WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

You've Got Ten Dollar Taste!

You want stuff. That's fine. You've been conditioned to feel a certain sense of satisfaction by spending money on things. But money doesn't grow on trees, so you've got to scratch that itch without breaking the bank. Enter this stuff.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I'm sure some of you went through the products and went, "I have that.. and that... oh and that too." just like I did.

So tell us about that!

I'm just hanging out, really.

omnichad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omnichad

Cheddar Bacon Pop

Perfect for vegeterians and vegans

Or, in other words - contains neither bacon nor cheddar.

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe
inkycatz wrote:I'm sure some of you went through the products and went, "I have that.. and that... oh and that too." just like I did.

I have the square fry pan and the 4th burner pot, both of which happen to be sitting on the stove dirty from using them to cook yesterday before work. They are perfect for small kitchens and single people. I don't have to worry that food is stuck on from yesterday, because they both clean up well. I also have the Houdini wine set. I adore the corkscrew, it makes opening bottles a breeze, and the wine saver bottle cap thing is always in use. If I had more room in my kitchen drawers, I'd get another set just to have another one of those. I've seen similar sets selling for a lot more. All three of the items I have have been well worth the small investment.

cuabori

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cuabori

What is this, like, for birds or something? I would think the bird(s) would have a great time chewing, or pecking, or whatever it is they do, to escape... Who ever designed this really didn't put much thought into the design and type of material. It must have been designed by a man...

michael1211

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michael1211

Agreed

cuabori wrote:What is this, like, for birds or something? I would think the bird(s) would have a great time chewing, or pecking, or whatever it is they do, to escape... Who ever designed this really didn't put much thought into the design and type of material. It must have been designed by a man...

alanhwoot

quality posts: 40 Private Messages alanhwoot
inkycatz wrote:I'm sure some of you went through the products and went, "I have that.. and that... oh and that too." just like I did.

So tell us about that!

Yep. I have the 4th burner pot and the can opener/jar opener, which both work great. So does the Houdini wine opener, but that's gone.

Some people have complained about the can opener failing, but mine's been fine.

The bacon-pop, eh (but it's gone anyway). Both it and the Bacon Salt are artificially flavored. The bacon salt is just okay as well.

denilshin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages denilshin

Ummm.... I thought we weren't going to talk about bacon anymore... Not that I'm complaining...

alexiecruz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexiecruz

good lord.. I got it, it stunk up my kitchen, smelled like dog food, had 1 bite, tasted like dog food. The rest are now joke gifts for Christmas.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

alexiecruz wrote:good lord.. I got it, it stunk up my kitchen, smelled like dog food, had 1 bite, tasted like dog food. The rest are now joke gifts for Christmas.

I'm guessing the popcorn?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rustybender

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rustybender
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm guessing the popcorn?

Got to be. I like bacon salt, but that popcorn is pretty awful.

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

I have the can opener set. It works great. It unseals the can, leaving a smooth edge on the lid, and the lid can be placed back on to cover the can.

GREAT STOCKING STUFFER!!

maccally

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maccally

I've got the Artistry frying pan, and I think it's fantastic. It's the perfect size for grilled cheese!

vlegran

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vlegran

The willow cloche is perfect for putting a flameless candle in. It casts really nice shadows on the walls and looks especially nice on a table outside, for entertaining.

skou

quality posts: 21 Private Messages skou

RE, bacon salt.

The fifth ingredient is "corn SYRUP." Not, suryp.

steve

TheBopster

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TheBopster
skou wrote:RE, bacon salt. The fifth ingredient is "corn SYRUP."Not, suryp. steve

Here's the full list of ingredients:
Sea salt, dehydrated garlic, paprika, dehydrated onion, corn syrup, bleached enriched flour, monosodium glutamate (MSG), spice, corn cereal, maltodextrin, wheat fiber, shortening (includes partially hydrogenated cottonseed and palm oils . . . TRANS FAT), natural hickory smoke flavor, silicon dioxide, natural and artificial flavors (contains milk), hydrolized vegetable protein, autolyzed yeast extract, modified food starch, caramel color, smoke flavor, Yellow 6, Red 40, disodium-guanylate, disodium inosinate, Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol). Contains wheat soy and milk ingredients.

ThunderThighs

Staff

skou wrote:RE, bacon salt.

The fifth ingredient is "corn SYRUP." Not, suryp.

steve

Are you sure? Suryp maybe from the special corn suryp plant.

Reported.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jelliebaby

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jelliebaby
ThunderThighs wrote:Are you sure? Suryp maybe from the special corn suryp plant.

Reported.

Is that to avoid FDA inspectors (for salmonella, etc)? Just wonderin' ;)

jelliebaby

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jelliebaby

Just an FYI. When my family made popcorn (way before microwaves were available but slightly after invention of gas stoves) we always made it with bacon fat as the "oil." Because no popcorn I've had since can begin to compare, the idea of buying nuke-able bacon popcorn just doesn't appeal. (I've tried the bacon salt...not my cuppa.)

kz585

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kz585

I've been waiting for that galt burlap stool to come back. Would be perfect for my photo studio.

Or any kind of stool really...make it happen Woot!

timscholefield

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timscholefield

The SmartStones are pretty to look at but not to step on. Anybody over 100lbs looking to use these are useful pathway stones to step on will be disappointed to see them crack in half....

Had to contact Smart Stone directly for a replacement, which they happily provided, but found I will no longer be stepping on them.

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe
jelliebaby wrote:Just an FYI. When my family made popcorn (way before microwaves were available but slightly after invention of gas stoves) we always made it with bacon fat as the "oil." Because no popcorn I've had since can begin to compare, the idea of buying nuke-able bacon popcorn just doesn't appeal. (I've tried the bacon salt...not my cuppa.)

So the jar of bacon grease my parents kept in the fridge probably would have made you feel right at home. It also can't be beat for fried eggs and to grease up the cast iron skillet for corn bread.

ThunderThighs

Staff

ibexscribe wrote:So the jar of bacon grease my parents kept in the fridge probably would have made you feel right at home. It also can't be beat for fried eggs and to grease up the cast iron skillet for corn bread.

In the fridge? My mom kept it in a ceramic teapot on the stove top.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

kz585 wrote:I've been waiting for that galt burlap stool to come back. Would be perfect for my photo studio.

Or any kind of stool really...make it happen Woot!

Hope you noticed the A Place for your Butt sale on Woot.

FORUM MODERATOR

morrise6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morrise6

I can't get the can opener to work. Wonder if I am doing something wrong

The bacon-pop, eh (but it's gone anyway). Both it and the Bacon Salt are artificially flavored. The bacon salt is just okay as well.[/quote]