of last resort, Sellout. People with these items, will you come tell us people without these items why we cannot live without them?

Will this be the sale that finally breaks your resolve and you get a root beer kit?

I'm just hanging out, really.

editorkid

quality posts: 92 Private Messages editorkid
inkycatz wrote:Will this be the sale that finally breaks your resolve and you get a root beer kit?

I've made the root beer and it's pretty decent. The flavor leans on anise just a bit too much for me, but it's still fine, and it's easy to add a flavored syrup or steep some spices in the water before mixing it all up. (If you steep, make sure you remove them before you mix it!)

I brought along some homemade root beer and homemade cinnamon and vanilla ice cream to a Thanksgiving dinner so folks could make their own root beer floats for dessert and everything vanished pretty fast.

miguelmh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages miguelmh

Love the title!

shammychan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shammychan

I bought the burr grinder the first time it was offered. It works great and worth the small price uptick from the more common grinders just for the ease of use. It is also very easy to change the grind size and amount. This comes in handy because if I'm just making coffee for myself I use a French Press, but if the are a passle of people (hello parents coming in for Xmas) I use a large autodrip machine.

rockteacherjan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockteacherjan

Love the comforter on the XL twin set.
I could do without some of the extras but the comforter is great and the sheets and towel set aren'tbad.

catherinemcclarey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catherinemcclarey
rockteacherjan wrote:Love the comforter on the XL twin set.
I could do without some of the extras but the comforter is great and the sheets and towel set aren'tbad.

I am still really tempted to get this for my college-bound daughter (starting Fall 2013), especially since she's already received decent scholarship offers from 2 schools within driving distance of home (so we wouldn't have to re-mail this to her dorm when the time comes). I suppose she could try the bedding out on her bed at home before moving into a dorm next August. . . .

formand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages formand

The dog bowl is offered at a 110% price mark-up. You might sell a few to unsuspecting ignorami...

wickedd365

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wickedd365

This is the name of a sale that I can get behind.
Should just call the Bunch of Cheer#39;s this too.
Bags of crap we couldn't sell so we're giving it away.

DrunkCat

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DrunkCat

The kettle seems to be a good deal, almost half off compared to Amazon.

You could buy two and send me one for the same price at amazon. If you want to that is. I mean, it would be a hot gift for the winter season but no pressure.

Relax.

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
catherinemcclarey wrote:I am still really tempted to get this for my college-bound daughter (starting Fall 2013), especially since she's already received decent scholarship offers from 2 schools within driving distance of home (so we wouldn't have to re-mail this to her dorm when the time comes). I suppose she could try the bedding out on her bed at home before moving into a dorm next August. . . .

Just be prepared for the sheets not to fit perfectly. Dorm room beds are slightly longer than a normal size twin bed (for whatever reason) so they will not work quite well on a regular twin bed. Congratulations to her on the scholarship offers!

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek

i have a different cat dish, but i'm sure it works the same. my cat loves it - food and water.

*the perks of being a cat lady*

tnord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tnord

this is listed at the XL twin, designed for those dorm twins.

wisenekt wrote:Just be prepared for the sheets not to fit perfectly. Dorm room beds are slightly longer than a normal size twin bed (for whatever reason) so they will not work quite well on a regular twin bed. Congratulations to her on the scholarship offers!

mbirgen

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mbirgen

I was so tempted by the kettle until I read the reviews on Amazon. Now I wouldn't get it unless it came with a 2 year warranty which included shipping when the lids breaks.

formand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages formand

I am assuming you didn't see the $10.00 on the ad itself. I may well be ignorant, but I can read. I will choose to ignore you..

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
formand wrote:I am assuming you didn't see the $10.00 on the ad itself. I may well be ignorant, but I can read. I will choose to ignore you..

That is $18.00 not $10.00 on the list price for the bowl.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, let's please stop the name calling.

In other news,

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

CrystalSinger

quality posts: 7 Private Messages CrystalSinger

The Espressione Espresso/Cappuccino maker gets really mixed reviews up on the mothership. http://www.amazon.com/Espressione-1332-A-Espresso-Cappuccino-Anthracite/dp/B00198DCE8

Money is tight for me right now, so I won't be taking the chance.

T

nowxisxforever

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nowxisxforever
shammychan wrote:I bought the burr grinder the first time it was offered. It works great and worth the small price uptick from the more common grinders just for the ease of use. It is also very easy to change the grind size and amount. This comes in handy because if I'm just making coffee for myself I use a French Press, but if the are a passle of people (hello parents coming in for Xmas) I use a large autodrip machine.

I have one and love it, too. I use a pour-over, but it's easy to get a good grind from it. Way better than blade grinders.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
shammychan wrote:I bought the burr grinder the first time it was offered. It works great and worth the small price uptick from the more common grinders just for the ease of use. It is also very easy to change the grind size and amount. This comes in handy because if I'm just making coffee for myself I use a French Press, but if the are a passle of people (hello parents coming in for Xmas) I use a large autodrip machine.

What is your method of using the French press? IE, how much coffee, how long before the press, etc. I can never get it tasting right, except when I use a very small unit. TIA

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
lnjelinek wrote:i have a different cat dish, but i'm sure it works the same. my cat loves it - food and water.

*the perks of being a cat lady*

You may have already seen this wonderful satire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh2TJb7sxOs

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

gunnyrad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gunnyrad

Does anyone have the george forman grill? how do you like it?
Thanks

they2pproblem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages they2pproblem
radi0j0hn wrote:What is your method of using the French press? IE, how much coffee, how long before the press, etc. I can never get it tasting right, except when I use a very small unit. TIA

Find out how much water your French press holds. From there, for every 8 fluid ounces of water, use 10 grams (2 tablespoons) of coffee. My french press holds about 40 fl oz of water, so I go with 50 grams of coffee.

Go with a very coarse setting for your grinder. If the grind's too fine it makes the coffee far too strong and can cause the screen to clog, making the press difficult.

I let mine sit for about 4-5 minutes before pressing, then transfer it to a thermal carafe. If you're not already, you should be transferring the coffee out, otherwise it'll continue to absorb the coffee even though it's been pressed down and become too strong and bitter.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, let's please stop the name calling.

In other news,

Awe, I have been so bored for days and it was jut getting entertaining. Now what is there to do? No pro wrestling on TV and now no squabbling here. Boo Hoo.

K5ING

quality posts: 1 Private Messages K5ING
DrunkCat wrote:The kettle seems to be a good deal, almost half off compared to Amazon.

You could buy two and send me one for the same price at amazon. If you want to that is. I mean, it would be a hot gift for the winter season but no pressure.

I've got one that looks similar, but not as fancy and has only one button and has auto-off. Does the same thing. Cost only about $12.

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen
radi0j0hn wrote:What is your method of using the French press? IE, how much coffee, how long before the press, etc. I can never get it tasting right, except when I use a very small unit. TIA

I use med. course grind 2 rounded coffee scoops for 16 oz. water (not boiling) steep 5 min. and press. Let settle for 1 min. pour and enjoy. I tend to like Sumatra and other dark roasts. "Safeway Select" is cheap when on sale and not bad. Starbucks is better. YMMV!

clanecks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages clanecks
jiggersgreen wrote:I use med. course grind 2 rounded coffee scoops for 16 oz. water (not boiling) steep 5 min. and press. Let settle for 1 min. pour and enjoy. I tend to like Sumatra and other dark roasts. "Safeway Select" is cheap when on sale and not bad. Starbucks is better. YMMV!

A lot of people simply blend arabica with robusto. Really, coffee is pretty commoditized at this point. Flavor comes from blending, technique, and syrup, much more so than coffee brand. Gotta look for "arabica", preferably whole beans for you to grind. Add a scoop of robusto like Folgers or even Great Value to round out the caffeine delivery vehicle.

I am not responsible for this post.

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek
radi0j0hn wrote:You may have already seen this wonderful satire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh2TJb7sxOs

"and sometimes the cat door is closed"

keeps happening to my roommate's cat. and the dogs. so funny to watch

kmashaney

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kmashaney

FYI if you order a George Forman grill, hope that the person you intend to give it to isn't at home when it gets delivered or IT TOTALLY FREAKING RUINS IT.

THANKS WOOT. NOTHING LIKE SPENDING $50 ON A CHRISTMAS GIFT YOU DON'T GET TO WATCH SOMEONE OPEN. Oh, and the box wasn't even taped at the top. It seriously looked like someone just folded it closed.

EDIT - Since my angry rant yesterday I have calmed down. Mainly because my boyfriend was really excited and he made a steak and loves the grill. I made some chicken last night and it was delicious. SORRY WOOT I STILL LOVE YOU