WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Legalized Pots

It may have been overshadowed by other legalization news, but several states - including Arkansas, Mississippi, and Alaska - legalized the recreational use of pots and pans last week. Some say this was a long time coming, and that the so-called "war on cookware" has failed, but the federal response to the new laws is still unclear. 

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

So what's cooking, friends?

I'm just hanging out, really.

bbulrich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbulrich

does anyone know if the double boiler has a top?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bbulrich wrote:does anyone know if the double boiler has a top?

No, it does not. It fits inside the 3qt sauce pan which would have the lid. We're, uhm, not selling the sauce pan though.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Bione

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Bione
ThunderThighs wrote:No, it does not. It fits inside the 3qt sauce pan which would have the lid. We're, uhm, not selling the sauce pan though.

I noticed that. Any idea if it would fit into the 6 Qt dutch oven instead? It looks like the 6 Qt dutch oven and the 3 Qt saucepan are the same diameter. If (and only if) that is true, then there's no problem because steam rises.

iMapit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iMapit

Taking a look at the 12" covered saute and the 1-quart covered sauce pan and wondering if the aluminum core is completely encapsulated (like All-Clad) or if the aluminum core is a visibly sandwiched disk?

Likewise the 6-quart Dutch Oven -- does anyone know if it is seamlessly encapsulated?

zofer11

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zofer11

My son wants classic fried chicken, I dont have appropriate frying pot/Pan I havebeen Woot watching forever . Southern fried chicken peeps please help!!

Whoops I did it again : /

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
zofer11 wrote:My son wants classic fried chicken, I dont have appropriate frying pot/Pan I havebeen Woot watching forever . Southern fried chicken peeps please help!!

Look at Lodge's deep skillets, or their chicken fryer set. The chicken fryer set is a 10.25 inch deep skillet, with another shallow skillet as a lid. Yes, the lid CAN be used as a skillet, when not frying chicken.

No, I'm not "southern," unless you count Arizona as the "south."

Lodge cast iron will be the cheapest, most durable, and most "correct" for the style. (Tennessee IS in the "south.")

http://www.lodgemfg.com/seasoned-cast-iron/deep-skillets/combo-cooker-LCC3 This one.

steve

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou

Oh, look at Wally World. Prices are "good" there.

steve

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
zofer11 wrote:My son wants classic fried chicken, I dont have appropriate frying pot/Pan I havebeen Woot watching forever . Southern fried chicken peeps please help!!

I second the Lodge deep skillet recommendation. You can also get it with a regular lid, but, surprisingly, the one with the skillet lid is cheaper at Amazon.com.

(Many of the reviews for Lodge cast iron on Amazon.com imply that they don't properly package cast iron, but this one will probably come in a box and should be OK. Because South Pittsburg, Tennessee, is between here and where my parents live, I have purchased all my Lodge stuff at their factory outlet store.)

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

I'm no expert on pots and pans but the other day on woot I was carefully evaluating a Regal 12" saute pan which was tri-ply for $40....now this one which would seem to be of lesser quality is listed for $50.
--Puzzled in Punxsatawney

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

njkatz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages njkatz
smartheart wrote:I'm no expert on pots and pans but the other day on woot I was carefully evaluating a Regal 12" saute pan which was tri-ply for $40....now this one which would seem to be of lesser quality is listed for $50.
--Puzzled in Punxsatawney

I noticed that as well. I recall the one the other day had a steel lid instead of glass. Other than that I don't know why this one would cost more.

Nick

billebouy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billebouy
iMapit wrote:Taking a look at the 12" covered saute and the 1-quart covered sauce pan and wondering if the aluminum core is completely encapsulated (like All-Clad) or if the aluminum core is a visibly sandwiched disk?

Likewise the 6-quart Dutch Oven -- does anyone know if it is seamlessly encapsulated?

Was kinda hoping this question got answered.

njkatz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages njkatz
billebouy wrote:Was kinda hoping this question got answered.

I found this online. Not sure if it answers your question.

IMPACT-BONDED ALUMINUM CORE BASE ENCAPSULATED IN STAINLESS STEEL PROVIDES SUPERIOR HEAT CONDUCTIVITY; STYLISH BRUSHED SATIN EXTERIOR; CAST STAINLESS STEEL HANDLES STAY COOL DURING STOVETOP COOKING; CAPACITY MARKS ETCHED INSIDE COOKWARE OFFER A CONVENIENT VISUAL MEASUREMENT GUIDE; HEAT & SHOCK RESISTANT GLASS COVERS ALLOW EASY MONITORING OF THE COOKING PROCESS; NON-COATED PANS ARE OVEN-SAFE UP TO PREHEATED 500°F/260°C; 12"; 5 QUART

Nick