Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

sluhh2opolo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sluhh2opolo

mono....really?

stryper2000

quality posts: 44 Private Messages stryper2000

FYI, these may not work with a PS3 despite being a USB headset.

I tried to use them and it didn't work on mine I think it was trying to use more power , or something along those lines

The Craphound of Woot

Antagonist of Sellbuyer92 , I sniped his Basket Of Checkers

x39

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

So this is the last of 'em Woot? Hopefully this means these headsets won't be making any more Woot-Off appearances...

Woohoo!!!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

TheFlatline

quality posts: 9 Private Messages TheFlatline

Picked one up during a recent woot-off. POS never worked once, wasn't detected as a mic or a headset by my computer, and just kind of gave a crackly, 60 cycle hum.

Not worth the plastic it's made of.

brandorf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brandorf

The mono headsets are actually my preferred type, as a PC gamer I prefer to have only voice comms in the headset and use my speakers for game sound.

In for one, if only because my trusty logitech PS3 headset is expensive to replace.

roxannez

quality posts: 13 Private Messages roxannez

Ok when the Woot Gods tell me something is junk, I believe them...

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo

I still haven't tried mine.

BigC73

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BigC73

I have the Xbox 360 version and I really like the adjustable boom mike so it is not right over my mouth. Also it stretches to fit my giant head. Would definitely recommend for the price.

whitemg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whitemg

I picked three up. At this price I couldn't pass it up with the way my kids go through headset microphones.

dougmc2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dougmc2

How does this work? It's got USB and 2.5mm ... so what does what?

Does USB handle the microphone and the 2.5mm plug handle the headphone part or something else?

NomadDave

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NomadDave

I got a set last time they were offered. It's been working well for me. No issues. I will say the non speaker side pad is hard and I need to move it around if I wear it for any length of time. I've tried a few things to soften it some, but nothing has worked yet.

The additional volume control on the cord is nice as well, you can also mute the mic from there. I did notice on mine, that if you move the volume all the way up it cuts out, so you have to move it carefully. Not sure if the others have that issue or not.

My Windows 7 machine detected the headset right away and has worked without problems.

David N Polister

selphish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages selphish
NomadDave wrote:I got a set last time they were offered. It's been working well for me. No issues. I will say the non speaker side pad is hard and I need to move it around if I wear it for any length of time. I've tried a few things to soften it some, but nothing has worked yet.

The additional volume control on the cord is nice as well, you can also mute the mic from there. I did notice on mine, that if you move the volume all the way up it cuts out, so you have to move it carefully. Not sure if the others have that issue or not.

My Windows 7 machine detected the headset right away and has worked without problems.

Thanks for this review! All problems aside, do you think that it's worth the $7.99?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

No "Gaming" headset will ever have one can.

cassieandvictor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cassieandvictor

Never worked... What a waste!

Cassie Perry

akivaj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages akivaj

er...gaming with a mono headset?
No position triangulation via sound there. Pfffft. No thanks.

-Super Crochety.

daeroner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daeroner

i bought 15 of these what?

wangtastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wangtastic

i bought at least 15 of these

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
cappo wrote:I still haven't tried mine.

Great information,thanks.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
curtisuxor wrote:No "Gaming" headset will ever have one can.

This from the Old or the New Testament ?

catherinemcclarey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catherinemcclarey

The headset I originally used when I first started recording "Let's Play" videos for YouTube was a mono headset @twice the price & half the apparent comfort of the one offered here. The sound quality of the recordings was pretty awful, though (but that could be blamed on my being an ignorant newcomer at recording for YouTube). I've since switched to a Plantronics Gamecom 367 stereo headset. The stereo part isn't really that important (since I record game sound from the speakers), but they do a great job of eliminating outside sounds from my recordings (even though I can still hear those outside sounds while recording). Besides, the Plantronics headset is just plain comfier.
As to the Motorola headset on offer here, the one ear-covering earpiece it does have looks much more comfortable than the little bitty ear cushion on my original headset. I'll have to trust the word of other commenters as to the audio quality of the Motorola headset, but it surely can't be much worse than the cheapo monoaural headset I originally used myself. Might be good for kids with parents on a tight budget.

NotoriousCheech

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NotoriousCheech

GARBAGE!!! Pure Garbage!!! I bought 3 of these and I 2 were broken and the other one wouldnt work with my xbox. Even at $2.99 I still dont think they are worth it and I am usually a die hard Motorola Guy but these suck...

morrise6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morrise6

Can you use these to record your voice in Photostory or Sound Recorder?

doublehelixmedia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doublehelixmedia

Looks like a great buy! Love the fact that it is both USB and 2.5mm for my xbox 360 controller and my phone. (Should work with PS2-3 as well) As for the one mono ear cup people are complaining about on here... It is suppose to be a NFL coach lookalike. So evidently the ones that have complained never seen a coaches headset.

doublehelixmedia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doublehelixmedia
akivaj wrote:er...gaming with a mono headset?
No position triangulation via sound there. Pfffft. No thanks.

Hahaha, sorry but the headphone the mono earpice is NOT for game audio, its to hear who ever you are talking to. Its a communication headset. Your game sound will come out your tv like it normally does. Anyway, your talking out your butt.

tinachaffee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tinachaffee

I bought three of these last time, and couldn't get any of them to work.

k87

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k87
gusvonpooch wrote:This from the Old or the New Testament ?

Just a simple fact this this headset is not for everyone. Do you want stereo sound? Well too bad.

Remember the opening credits for Married... With Children that said "In Stereo where available"? Well, fast forward a quarter century and you can't have stereo sound. Why? Because people want to look like Dan Reeves or something. I don't get it.

jspot35

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jspot35

Bought one of these on a previous WOOT, My kids both complained about how uncomfortable the headset was after about ten minutes of wear. The side without the the speaker put to much pressure on thier heads and caused pain. I ended up throwing it away after a few weeks of no use. None for me thanks

iccrmmkr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iccrmmkr

Wow you know it is bad when even the write-up says it is bad. Where to start? Ok, first they suck. They have poor sound quality. If you have ever used a real gaming headset (i.e. turtle beach) you will never use this headset. Yes they are not designed to be used for anything except voice communication. They are painful to wear. I would rather use an in-ear earpiece than use one of these (you can find one that works with x-boxes at Walmart for about $7. $12 for a nice one). And I hate using the in-ear earpieces. In short an item that is considered crappy by many people is better than one of these.

sinbot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sinbot

Got 2 last time. Work great with PC and my ps3.

stringsoftears

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stringsoftears
brandorf wrote:The mono headsets are actually my preferred type, as a PC gamer I prefer to have only voice comms in the headset and use my speakers for game sound.

In for one, if only because my trusty logitech PS3 headset is expensive to replace.

I'm an avid PC gamer and would not suggest this to anyone with a PC. Regardless if you have auto or push-to-talk, the audio from the PC, will loop back into the headset, annoying the folks you're speaking to.
I have a pair of these headsets and they are really only used on long trips where I need to utilize Skype to speak to someone. I used it with a game a few times and just didn't work well in regards to directional sound.

drewdad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewdad

I bought one of these when they were $5.00, to use with my softphone.

Never could get my (Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit) system to recognize it. After connecting the USB cable, the electronic portion of headset (the little bulb on the cord) got really hot, but that was all.

No drivers available from Motorola that I could ever find.

davidss89

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davidss89

I really love these since I don't care to hear the game sound through the headset I just want the chat some say they hurt their head I had the same problem all I did was bend the top of them out a little and perfect fit now.

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

Yeah, I have to agree that this is not a 'gaming' headset. This is for communications, which can be done in-game, but if you aren't listening to stereo or better, you're at a REAL disadvantage for most games.

Now, if you have a lovely home theater setup, and run the audio through that, saving your speech audio for the headset, then no worries.. but otherwise? Nah.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

dmmutti

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dmmutti
curtisuxor wrote:No "Gaming" headset will ever have one can.

Agreed

dmmutti

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dmmutti

Shame on you Woot! for still trying to peddle this garbage. Just take the hit, write it off, you got burned. Even at this price you are still taking advantage of your customers.

Just take them out to the dumpster, let the accounting people do the needed paperwork and call it a day.

Don't stick it to us because someone stuck it to you.

dementeddragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dementeddragon

I plug them into my Windows 8 computer, the taskbar shows that it's loading... something. But then sound still comes out of my speakers.

kiversen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiversen

They suck. Doesn't work on the PC. Loads drivers (not motorola drivers) and no sound in or out. What pieces of crap.

Bastid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bastid
cassieandvictor wrote:Never worked... What a waste!

Same here...

Bastid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bastid

Yeah, sorry Woot, this item is a fail all the way around... and im kind of disappointed in you.