WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How do you communicate with your parents?
  • 6% - I’m estranged from my parents. Thanks a lot, Sellout.Woot. 71
  • 18% - My parents are dead. Thanks a lot, Sellout.Woot. 212
  • 10.2% - My parents are incapable of communication. Thanks a lot, Sellout.Woot. 120
  • 65.7% - That reminds me: I should call my parents. Thanks a lot, Sellout.Woot. 773
1176 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

mamawoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mamawoot

I'm currently in my mom's living room, so I speak across the room. (no, I don't live with her)

bacalum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bacalum

Why do all the choices assume your parents have the same status? What if only one parent is in communicado?
I know what you're thinking now - where the heck is Communicado?

When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
bacalum wrote:Why do all the choices assume your parents have the same status? What if only one parent is in communicado?

A surf break in Mexico somewhere?

Seriously though... What about those of us that communicate all the time, and shouldn't call them now, because they're probably asleep.

Zombiehime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zombiehime

I talk to my mom pretty frequently, we're finally on relatively decent terms.

My dad is incapable of reasonable communication. No one outside his circle of family and friends understands his speech. He is prone to conspiracy theories and drunken ranting and raving. Sometimes he just starts yelling incoherently. Usually I find these things hilarious and can tolerate them, but last time we talked, he said some seriously hurtful and screwed-up stuff to me, so we don't talk anymore.

仕事のあとに、目が覚める

Thpbltblt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thpbltblt
bacalum wrote:Why do all the choices assume your parents have the same status? What if only one parent is in communicado?

+1

jackw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackw

I communicate with my Mother on a daily basis, usually via email.

I live the way I type, FAST, with a lot of mistakes.

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

They post passive aggressive things to my Facebook wall and I log in monthly to check them.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Dead.