0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

knightracer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knightracer

I bought these from Amazon, and they fell apart after 2 days of mild use.

hehthuryo

quality posts: 37 Private Messages hehthuryo

Have these. Pretty crappy. Cord is too short for my needs. I really expected better. I like the quality of the cable itself but I've bought generics better than these.

However, the little case is great for storing my Bluetooth headset in.

JAM11683

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JAM11683

I've had a pair of these for over a year and use them when working out. The sound quality is ok for the price your paying. Not the best sound quality but better then the original iphone earphones and if they fail, I won't worry about it.

aojle

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aojle

Correct me if I'm wrong. The "noise isolating fit" doesn't block out any noise. That based on other earbuds I've tried. That's not a bad thing if you want to hear what's happening around you.

The "soft silicone ear cushion" is likely formed from a thin sheet, not a solid cushion. No mass to it, won't block a thing. And there appears to be a hole on the other end of the bud, which would make it an open back earbud.

For me, I spend time in noisy areas and blocking that noise is important.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

First time, not sure price, August: the majority liked it from prior experience
http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5120309

next two times are woot-offs
$10.99
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5175501

and $8.99, like tonight
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5214724

b4k4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages b4k4

They are quite good earbuds. I currently have a pair of J5s, but previously had the J3s. I loved em.

And for the price they can't be beat! Heck even on Amazon they're often on sale for far less than MSRP.

I need to buy a pair for a Christmas gift, but unfortunately Woot doesn't have the pink ones, only black

Xusachi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Xusachi

While this comment can be said about these ear buds, this kind of 'noise isolation' is called passive.

There are different levels of passive noise isolation ranges, the least being accomplished by ear buds. Ear canal headphones produce the best passive noise isolation.

If you want only a slight muffle instead of significant isolation, ear buds like this one will do you very well.

meerkat6666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meerkat6666

I bought these last time they came around. The left bud quit working after 2 days of light use. The cord is too prone to kinks. The case is nice and the assortment of fittings will keep anyone comfortable. The sound is a step above most basic buds but nothing outstanding. For now I will stick to my $10.95 panasonic buds from the corner store. IF you have no buds, get these; I was just unlucky.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

meerkat6666 wrote:I bought these last time they came around. The left bud quit working after 2 days of light use. The cord is too prone to kinks. The case is nice and the assortment of fittings will keep anyone comfortable. The sound is a step above most basic buds but nothing outstanding. For now I will stick to my $10.95 panasonic buds from the corner store. IF you have no buds, get these; I was just unlucky.

Sorry for the problems. They do have a one year warranty. Did you contact JLab?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jt4703

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jt4703

I have two pairs of these buds and they are great for my use. The cord is a bit on the short side but the noise isolation is plenty enough for an office environment. I can keep my volume much lower with these buds vs the standard ear buds that ship with ipods. I have never had any issues with kinks, but I always wrap up my cord and store these in the nifty case.

Amazon sells the mini travel case for $10 (it's the perfect size for a sansa clip) so these buds are essentially free.

meerkat6666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meerkat6666
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems. They do have a one year warranty. Did you contact JLab?

I registered them after opening and they offer a 50% off coupon for the same model. Have i followed up on that? no. I just might retire from the world of buds all together, my ear drums need a break. I'm not bad mouthing Jlabs in any way, I was simply trying to find anything negative to comment on about these for the sake of a quick review. The cord is all i would say needs improvement. But for the price, to ask for any higher quality would just be snobish.

psac42

quality posts: 5 Private Messages psac42

Bought these last time. The cord is too thin and flimsy feeling, and the sound is not great. Okay, crappy even. Very tin-y with low bass. I even tried burning them in, as they recommend, over a 3 or 4 day period. Still not good. I would pass on these.

ecarpenter43

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ecarpenter43
aojle wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong. The "noise isolating fit" doesn't block out any noise.

All ear buds are "noise isolating" if you cram them in deep enough.

wrek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wrek

Bought 3 last time. Avoid these. I can't imagine JLAB actually selling these for $60. All I can say is I wouldn't want to work in that call center taking customer calls on these.

One pair was broken on arrival (one speaker didn't even work).
All three pairs (including the replacement pair for the above) have one side that crackles badly when you put it in your ear or take it out. Sounds like cellophane.

You're so vain... you probably think this post is about you.. don't you? Don't you? You're so vain!

bhess12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhess12

I bought 2 before from woot. One for the wife and me. She hasn't complained and I liked them except that the cord is probably 3 inches too short for me. That is because I keep my phone in my cargo pocket at work. The cord would be fine other wise.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

THANK YOU VETERANS!

“Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.” -Thomas Jefferson.

Here on Veterans day we should all take the time to thank our Vets. Your dedication and sacrifice, some the supreme sacrifice has and continues to insure all Americans live free.

Veterans, Thank You from not only America, but all the Fee World as well.

silo11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silo11

I have two pairs of these, one for work and one for home, both have lasted well over the past few months and both I had to "burn" in, but now I really like them. The bass was better than anticipated and the sound has been very clear...The only problem I have is my son keeps taking them.

jennistern

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jennistern

I had a pair of these a while ago... they were really shoddy. The cord was short, to the point of the buds being pulled out of my ears if I bent over while my .mp3 player was in my pocket short. They broke after about 3 months. As an emergency fix, I bought a pair of Skull Candy buds at Target for about $12 and they felt like a huge upgrade.

pkChileHead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pkChileHead

JLab Earbuds are "My Obsession". Some people say that makes me "Crazy", but my doctor says it's "Nothing Too Serious". It's a "Mysterious Thing"; "One By One" my friends seem to fall away. I don't blame them, it's just that "I Can't Help Myself".

mfd351

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfd351

JUNK