0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Would anyone have some personal video of to share? Would love to see some!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

larsont7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages larsont7

I don't have these exact goggles, but I have the underwater ones for snorkeling from the same company, and they have been awesome. I took them to a trip to Cancun last month, and was able to get some great video of the coral reef and the clarity was impressive. I also used them to take several underwater pictures, and they came out great as well. I did purchase mine off of Amazon, but this looks like a pretty good deal.

You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can never please a Wooter during a Woot-off.

avengerofpi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages avengerofpi

I've seen these things on the WootShelf a few times before, but until now felt like there wasn't a good enough reason for me to fondle them. But now, what with Santa coming in just under a month.5 (read: "month point five"), I'm feeling nervous---knowing that I just have to try getting something for my brother that beats out what that Jolly Jerk brings.

So! Do any of you have high praises, or accurate critiques, of this gizmo?

hcbrf3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hcbrf3
larsont7 wrote:I don't have these exact goggles, but I have the underwater ones for snorkeling from the same company, and they have been awesome. I took them to a trip to Cancun last month, and was able to get some great video of the coral reef and the clarity was impressive. I also used them to take several underwater pictures, and they came out great as well. I did purchase mine off of Amazon, but this looks like a pretty good deal.

I have a couple pairs of the 720 version, and my buddy and I were so impressed he bought the 1080 ones last time they were up. Here is a video with the 1080's.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5B454143B6E1F3F1!1114

You may want to just download it, then play the file for best results.

hcbrf3

avengerofpi wrote:I've seen these things on the WootShelf a few times before, but until now felt like there wasn't a good enough reason for me to fondle them. But now, what with Santa coming in just under a month.5 (read: "month point five"), I'm feeling nervous---knowing that I just have to try getting something for my brother that beats out what that Jolly Jerk brings.

So! Do any of you have high praises, or accurate critiques, of this gizmo?

This link should download the file directly for viewing. The originals are in .MOV format, while this has been converted to .WMV. It's capable of 1080, but I prefer to just run it in 720 mode.

This isn't the best price, I want to say we both got our pairs from here in the past for $90.

http://public.sn2.livefilestore.com/y1m_nlJ31inPuZj4AvVnuR-s1B-O-VbmGnO6a-gkwe38tCCb_8Q9XP3crXjEKn_2k8RcHCeVjM0-fRqXvKIsgLZDucm_nf9appE/Damnit.wmv?download&psid=1

hcbrf3

Here is a longer one uploaded to youtube. The video's really are impressive, but loose a lot once uploaded. The originals are very clear, usually very smooth, and the sound almost to good. My first time out I didn't expect it to pick up as much as they did, and you could hear me talking to myself as my buddy lost me in the woods, or something else that caused profanity.

sidhoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sidhoo

Does this have a built-in flash for low-light conditions?

mam04x

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mam04x

Video quality is actually pretty low on my list of concerns. What is visibility like through the lenses?

I'd be using them for snowboarding, and I hate having a narrow field of view. I'm contemplating a GoPro, but don't like the idea of something sticking off of my helmet like that.

phoquenut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phoquenut

They've been 'selling out' many variations these POV camera goggles forever...you'd think there would be more extreme sportsmen *cough, pervs, cough* on w00t buying them up.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

I own the lesser pair of these that sold here for $89 and I am very impressed with them. Most of the offerings I have seen for helmet/car/etc. mount cameras seem to have the same problem. Awful audio. Wearing mine on my motorcycle, even at speeds greater than 60 mph the mic does great at filtering out wind noise with one exception. Looking forward wind noise is filtered out great. However, when I turn my head to one side or the other and the wind is coming across them instead of right at them, you do hear quite a bit of wind. But not any worse than others have all the time.

One last point. The glass is not safety glass but you can wear a fairly large set of sunglasses under them. For example, I can wear these over my Ray Ban aviators.

kimwith6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimwith6

Questions... maybe dumb, but I have them anyway. So how does the camera turn on and off and how do you take a picture? Also, I need them for snow, so where do I get the snow lense and stuff needed for that?

Eratosthenes

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Eratosthenes
hcbrf3 wrote:Here is a longer one uploaded to youtube. The video's really are impressive, but loose a lot once uploaded. The originals are very clear, usually very smooth, and the sound almost to good. My first time out I didn't expect it to pick up as much as they did, and you could hear me talking to myself as my buddy lost me in the woods, or something else that caused profanity.

That looked and sounded great, but what was with that bizarre stuttering once you started accelerating? It looked like the camera was zooming in and out quickly (actually it looked like a camera's auto-focus freaking out before locking in on the subject). Was this present in the actual video, or just a weird compression problem upon upload to YouTube?