WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Under $25 and Feelin' Alive!

Woot.com?! Selling a bunch of weird stuff?! FOR NOT SO MUCH MONEY! Now I've heard EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

This looks like the "hard to shop for category". Who's left on your list to shop for? We can help find them a gift!

I'm just hanging out, really.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

Are the Mr. Root beer kit bottles the same as the Mr beer bottles?

If so, I could make root beer THEN have double the brewing capacity!

elwrayswrecker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elwrayswrecker

These Stanley knife/razor combos are pretty useful and nice to have in your pocket. And the price looks good compared to what I usually pay for them.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

HEALTH NOTE:
For those interested in the Preserved Boxwood items, they are NOT safe for cats. I checked with the company after buying one a few months ago. If you can put it behind glass though, as I have done, they are very nice additions to a home.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I bought the bird nest wall art a month or so ago. When it arrived it was missing one bird and another bird's beak. Service Woot said they had no more and took it off my bill but let me keep the art.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

synapt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages synapt

Usual price for the Root Beer kit is about $27 from the actual site and others (like ThinkGeek), so $12 seems pretty decent..

They sell refill kits as well off the mrbeer site for about $10 each.

gertiestn

quality posts: 56 Private Messages gertiestn

That decorative whatever holder holds four chandles, cancles, or candles, depending upon which part of the description you rely upon. Need a bit of sleep, somebody?

gertiestn

quality posts: 56 Private Messages gertiestn

One thing is clear, though: the cancles are not included!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gertiestn wrote:That decorative whatever holder holds four chandles, cancles, or candles, depending upon which part of the description you rely upon. Need a bit of sleep, somebody?

LOL. Apparently. I'll send that in for fixin'.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871
johnt007871 wrote:Are the Mr. Root beer kit bottles the same as the Mr beer bottles?

If so, I could make root beer THEN have double the brewing capacity!

Still curious about this...

mattkronk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mattkronk

I got the Mr Rootbeer kit for my Dad in a previous woot. It is INCREDIBLY good rootbeer when it is done.
The process is a bit messy.

If you do buy this I recommend using a large pitcher with a spout to pour from instead of a large bowl as the instructions suggest, otherwise it is a great kit and a whole lot of scientific fun to make.

baseproduct

quality posts: 5 Private Messages baseproduct
johnt007871 wrote:Still curious about this...

Yes. They're brown plastic screw-top bottles, there's nothing special about them. You could also save plastic soda bottles (though they're thinner and tend to be clear, so air exchange and light might spoil your beer), save used glass beer bottles and buy a capper, or buy reusable glass bottles with mason tops.

The Mr Rootbeer kit comes with 4 bottles, so you'll need two. But yes, they are otherwise identical to the Mr Beer kit bottles.