WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What is your heritage?
  • 45.8% - Pilgrim 313
  • 54.2% - Not-True-American 370
683 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

chretist

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chretist

Canadian, eh!

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Should be:

Native American
Not-True-American

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Ask the red stater's, they'll make something up so you can get a good laugh (if it wasn't so true, pathetic, and sad..)

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

panda1125

quality posts: 0 Private Messages panda1125

One of my great great etc.. aunts came over on the Mayflower 8)

ardubu

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ardubu

Scotland, Ireland and Wales!

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

bblhed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bblhed

Jamestown family, technically the Pilgrims got lost trying to get to where my family already was.

***Rant on***
The Pilgrims decided that they liked it where they were so they stayed there. In Jamestown they would have been allowed to worship as they pleased, but they would not have been allowed to religiosity oppress others, they decided to stay in the bay colony and force their beliefs on on everyone in the area (Indians included). The Pilgrims and freedom is a lie people, pick up a book and read some time. Every person in a Jamestown or Mayflower family knows this, just the Mayflower people tend to say that the puritans "changed" over time, the truth is that as the colonies grew in population the Mayflower colony was told to stop oppressing people because freedom of religion was supposed to be a promise of living in the colonies. The reason freedom of worship is in the Constitution is because the Pilgrims were so oppressive and forced people to follow their beliefs, not because they wanted freedom.
***Rant Off***

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
curtisuxor wrote:Should be:

Native American
Not-True-American

+1

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper

Don't know..

aggiechick

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aggiechick

Mainly Native American on one side and full German on the other.

1ezmonkey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages 1ezmonkey

Native American.

I think I'm getting into Heaven.
WOOT = 130 items
SHIRT.WOOT = 72 shirts
WINE.WOOT = 1 item (can't ship wine to Pa.)
SELLOUT.WOOT = 30 items
KIDS.WOOT = 18 items

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

Second generation on one side, third generation on the other. Emigrants all the way through. Family never stopped moving. Maybe we were Romany, but they never talked about it.

rewalker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rewalker
curtisuxor wrote:Should be:

Native American
Not-True-American

So true!

rewalker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rewalker

Both are the same.

a04971xx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages a04971xx

I hail from the Vikings who, if you want to believe them, really got to America before Columbus. So in a way I am from the first pilgrims. Then again, pilgrim means to journey somewhere for religious purposes, and the Vikings didn't do that. To conclude, I am a barbarian....wait, barbarian is one who has a beard; I have no beard. Ugh, I'm so confused. My other half is Cuban, which is a whole nother story. No one is still reading this I bet.