WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Espressione Supremma Espresso

Speed to First Woot:
21m 45.661s
First Sucker:
JohnGump
Last Wooter to Woot:
micahnolin
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 31% of Sellout Woots
Bottom 35% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 26% of Sellout Woots
Bottom 34% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 17% first woot
  • 11% second woot
  • 30% < 10 woots
  • 15% < 25 woots
  • 28% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 23% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 11% one year old
  • 64% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 96% bought 1
  • 0% bought 2
  • 4% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
2%
9%
17%
9%
13%
4%
2%
9%
6%
9%
2%
9%
0%
4%
6%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Mmm, coffee. Reviews, anyone?

I'm just hanging out, really.

chupacabra


quality posts: 2 Private Messages chupacabra

Pretty bad reviews on amazon, so maybe $400 is a reasonable price.

Amazon

natalemm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages natalemm

I don't know how many takers they'll get with a description touting the "1/8 liter" water tank. At just over a half cup, that's a lot of refilling...I did a double-take until I saw it's actually a 1.8 liter tank.

marvinbeaverdip


quality posts: 3 Private Messages marvinbeaverdip

I'll bet the coffee snobs here are just frothing at the milk to write a bad review about this one..

gonzlzrn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gonzlzrn

Don't buy this thing!!!! Ive had nothing but trouble with mine. Just boxed it up for return. Constant error message for no reason-followed all the directions-with bad results.

oeldeals


quality posts: 1 Private Messages oeldeals


Reasonable? $400 & it doesn't work?? If I had all your money, I'd throw mine away ...


chupacabra wrote:Pretty bad reviews on amazon, so maybe $400 is a reasonable price.

Amazon



LOOK AT ME!

jonathanluu2


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jonathanluu2

Kay, so I have no experience with this particular machine, just used a much nicer one while working at a coffee shop.

Some thoughts:
I looked up the warranty information for this machine and it doesnt cover shipping (neither to NJ or back to you, though its a $15 flat rate fee to process your broken machine and ship it back to you)

Also, their website expresses a 10 year warranty on the "brewing group only" whatever that means. I guess thats the brewing head area of the machine.

I have never heard of a "Coffee Essence System" or "CES". More like "CDS", "Completely Dubious System". All we did in our shop was grind espresso beans, pack them in a brew head, and lock it in place. Then the machine would pump hot water through the brew head to make the espresso.

No grinder should ever burn your coffee beans; this machine amiably complies. Burnt coffee is not as a result of the grinder or hot water, but the way the beans are roasted. Cheap coffee beans taste bad. Cheap, burnt coffee beans taste...burnt, but not as bad.

This model has a nifty steaming wand. With a bit of practice (and by a bit i mean a month of making your own cappuccinos) you will be able to impress the guests with your Barista skills. I wouldnt trust the built in thermostat though. Id stick a (clean) meat probe in the cup to be sure. Milk starts frothing well around 110F, burns at 180F.

Some tips for succulent sipping:


    *Always use whole beans. All coffee absorbs atmospheric flavors, and lose their own to the atmosphere. Ground coffee expedites the process.
    *Coffee priced less than $10/lb becomes perceptibly cheap.
    *Store beans in a dark, airtight container at room temperature. Coffee stored in freezers will taste like your freezer.
    *Filter the water.
    *Steam wand can be used to heat other drinks like hot cider or soy milk
    *Ground espresso grain size should be slightly finer than regular drip coffee.


Some #'s:

    *Each latte you make will save you about $3, over buying it somewhere else. Thats 133 drinks to meet the $400 break even point.
    *18bar is 260psig
    *coffee is the second most traded product in the world, second only to petroleum**


J. Percolator

**"Medium-term prospects for agricultural commodities. Projections to the year 2010." Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.

cosmictrucker


quality posts: 5 Private Messages cosmictrucker

Hey, where is the darn "like" button. I thought this post was very informative.

jonathanluu2 wrote:Kay, so I have no experience with this particular machine, just used a much nicer one while working at a coffee shop.

Some thoughts:
I looked up the warranty information for this machine and it doesnt cover shipping (neither to NJ or back to you, though its a $15 flat rate fee to process your broken machine and ship it back to you)

Also, their website expresses a 10 year warranty on the "brewing group only" whatever that means. I guess thats the brewing head area of the machine.

I have never heard of a "Coffee Essence System" or "CES". More like "CDS", "Completely Dubious System". All we did in our shop was grind espresso beans, pack them in a brew head, and lock it in place. Then the machine would pump hot water through the brew head to make the espresso.

No grinder should ever burn your coffee beans; this machine amiably complies. Burnt coffee is not as a result of the grinder or hot water, but the way the beans are roasted. Cheap coffee beans taste bad. Cheap, burnt coffee beans taste...burnt, but not as bad.

This model has a nifty steaming wand. With a bit of practice (and by a bit i mean a month of making your own cappuccinos) you will be able to impress the guests with your Barista skills. I wouldnt trust the built in thermostat though. Id stick a (clean) meat probe in the cup to be sure. Milk starts frothing well around 110F, burns at 180F.

Some tips for succulent sipping:

    *Always use whole beans. All coffee absorbs atmospheric flavors, and lose their own to the atmosphere. Ground coffee expedites the process.
    *Coffee priced less than $10/lb becomes perceptibly cheap.
    *Store beans in a dark, airtight container at room temperature. Coffee stored in freezers will taste like your freezer.
    *Filter the water.
    *Steam wand can be used to heat other drinks like hot cider or soy milk
    *Ground espresso grain size should be slightly finer than regular drip coffee.


Some #'s:

    *Each latte you make will save you about $3, over buying it somewhere else. Thats 133 drinks to meet the $400 break even point.
    *18bar is 260psig
    *coffee is the second most traded product in the world, second only to petroleum**


J. Percolator

**"Medium-term prospects for agricultural commodities. Projections to the year 2010." Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.



morgansandiford


quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgansandiford
gonzlzrn wrote:Don't buy this thing!!!! Ive had nothing but trouble with mine. Just boxed it up for return. Constant error message for no reason-followed all the directions-with bad results.



Similar issue. My wife and I picked one up last time it was on Woot Sellout for 450. Made 4 cups of coffee before it died. Might have been a one-off, but the manufacturer charges shipping both ways for repairs...not cool when you only got it an hour ago.