quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeffcohen

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1062 Private Messages whatsamattaU

previous woots: $36.99 tonight
$49.99 when initially sold
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5134166

then $44.99
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5167225

2nd, price new similar elsewhere and variable reviews, including Amazon mentioned above:

4.25 stars, 8 reviews, $39.99 new
http://www.pcmall.com/p/Memorex-MP3-Players-And-Accessories/product~dpno~8390407~pdp.gebgjec#activeTab=pdpUserReview

Best buy doesn't sell it anymore,
3.7 stars 17 reviews, one said it didn't support Ipod Touch 4th generation (no way for me to tell for sure)
http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/2158072/xtrememac-luna-sst-dual-alarm-clock-radio-reviews/reviews.htm

and I'm not going to go into the "is a refurb that's checked out better than new" argument discussed elsewhere. Your call.

traquy

quality posts: 47 Private Messages traquy

My question is do you get that awful feedback every time your phone updates over the wi-fi that I get on my current iPhone clock (an old one). I hate that and want one that doesn't do it.

daryl772177

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daryl772177

will this work with my new Iphone 5 and is it also a charger

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite
daryl772177 wrote:will this work with my new Iphone 5 and is it also a charger

only if your iphone 5 has a 30-pin...
so no.

luvche21

quality posts: 6 Private Messages luvche21

Most of the iHome brands of similar items have glaring bright white text (which can only be turned down so much (or completely off, then I can't see it at night)) The red text of this one seems like a good idea to me.

deathopie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages deathopie

Cheaper to buy directly from Amazon?

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
luvche21 wrote:Most of the iHome brands of similar items have glaring bright white text (which can only be turned down so much (or completely off, then I can't see it at night)) The red text of this one seems like a good idea to me.

Most of the i-Home brands don't really sound very good either, at any price.
Logitech is always a better choice for price vs sound quality.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

strawhousepig

quality posts: 60 Private Messages strawhousepig

I don't own this clock, but I give it points for using red LEDs for the display. I have an iHome and the white is just too much to sleep next to. I had to tape a piece of rubylith (points to you if you know what this is) over it just to catch some zzz's.

jonsmith1000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonsmith1000

Why is everything Apple based? Does Android just not exist in the real world???? canned vegetables!!!!!!

johnsonr3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages johnsonr3
jonsmith1000 wrote:Why is everything Apple based? Does Android just not exist in the real world???? canned vegetables!!!!!!

Uhhhh... XtremeMAC.Get it?

rockteacherjan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockteacherjan

How about somethings for NON Apple phones!
Maybe I don't want an iPhone but would like an alarm clock.

Marm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Marm
jonsmith1000 wrote:Why is everything Apple based? Does Android just not exist in the real world???? canned vegetables!!!!!!

Fracturing of the Android OS.

As each manufacture puts it's own little tweaks on the OS to make it work with their device/hardware, it makes it harder and harder for 3rd party vendors to make items/software.

Also, A lot of Android phones dont have that nifty little dock on the bottom, they have the mini-USB on the side.

So yeah, they can make an alarm clock for Android, but you'd have to hand it from a hook on the bed stand.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
Marm wrote:Fracturing of the Android OS.

As each manufacture puts it's own little tweaks on the OS to make it work with their device/hardware, it makes it harder and harder for 3rd party vendors to make items/software.

Also, A lot of Android phones dont have that nifty little dock on the bottom, they have the mini-USB on the side.

So yeah, they can make an alarm clock for Android, but you'd have to hand it from a hook on the bed stand.

Silly people, Android prides itself having the finest blue tooth connectivity for music. Why dock it when it will just play using bluetooth. All Non i-Things need to incorporate bluetooth in their "docks".

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

coreylovesjen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coreylovesjen
Ringo4422 wrote:Why dock it when it will just play using bluetooth.

To charge your phone?

bunchesmcguinty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunchesmcguinty

Its cheaper, even with shipping, via Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/XtremeMac-Alarm-Detachable-Speaker-iPhone/dp/B0043M66XG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352600648&sr=8-1&keywords=XtremeMac+Luna+SST+Dual+Alarm+Clock