4%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

nihar15

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nihar15

This is a very highly rated system. http://reviews.cnet.com/surround-speaker-systems/energy-take-classic-5/4505-7868_7-33310963.html

tkoa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tkoa

Why would I buy this here when a "female chicken product that you have for breakfast" site has it for $25 less after shipping costs? Come on Woot, you can at least match them in price.

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

I've never tried mounting a speaker via back screw holes... Would that mess with the air flow through the rear intake? Would it muffle the sound?

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I have been very happy with my Energy speakers, from woot! a few years back.

I wish we could get just the center channel though.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

sleepy35758

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sleepy35758

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882269004

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tkoa wrote:Why would I buy this here when a "female chicken product that you have for breakfast" site has it for $25 less after shipping costs? Come on Woot, you can at least match them in price.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, that's downright interesting. Took me a bit to figure out that store.

But to make things all better, we've lowered the price to $119.

Now, will it fit in your stocking?

Edit: Almost forgot.... now, go buy 3.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mambo143

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mambo143
ThunderThighs wrote:Hmmmmmmmmmm, that's downright interesting. Took me a bit to figure out that store.

But to make things all better, we've lowered the price to $119.

Now, will it fit in your stocking?

Haha, Thanks Thunder Thighs! I was on the site and saw it at $129 and was confused when I saw it again on Woot for $119. Ask and ye shall receive!

ThunderThighs

Staff

mambo143 wrote:Haha, Thanks Thunder Thighs! I was on the site and saw it at $129 and was confused when I saw it again on Woot for $119. Ask and ye shall receive!

Well, you won't always receive but we try to do our best.

Did you buy 3 yet?

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ptr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ptr

Damn your eyes, Woot! I just bought these two weeks ago for $150 from the mothership. Installed last weekend.

But, to anyone thinking about it...yes, buy these. Excellent low cost speakers. Match them with a reasonable subwoofer, and it will fill a room.
I paired it with the Polk Audio PSW10.

grrr...it is almost, but not quite, worth the hassle to buy these, and send the other ones back to Amazon.
Almost, but not quite $25 worth.

rhycochet

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rhycochet

iirc, energy take is a subsidiary development of klipsch. that speaks VOLUMES (bad pun i know) about their dependability in audio quality. i considered these at one point, but i've got too many TVs and soundbars w/ wireless subs were just the more practical solution...though, they are actually more expensive than most HT sets.

jrunri

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrunri
nihar15 wrote:This is a very highly rated system. http://reviews.cnet.com/surround-speaker-systems/energy-take-classic-5/4505-7868_7-33310963.html

That is not the same product. The one in that review has a subwoofer.

smigit2002

quality posts: 12 Private Messages smigit2002
jrunri wrote:That is not the same product. The one in that review has a subwoofer.

Yes, but it's the same speakers, sans sub.

I have these, and they're pretty nice. Paired them with a Dayton SUB-1200
And apparently I paid $175 for them from Woot back in September. Oh how the prices drop

timbitandmuffin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timbitandmuffin
smigit2002 wrote:Yes, but it's the same speakers, sans sub.

I have these, and they're pretty nice. Paired them with a Dayton SUB-1200
And apparently I paid $175 for them from Woot back in September. Oh how the prices drop

Damn you woot...I too paid more the last time. Really good price for decent speakers but you have to get a sub - I use cheap Polk 10 inches...works well.

terriferrell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages terriferrell
rhycochet wrote:iirc, energy take is a subsidiary development of klipsch. that speaks VOLUMES (bad pun i know) about their dependability in audio quality. i considered these at one point, but i've got too many TVs and soundbars w/ wireless subs were just the more practical solution...though, they are actually more expensive than most HT sets.

Just wondering if you could tell me what "wireless surround / speaker system" you went with? Our son is trying to buy a wireless surround sound system for us for Christmas. Hoping to stay under $500.00 if possible & we don't know a lot about systems but trying to research it. Do you think that's doable? Thanks for any help you can give!

essay2u

quality posts: 7 Private Messages essay2u

I have these. the sound just gets better and better. I do have the sub though. but at this price there's enough left to get your own. The speakers are discreet but good looking. the sound is amazing. I don't understand people who spent 2 grand on a tv and refuse to spend a couple dollars on sound to go with it. enjoy!

wehrd1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wehrd1
tkoa wrote:Why would I buy this here when a "female chicken product that you have for breakfast" site has it for $25 less after shipping costs? Come on Woot, you can at least match them in price.

Hmm. first my email says they're $149.

Now the site itself states $119.

regardless, doesn't have a subwoofer

ocarp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocarp

I have a question. I have two nice old AR speakers, with a nice new Onkyo receiver. I was thinking of going into the surround-sound thing, but does it make sense for me to get something like this? Would I still be able to use my ARs with these, or would they be made redundant?

rkmccaskill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkmccaskill
ocarp wrote:I have a question. I have two nice old AR speakers, with a nice new Onkyo receiver. I was thinking of going into the surround-sound thing, but does it make sense for me to get something like this? Would I still be able to use my ARs with these, or would they be made redundant?

You could pair them up to good effect. Redundancy depends on your receiver. You will have a total of 7 speakers. 2 ARs plus 1 center plus 4 surrounds. If your onkyo can do 7.1 then you are good to go once you get a subwoofer (.1). Some might quibble over the voicing of the speakers but it doesn't sound like you are in that category of listener. I say buy them. These are good quality speakers and you can get whatever sub you want which is the real jewel of any surround sound set up.

ocarp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocarp

Thanks for your answer. That helps.

rkmccaskill wrote:You could pair them up to good effect. Redundancy depends on your receiver. You will have a total of 7 speakers. 2 ARs plus 1 center plus 4 surrounds. If your onkyo can do 7.1 then you are good to go once you get a subwoofer (.1). Some might quibble over the voicing of the speakers but it doesn't sound like you are in that category of listener. I say buy them. These are good quality speakers and you can get whatever sub you want which is the real jewel of any surround sound set up.

shunb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shunb

This set is 184.99 on the mothership

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Take-Classic-Pack-Theater/dp/B0021L9BME/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354885467&sr=8-2&keywords=energy+take+classic+5-piece+home+theater+system

Don't be confused with the set that includes the subwoofer.

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Classic-Theater-System-Black/dp/tech-data/B001202C44/ref=de_a_smtd

But if you buy a decent subwoofer to go with this deal, it will definitely be better than the 5.1 set that includes the subwoofer. (price wise)

Wouldn't it be nice if woot added a subwoofer in the near feature... hmmmm????

mstortz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstortz

Yep, these are good speakers, although I'm a little miffed that I got them from y'all via the female warrior site for $150. Ah, well.

Upgraded my Onkyo ST-summin-summin HTIB speakers for these and they are much better. I actually hear cymbals, now! I do not regret my purchase (other than the timing, grr).

ThunderThighs

Staff

mstortz wrote:Yep, these are good speakers, although I'm a little miffed that I got them from y'all via the female warrior site for $150. Ah, well.

Upgraded my Onkyo ST-summin-summin HTIB speakers for these and they are much better. I actually hear cymbals, now! I do not regret my purchase (other than the timing, grr).

It's a circus in the retail world this time of year with all the holiday sales. Prices are changing all the time.

jazzjms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazzjms

I purchased this system a couple of years ago and am very happy with it. The speakers have a much higher quality and better sound than the price would suggest. Energy has a sub that is suggested for this system available for $200+ however I matted the speakers to a Polk Audio PSW111 for the same price and found the combination to be very satisfying. The Energy speakers do require a break in period and will sounder better and better with use. These speakers are best used in a smaller room. Highly recommended.

gregslaten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregslaten

Would there be anything else I would have to purchase to make this work with my 2011 Black Friday tv? I bought my 42" Sharp LCD/HDTV last year and it needs a good sound system. This one looks good, but I don't know if I need something else to attach it to my tv. A friend of mine says I will need a receiver, but I'm not sure.

tryzub

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tryzub
gregslaten wrote:... This one looks good, but I don't know if I need something else to attach it to my tv. A friend of mine says I will need a receiver, but I'm not sure.

You need a receiver to drive these. You will also need speaker wire. Get the RCA 16 gauge 100 ft spool at Amazon. It's best price was $10.48. It might still be that today. It's what I used to wire up two rooms and my back deck.

Edit: Just checked. It's a penny less and market reseller has it for $10.39 with Prime shipping.

To give you an idea of just how good these prices are, HD, Lowes and Sears all sell this same spool for $23.99-$29.99.

gregslaten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregslaten
tryzub wrote:You need a receiver to drive these. You will also need speaker wire. Get the RCA 16 gauge 100 ft spool at Amazon. It's best price was $10.48. It might still be that today. It's what I used to wire up two rooms and my back deck.

Edit: Just checked. It's a penny less and market reseller has it for $10.39 with Prime shipping.

To give you an idea of just how good these prices are, HD, Lowes and Sears all sell this same spool for $23.99-$29.99.

So, what kind of a receiver would work well? Do I need an expensive receiver or will any old receiver work? Just asking because I'm a complete novice at this.

Dragyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dragyn

I'm attempting to update my movie room in time for Super Bowl weekend. I just picked up the Pioneer receiver a couple weeks ago, looks like these will go nicely with that, but man I am tapped out of funds... Grrrrrr! It's not often you see so many positive comments about a product on here, I might have to bite the bullet and replace my Yamaha HTIABox I've had for 5+years. Now Woot, you want me to make a decision between eating and watching movies, an 11" sub and 3d projector would be nice...

kidsandliz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kidsandliz

It is $199 on that site, $119 here...

TheYoz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheYoz

Come on Woot! don't tax NY and I will buy 3

pullapint

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pullapint
gregslaten wrote:So, what kind of a receiver would work well? Do I need an expensive receiver or will any old receiver work? Just asking because I'm a complete novice at this.

I have a $300 Panasonic home theater receiver hooked up to these and they sound great. Check out Slick Deals or Ben's Bargains for receivers and then check the reviews around the web.

ThunderThighs

Staff

TheYoz wrote:Come on Woot! don't tax NY and I will buy 3

You need to take that up with your state representatives.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kidsandliz wrote:It is $199 on that site, $119 here...

Dirty, rotten sneaks raised their price just a couple hours later. Our loss. Your win.

Go buy 3 to dull our pain.

Prey

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Prey

Couple notes... these speakers are SMALL, do not expect a bookshelf design, these are small enough to be overlooked in a room, the sound is BIG, however, you Must buy a subwoofer or have one handy, without, you will not get stomach churning bass from these at any volume, lastly, you will not be disappointed in the quality of sound, with a good sub (like the one which comes with this package normally, not included in this deal) you will be amazed by clean, powerful notes these produce.

Get a few pairs of speaker stands, ones with telescoping pipe that you place the wires inside leading up to the speaker... these are light enough where this will not cost much and the results of having them at ear level will ensure you get your moneys worth.

fucanglong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fucanglong

These are great speakers. I bought the same ones about two weeks ago on Newegg for $129.99.

Paired them with this sub: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882269041 which I got for $199.99.

Finally got my receiver (Entry-level Yamaha) two days ago and got everything set up, and they sound great for the price.

TheYoz

Prey wrote:Couple notes... these speakers are SMALL, do not expect a bookshelf design, these are small enough to be overlooked in a room, the sound is BIG, however, you Must buy a subwoofer or have one handy, without, you will not get stomach churning bass from these at any volume, lastly, you will not be disappointed in the quality of sound, with a good sub (like the one which comes with this package normally, not included in this deal) you will be amazed by clean, powerful notes these produce.

Get a few pairs of speaker stands, ones with telescoping pipe that you place the wires inside leading up to the speaker... these are light enough where this will not cost much and the results of having them at ear level will ensure you get your moneys worth.

Are you sure you aren't thinking about the micros?

dsobetski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsobetski

These speakers are a great buy for the price. I got a set and the matching Energy 8” subwoofer a couple of years ago. Many of these satellite systems are made just for TV surround sound and don’t sound good when used with music. That’s not the case with these. These Energy speakers sound great with music. I’ve replaced my old large Paradigm speakers with these and couldn’t be happier, and my wife is happier with the size. For the person that was trying to match these speakers to existing ones, that may be difficult as speaker brands have their own tonal personality and don’t typically match other brands. I was surprised that these do match my Paradigm speakers.
I’m very particular, and I was skeptic when I bought speakers without listening to them, but I found that all the reviews are true. These are great speakers, so don’t hesitate to buy them. Just don’t forget to get a subwoofer.

TallDave

TheYoz

ThunderThighs wrote:You need to take that up with your state representatives.

It's ok... Thanks Woot! for actually caring and creating a coupon TAXSUCKS to save some of the crappy NY taxes. Or Free Shipping, either one

Now for a nice receiver and sub... come on woot

aftab7000

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aftab7000

Need expert opinion
Can someone compare this with "Onkyo SKS-HT540 7.1 Channel Home Theater Speaker System"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GU78Z4/

Besides the sub woofer and 7pc what do you think ?

spdanon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spdanon
ptr wrote:Damn your eyes, Woot! I just bought these two weeks ago for $150 from the mothership. Installed last weekend.

But, to anyone thinking about it...yes, buy these. Excellent low cost speakers. Match them with a reasonable subwoofer, and it will fill a room.
I paired it with the Polk Audio PSW10.

grrr...it is almost, but not quite, worth the hassle to buy these, and send the other ones back to Amazon.
Almost, but not quite $25 worth.

I have these paired with the PSW10 as well and have enjoyed them immensely. Great price on a great set of speakers.