quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: I am:
  • 10.8% - Left-handed 153
  • 66.1% - Right-handed 938
  • 10.8% - Ambidextrous 154
  • 12.3% - Listing “Left-handed” first? I sense a southpaw on the staff… 175
1420 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad

If writing attrociously bad with either hand counts as ambidextrous, then count me in. I do some things right handed, other things left handed, most things with either hand.
I was initially left handed but they swtiched me over to right handed.

bblhed

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bblhed

I am right handed but in my world for some reason I am a minority. I have a left brother, I have a left handed Ex that I had a left handed kid with, and my present wife is a lefty as well. Growing up I had a friend that had left handed parents who were amazed that I knew they were left handed when i went to get a drink and the glasses were on the left side of the sink. I have had several left handed bosses over the years and at one point I worked with three left handed guys named named Mike, when we hired a right handed guy named Mike we actually identified him as "Right handed Mike". I dated a girl for years that lived with her left handed friend that actually had her washer and dryer installed with the drier on the left of the washer to make it easier on her. Finally my life is starting to turn and my left handed wife has produced for me a right handed child.

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

Appears that they wanted the poll to look like the middle finger being extended. Possibly some anger to be had in the Woot ranks?

FeeJswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FeeJswoot
wisenekt wrote:Appears that they wanted the poll to look like the middle finger being extended. Possibly some anger to be had in the Woot ranks?

I observed the same thing!

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

None of the above. I do skill things left handed. Strength things right handed, and can hardly do anything but drink with both hands. I call it bi-dextrous.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

roadlizard7 wrote:None of the above. I do skill things left handed. Strength things right handed, and can hardly do anything but drink with both hands. I call it bi-dextrous.

i like that. i'm stealing it.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

crystalrose629

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crystalrose629

Really ticks my husband off when I move the mouse to the left side because I need to take notes with my right. I can with my left but it is uncomfortable. Everything else is just a matter of what is more convenient at that time.

khentyimentiu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khentyimentiu

First New Years resolution for the coming year's list -- become ambidextrous.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

I am right handed, but my dad tried to make me ambidextrous to help me in sports. I batted both ways in baseball with accuracy, and could dribble and shoot with either hand in basketball. I used to surprise people in racketball and handball, hitting the ball lefty off the wall.

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

For writing, and most detail work - lefty. For scissors, and strength (strange eh?) righty.

I am confusing-dexterous!

a04971xx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages a04971xx

"Left hand, Right hand, It doesn't matter. I'm amphibious."