1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape

But my kitchen's red! Red!

Well that nips that impulse buy in the bud.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thewronggrape wrote:But my kitchen's red! Red!

DOH!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AuraDave

quality posts: 7 Private Messages AuraDave

Woot, Cuisinart's web page for this model indicate:
Limited 10-year motor warranty
Limited 3-year warranty

In the woot! product description it says Warranty: Limited Lifetime Cuisinart

Can you verify which warranty is correct?

fire2heart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fire2heart

I bought one at Costco for 109.99 the weekend of black Friday. Same configuration but in platinum color.

It works fantastic! I use it all the time and it makes my prep SO much easier!

Not sure about the price on here being a deal but.... YMMY.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AuraDave wrote:Woot, Cuisinart's web page for this model indicate:
Limited 10-year motor warranty
Limited 3-year warranty

In the woot! product description it says Warranty: Limited Lifetime Cuisinart

Can you verify which warranty is correct?

Looking around, it looks like you're right and that the warranty should be the 10 / 3.

I'm emailing in so we can get it verified but it will be business hours tomorrow to make the phone calls.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

The blue one will be perfect for whipping up a nice big batch of Mana Potion.

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

Does it have speed settings? From what I can see it's just on off. Perhaps it doesn't NEED settings, it just processes...

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

hellspark4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hellspark4

Yesterday there was an 11 cup white Cuisinart Food Processor for $90 so you might be able to do better price wise. The purple's awful pretty though.

ThunderThighs

Staff

doomtothee wrote:Does it have speed settings? From what I can see it's just on off. Perhaps it doesn't NEED settings, it just processes...

Here's the manual. It's for the silver one but it should be about the same, I figure.

FORUM MODERATOR

Stupoopy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Stupoopy
doomtothee wrote:Does it have speed settings? From what I can see it's just on off. Perhaps it doesn't NEED settings, it just processes...

Food processors generally don't have speed settings. In fact, my ideal food processor would have two paddles and be analog. "On" and "Pulse". I don't like the buttons.

However, I have a KitchenAid one with the buttons (same as this), and it works just fine. Don't know about the CuisinArt, but I've heard great things.

This is also almost certainly made in China, as is pretty much any food processor under $500.

The size, 9-cup, should be adequate for just about everything.

If only I hadn't purchased a food processor just recently (Keep in mind that WITH a hefty discount, I got a comparable model for about 100. This IS a good deal, IMO, even when you consider the "109" price. That was from Black Friday, good luck finding that price again)

xstevejx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages xstevejx

It has the standard ON, PULSE (on while pressing) and OFF buttons for food processors. You may be thinking of blenders having multiple speed settings (though even some of those are ON or OFF).

beachhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beachhead

This may not be the best price in the world, but from my very recent research, the Cuisinart's are just about the best mainstream brand right now.

The wife broke her 20+ year old machine at thanksgiving, so I decided to replace it for a Christmas present. I ended up getting a very good deal on a 12 cup "elite" model from another vendor, but still more than this item.

Had I just trusted Woot, I would have saved some money, the wife would have been just as happy, if not happier, as she loves purple. But hey it was a Christmas present, I just couldn't gamble on that one!

That'll teach me won't it?

Anyway, from a recent shopper (chopper?), I'd be all over this if I hadn't just bought one.

corydave

quality posts: 1 Private Messages corydave

I've had this same model (in chrome) for about two years now. I use it heavily (as in making peanut butter about once a week). I've been convinced that the load would break the machine, but it works as good today as it did the day I got it. I highly recommend. I bought it for $120 on sale, and it was worth every penny.

It's either on or off (not variable speed), but there is a "pulse" option.

To put things in perspective, I also have a VitaMix (~$500), and I use the Cusinart more often.

One downside - the notches on the container that secure the lid are hard to clean if you get peanut butter (or similar consistency food) in them. But I've managed to be a little proactive, and I'm fine.

Would highly recommend, even at this price.

archiwiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages archiwiz
thewronggrape wrote:But my kitchen's red! Red!

Same here!!!!!! And I was already considering money changes...

RED, Woot! I need this in RED!!!

jnam22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jnam22

At SAM's they have the same model for 99.89 but unsure of the pretty colors.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/cu-food-processor/prod7170035.ip#desc

"Model: DLC-2009 Item #: 665684" 9 cup.

Keep in mind a 10% surcharge for non members(so its $110) and I believe its for in store pick up only... and then there is tax... so on second thought, for the people who don't regularly shop at SAM's this is the better deal. If you are a member and go to SAM's or its on your way somewhere, the SAM's Club may inch out this deal.

In terms of color, no brushed steel or chrome? Have to match the other appliances!

ctviggen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ctviggen
fire2heart wrote:I bought one at Costco for 109.99 the weekend of black Friday. Same configuration but in platinum color.

It works fantastic! I use it all the time and it makes my prep SO much easier!

Not sure about the price on here being a deal but.... YMMY.

The one from Costco was $110, but was an 11 cup processor and included a blade and disc holder. I know because it's sitting in my office waiting for me to wrap it.

notsomuch

quality posts: 6 Private Messages notsomuch
beachhead wrote:This may not be the best price in the world, but from my very recent research, the Cuisinart's are just about the best mainstream brand right now.

The wife broke her 20+ year old machine at thanksgiving, so I decided to replace it for a Christmas present. I ended up getting a very good deal on a 12 cup "elite" model from another vendor, but still more than this item.

Had I just trusted Woot, I would have saved some money, the wife would have been just as happy, if not happier, as she loves purple. But hey it was a Christmas present, I just couldn't gamble on that one!

That'll teach me won't it?

Anyway, from a recent shopper (chopper?), I'd be all over this if I hadn't just bought one.

I remember when my husband got me a crock pot for Christmas. It was 10 years before I took it out of the box.

Why? Because a kitchen appliance is something you bring home on a random Tuesday. For the kitchen. With the explanation that the old one broke so you're replacing it. Because that is the practical thing to do.

Nothing says "get back in the kitchen" like a new cooking tool.

After I got that crock pot for Christmas, I went shopping and got my own Christmas present. And I liked it. And I still have it. And I still wear it. And I still remind him that appliances aren't Christmas presents.

Once you go Mac, you never go back.

beachhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beachhead
notsomuch wrote:I remember when my husband got me a crock pot for Christmas. It was 10 years before I took it out of the box.

Why? Because a kitchen appliance is something you bring home on a random Tuesday. For the kitchen. With the explanation that the old one broke so you're replacing it. Because that is the practical thing to do.

After I got that crock pot for Christmas, I went shopping and got my own Christmas present. And I liked it. And I still have it. And I still wear it. And I still remind him that appliances aren't Christmas presents.

I completely understand, and appreciate your thinking! However, I'm sure you've heard the old saying: "different strokes for different folks". My wonderful wife ASKED for a replacement as a Christmas gift, as I was just going to go buy a replacement.

We've been together a long time, and I have to say I'm very very blessed to have such a practical, loving wife. She gets whatever she wants, when she wants it, and she knows it. So believe me, she's not at all offended by getting a new "toy" for the kitchen...

JohnnyG29

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JohnnyG29

Look around folks. There are some good deals on food processors out there right now. This is a good deal but I wouldn't say a killer deal by no means. Macy's has the 11 cup on sale for about the same price (but it's an older and uglier model)

I'll think about this deal today and maybe jump on it later....

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ThunderThighs wrote:Looking around, it looks like you're right and that the warranty should be the 10 / 3.

I'm emailing in so we can get it verified but it will be business hours tomorrow to make the phone calls.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

And this has now been verified! The warranty should be the 10 / 3.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Riffington

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Riffington
notsomuch wrote:I remember when my husband got me a crock pot for Christmas. It was 10 years before I took it out of the box.

I know that a lot of people (more often women than men) agree with you. But I just want you to see the other side: I love getting kitchen toys as presents. I like cooking, and anything that helps me cook is fun and exciting. A new powerdrill is likewise a great present. So you can remind him that appliances aren't good presents for *you* if he gets you another, but bear in mind they are excellent presents for many of the other people on his list, and you should help him pick out some good ones for them.

ctviggen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ctviggen
Riffington wrote:I know that a lot of people (more often women than men) agree with you. But I just want you to see the other side: I love getting kitchen toys as presents. I like cooking, and anything that helps me cook is fun and exciting. A new powerdrill is likewise a great present. So you can remind him that appliances aren't good presents for *you* if he gets you another, but bear in mind they are excellent presents for many of the other people on his list, and you should help him pick out some good ones for them.

I'm giving it to the family. And I (as the husband) cook many of the holiday meals (cooked all the food for Thanksgiving; will cook all of the food for Christmas and New Years). I'm the one who brines and cooks the turkey, cooks the gravy, makes the sweet potato casserole, makes the homemade rolls, etc. For New Years, I'm making a fresh ham (will brine for four days), a greens casserole, sausage in a blanket for appetizer, homemade popovers, and chocolate mousse, among other things.

It's my present more than hers, even though I'm giving it to the family.

uncleop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uncleop

Mine came in super fast - perhaps the fastest-ever "regular" shipping speed woot!

Works great. Made latkes with it. Awesome.