4%
3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Why does one part say two 12 packs and the picture show 2 six packs? How many batteries are included??
Edit: OK, Mistake has been fixed to show 2 six packs.

casey00001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages casey00001
dliidlii wrote:Why does one part two 12 packs and the picture show 2 six packs? How many batteries are included??

Its 12 total, like two six packs of beer.

casey00001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages casey00001

Looks like maximum quantity you can order is 10 rather than normal 3.

dliidlii

casey00001 wrote:Its 12 total, like two six packs of beer.

Somebody should have told whoever wrote the script for tonights deal. They obviously thought it was two 12 packs.

JohnnyDD

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JohnnyDD
casey00001 wrote:Its 12 total, like two six packs of beer.

Costco has great prices on batteries. Cheaper if you go to the store.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dliidlii wrote:Somebody should have told whoever wrote the script for tonights deal. They obviously thought it was two 12 packs.

Yep, write-up is wrong. Called to get it fixed. We're selling 12 batteries as two packages of 6 batteries.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dliidlii

JohnnyDD wrote:Costco has great prices on batteries. Cheaper if you go to the store.

These are rechargeable.Amazon price for 1 six pack is $14.95

Overloaded

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Overloaded

The 800 mAh capacity is a bit low for current rechargeable AA batteries. Sanyo makes 1500 mAh in the superior Eneloop AA rechargeables.
These are cheaper, however.

dliidlii

Overloaded wrote:The 800 mAh capacity is a bit low for current rechargeable AA batteries. Sanyo makes 1500 mAh in the superior Eneloop AA rechargeables.

These are not AA but AAA.

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel
Overloaded wrote:The 800 mAh capacity is a bit low for current rechargeable AA batteries. Sanyo makes 1500 mAh in the superior Eneloop AA rechargeables.

Yes and these are AAA not AA's The Eneloop AAA's are 800 mAh as well.

shamcy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages shamcy

These are AAA not AA. Show me who makes rechargable AAA with 1500mah and I will buy 100 packs.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom

These are AAA. There are some AAA with higher capacity, but 800mAh is standard.

I haven't had these long enough to find out what the shelf life is, but they all test close to 800mAh after a refresh cycle.

These are made in China, so don't get your hopes up that you've found a forgotten stash of Japanese-made "Duraloops".

shamcy

craigthom wrote:These are AAA. There are some AAA with higher capacity, but 800mAh is standard.

I haven't had these long enough to find out what the shelf life is, but they all test close to 800mAh after a refresh cycle.

These are made in China, so don't get your hopes up that you've found a forgotten stash of Japanese-made "Duraloops".

I would not worry that these are made in China rather than Japan like the Eneloops. They are Duracell and Duracell would not risk their reputation by putting their name on something of lesser quality. After all, the iPhone is made in China too.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
shamcy wrote:I would not worry that these are made in China rather than Japan like the Eneloops. They are Duracell and Duracell would not risk their reputation by putting their name on something of lesser quality. After all, the iPhone is made in China too.

It's not about worry. The point is, as I stated, that these are the Duracell LSD batteries made in China, not the earlier ones made in Japan that were repackaged Eneloop batteries.

They are pretty good, just not Eneloops. It's not because they are inferior because they are made in China; it's because they are different batteries.

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua
ThunderThighs wrote:Yep, write-up is wrong. Called to get it fixed. We're selling 12 batteries as two packages of 6 batteries.

I know this gets asked all the time, but since you're making calls and it's not like anyone would be busy in the middle of the week for any reason what so ever, do these have the white ring as the picture shows or are they black on top? I keep hearing there's a huge difference in the quality.

Also.. Happy Thanksgiving!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

bookofjoshua wrote:I know this gets asked all the time, but since you're making calls and it's not like anyone would be busy in the middle of the week for any reason what so ever, do these have the white ring as the picture shows or are they black on top? I keep hearing there's a huge difference in the quality.

I don't have any way to find that out (and I'm not going to wake someone for it). These are likely in another warehouse for shipping. Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wootsmittywoot

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootsmittywoot

Can someone recommend a charger for these as well as other (types of) batteries?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Make sure you check out the daily deal on http://pop.woot.com/ as well as the great Plus deals.

FORUM MODERATOR

rtfirefly

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rtfirefly

AAA again?!

How about some AA rechargeables? I'd buy a bunch of them. Practically everything in this house that runs on batteries takes AA.

Somebody must've made more AAAs than they could sell.

mjonczak

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mjonczak

Why doesn't WOOT sell a really great charger like a LaCrosse or a Maha?? Seems like with all their side-sites they could be offering a nice charger. Happy Thanksgiving!

"When I die, I want to go             
as my grandfather did:                
quietly, peacefully, in his sleep. 
Not like his passengers." 

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak

So do those work okay with the IGo chargers sold the other day on sellout.woot?

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

rwf11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwf11
bookofjoshua wrote:I know this gets asked all the time, but since you're making calls and it's not like anyone would be busy in the middle of the week for any reason what so ever, do these have the white ring as the picture shows or are they black on top? I keep hearing there's a huge difference in the quality.

I bought these last time they were up and they were the black top. Haven't used them enough to review yet as nothing that I use them for is a high drain product.

Ygor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ygor
shamcy wrote:These are AAA not AA. Show me who makes rechargable AAA with 1500mah and I will buy 100 packs.

http://bit.ly/TZYJUX

jdchristman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jdchristman

Are these the black top or white top? Anyone? Anyone?

schep999

quality posts: 9 Private Messages schep999
Ygor wrote:http://bit.ly/TZYJUX

Thanks; I did not know of these.

Generally I see and use 800 and 1000 maH. The difference on those units is in the static drain. The higher capacity ones lose power much faster than the other ones if you are putting them into something that sits unused for a few weeks to months. I wonder if those 1500's lose power quickly after a charge.

When bought in quantity, the WOOT deal is better than All-Battery because their shipping can add up. (But they also have good chargers for the person that asked.)

mrbloosboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrbloosboy

Wish they were AA. Then I'd push the button.

hamjudo

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hamjudo
Ygor wrote:http://bit.ly/TZYJUX

Perhaps shamcy wasn't clear. I think the goal was to find AAA batteries with a usable capacity of 1500mAh each. The above search takes us to sites which sell AAA batteries that have labels on them that say 1500mAh.

These aren't being sold by Woot, so there isn't much reason to discuss them here. There are reviews on the Woot batteries, so we have some independent information on the actual capacity, lifetime and other characteristics.

shamcy

hamjudo wrote:Perhaps shamcy wasn't clear. I think the goal was to find AAA batteries with a usable capacity of 1500mAh each. The above search takes us to sites which sell AAA batteries that have labels on them that say 1500mAh.

These aren't being sold by Woot, so there isn't much reason to discuss them here. There are reviews on the Woot batteries, so we have some independent information on the actual capacity, lifetime and other characteristics.

Agreed, also, I was talking about slow discharge batteries. Not just any rechargeable battery.

dolson60174

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dolson60174
justafreak wrote:So do those work okay with the IGo chargers sold the other day on sellout.woot?

x2?

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
dliidlii wrote:These are not AA but AAA.

And I hope Woot finds from your post that there really is a size AA because it seems all that shows up over and over is this same AAA offer.

Chmarr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chmarr
wootsmittywoot wrote:Can someone recommend a charger for these as well as other (types of) batteries?

I totally recommend the "LaCrosse Technology BC-700" charger. Tons of geeky options, including ways of finding out what the current capacity of the batteries are.

edit: Okay, there's a BC-900 and a BC-1000 too, and I cant really tell what the significant differences are.

editedit: the BC-700 can charge up to 700mA. The BC-1000 (which I have) can go up to 1000mA, or up to 1700mA if you're only charging two batteries. Amazon's selling the BC1000 for $60, but I've seen it as low as $45 before.