0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

SilentLegend

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SilentLegend

How easy are the filters to find, and do Brita filters work in this?

edventure

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edventure
SilentLegend wrote:How easy are the filters to find, and do Brita filters work in this?

Each filter is supposed to last for 48 Gallons or 3 months.

A 6 pack of filters are $19 on Amazon.

ckoz1187

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ckoz1187
SilentLegend wrote:How easy are the filters to find, and do Brita filters work in this?

The filters are easy enough to find on Amazon, not the cheapest things though. It absolutely does not take a Brita filter. This filter strictly will make the water taste better, not actually purify it in any way. That being said I own one and use it all day everyday. Great for filling up at work, and also is spill-proof.

amachael

quality posts: 3 Private Messages amachael

I have two of these and I'm not a fan. Water collects in the spout and gets hot so when you go back to get another drink you get warm, old fluid. Even though I'm the only one drinking out of it, it still feels like I'm drinking back wash.

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

Can these be frozen?

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

workinpoor

quality posts: 15 Private Messages workinpoor

Can't believe this! Spent $15 at candy cane's Sporting goods about three hours ago on this exact same item!!!

BTW, they DO sell replacement filters there; I want to say they were $10, probably for only one.

In short, this is a good deal, since the whole shebang costs less than the filter does (retail). Buy three for the filters alone!

SunflowerPrincess

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SunflowerPrincess

Bought 3 of these last woot! off. My 9 year old son loves it! We have always had a hard time getting him to drink water. Now he keeps it filled, and drinks at least one bottle a day. He likes having a water bottle like Mom and Dad.

He goes with me to the gym on the weekends, plays in the kid area and likes to bring his water bottle.

Oops, my Tiara slipped!

SunflowerPrincess

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SunflowerPrincess
amachael wrote:I have two of these and I'm not a fan. Water collects in the spout and gets hot so when you go back to get another drink you get warm, old fluid. Even though I'm the only one drinking out of it, it still feels like I'm drinking back wash.

I hear you, I like my camelbak bottle very much, but the left over water in the valve can be off-putting. I have gotten into the habit of giving the valve a little squeeze before I push it down. The excess water goes back down and problem solved.

Oops, my Tiara slipped!

ryzellon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryzellon

I'm stuck using a CPAP, so having this on the nightstand means that I can take sips of water without messing with the CPAP mask.

I also find the design useful for drinking (water) while driving, since I don't have to move the bottle up into my field of vision.

With decent-tasting tap water, sometimes I skip using the filter altogether.

SHWOO

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SHWOO
amachael wrote:I have two of these and I'm not a fan. Water collects in the spout and gets hot so when you go back to get another drink you get warm, old fluid. Even though I'm the only one drinking out of it, it still feels like I'm drinking back wash.

Empty the mouthpiece.

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy

My husband uses a CPAP and also keeps one of these at the bedside for midnight drinks. I have a camelback but actually prefer the similar style they sell at Costco 3 for $18 as they do not have the "warm backwash" problem.

Zandermoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zandermoo

I bought three during the last offering. They're very useful - clean easily, fill easily, and the bite/suck mechanism is intuitive. One thing: I quickly realized that the tip of the straw works exactly the same way as a part of my anatomy that is not really mentionable on this forum, a part that I've seen every day of my life. Ummmm, sorry... you cannot un-know this.

kenbonilla

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kenbonilla

After using the Brita bottle for a while I bought these on a whim from woot. I seriously regret my decision ... To not buy 3 of them. This is one of those few rare deals from woot that is really a great bargain. I find these way easier to drink out of than the britas. Put me down for three! I normally see these sell retail from $20-35

jdec

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jdec

I bought 4 of these from a woot offering a while back, thinking it would be a great way to get the whole family to drink more water, and none of us liked them. The bite and suck spout made it feel like we were drinking from a baby bottle or something. It was a lot of work to get a little water. The two unopened bottles are currently in the goodwill pile, the two we used are in the trash.

marlclapp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marlclapp

Can I use this without the filter part inserted. I use filtered water. Will it work properly?

mnbigguy

quality posts: 13 Private Messages mnbigguy

Bought a couple of these from Woot a few months ago. Love the filter in them, water tastes great.

jonathanluu2

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jonathanluu2
marlclapp wrote:Can I use this without the filter part inserted. I use filtered water. Will it work properly?

Yes, Filter fits into the straw, so you could use it without.

I have a Brita filter at home that stays in the fridge, and fills all my water bottles. Getting another device with a filter seems inefficient to me. Too many filters to switch out. I'll stick with the non-filtered, double-walled version. My POV, otherwise, a great product, just not "the one" for me.

I will also chime in with the chorus that simply biting down on the valve after sipping allows the water in the straw to slink back into the container and stay cooler, longer.

marlclapp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marlclapp
jonathanluu2 wrote:Yes, Filter fits into the straw, so you could use it without.

I have a Brita filter at home that stays in the fridge, and fills all my water bottles. Getting another device with a filter seems inefficient to me. Too many filters to switch out. I'll stick with the non-filtered, double-walled version. My POV, otherwise, a great product, just not "the one" for me.

I will also chime in with the chorus that simply biting down on the valve after sipping allows the water in the straw to slink back into the container and stay cooler, longer.

Thanks Jonathan!

michoutdoors

quality posts: 6 Private Messages michoutdoors

Yep...it works without the filter. However, these things are almost impossible to get totally clean...kind of nasty when we are talking about spittle....lots and lots of spittle. The replacement filters are a ripoff, too. The good news for new suckers, I paid more when I got mine from Woot many moons ago.

marlclapp wrote:Can I use this without the filter part inserted. I use filtered water. Will it work properly?

mwhelan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwhelan

Anyone know how these things are in terms of keeping things cold? I currently use Tervis tumblers w/ a lid at my desk but would like something a little more spill-proof. I HIGHLY value the Tervis insulating properties.

xiaobin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xiaobin
ryzellon wrote:
I also find the design useful for drinking (water) while driving, since I don't have to move the bottle up into my field of vision.

Totally agree! This design is much more user-friendly for drinking while driving.

srdechant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srdechant

I have a 17 month old who never took a bottle and has never done very well with sippy cups. He still doesn't really get the whole tipping back idea. Other than regular cup with a straw, the Camelbak is the only bottle he's been able to use on his own since about 6 months old. For some reason the straw/mouthpiece is intuitive for him to use. Just thought I'd throw that out there for any other nursing moms struggling to find a sippy/bottle their baby will take. I have a few friends who have also found that, other than the enormous size, this is an ideal water bottle for their toddler/s.

srdechant

mwhelan wrote:Anyone know how these things are in terms of keeping things cold? I currently use Tervis tumblers w/ a lid at my desk but would like something a little more spill-proof. I HIGHLY value the Tervis insulating properties.

I don't think they're insulated at all, but keep the water at a cooler temp than, say, my non-insulated aluminum bottles. I usually put ice in mine, and that does make it sweat. I prob wouldn't recommend this bottle for desk use. Great for the car or outdoor use.

srdechant

michoutdoors wrote:However, these things are almost impossible to get totally clean...

Are you referring to cleaning the filter or the bottle itself? I've never had problems. The soft part of the mouthpiece comes off (at least on the one I own) so you can clean inside it with a small bottle brush or q-tip.

chuckf1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chuckf1
Zandermoo wrote:I bought three during the last offering. They're very useful - clean easily, fill easily, and the bite/suck mechanism is intuitive. One thing: I quickly realized that the tip of the straw works exactly the same way as a part of my anatomy that is not really mentionable on this forum, a part that I've seen every day of my life. Ummmm, sorry... you cannot un-know this.

Could you elaborate on the correlation between the bite/suck mechanism of the straw and your body part for those Wooters who are on the fence about buying and want to get off?

scott479

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scott479

Do they fit into a bike bottle cage?

Thank you WOOTERS!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

scott479 wrote:Do they fit into a bike bottle cage?

Thank you WOOTERS!

Measured mine. Diameter across the bottom (widest point) is 3".

Oh, full dimensions in specs: 3” x 3.5” x 8.75”

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dpg350

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpg350

Have had one of these for a while now. Love it. You can get the replacement filters really cheap on amazon. I think it's something like 6 for $15-$20 shipped if you have amazon prime.

rmallela4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmallela4
workinpoor wrote:Can't believe this! Spent $15 at candy cane's Sporting goods about three hours ago on this exact same item!!!

BTW, they DO sell replacement filters there; I want to say they were $10, probably for only one.

In short, this is a good deal, since the whole shebang costs less than the filter does (retail). Buy three for the filters alone!

Don't worry !!! with the shipping added, it is $12.99 at woot.

SkiNewHam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SkiNewHam

Sooooo.....are you saying that you have to "shake" the mouthpiece after using it so that you don't get the "warm first flush" issue mentioned earlier???

Zandermoo wrote:I bought three during the last offering. They're very useful - clean easily, fill easily, and the bite/suck mechanism is intuitive. One thing: I quickly realized that the tip of the straw works exactly the same way as a part of my anatomy that is not really mentionable on this forum, a part that I've seen every day of my life. Ummmm, sorry... you cannot un-know this.

prissyrabbit

quality posts: 4 Private Messages prissyrabbit

Wondering if anyone has the camelback "jacket" that you can slip the bottle into so it doesn't sweat? I was wondering if this would fit into it also? I can not stand using a water bottle that sweats! And it is hard to find anything that doesn't here in Texas! Especially down here in south Texas. It is so humid!

For the person that uses the Tervis tumbler... I have several of those as well. But even those sweat where I live! I still like them, but can't use them at work or I'll have a puddle on my counter.