zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Multiple woots, including 2 pack
http://sellout.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5152904

then 4 pack
http://sellout.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5184062

$6.99 now, probably? same price then, comments varied widely, discussed alternatives, some said it was okay as long as you knew what you can and can't put in it (small). The others basically said too flimsy. You can read the spirited discussions.

Guybrush01

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Guybrush01

I bought this in one of the previous 2,000 woots in which it was offered, and sent one to my aunt, and one to my grandmother.

Both of them were unable to figure out how to assemble, install, or use them.

TL;DR: If you're not there to set it up, don't buy it as a gift.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Guybrush01 wrote:...one of the previous 2,000 woots in which it was offered...

It feels like it, doesn't it?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

penwynd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages penwynd

They are crap and Woot should just turn them in for recycling!

melgbrown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melgbrown

Received a set as a gift - not from Woot. Very few of my spices would fit in it as it's made for small containers; not the average spices from the store. Mine didn't come with the extra bottles which would probably be a plus.... if you want to take the time to transfer your spices from the bigger containers to the smaller ones (but then where do you store what's left in the bottle since it's more than the small bottles will hold?). I have one of the swivel thingies in the cabinet since I had a few smaller spice containers and put the rest in the goodwill box if that tells you anything.

ArcanixSoulstar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ArcanixSoulstar

I picked up a pair of these from the last Woot-Off, and it is one of the few Woot purchases I fully regret! These racks are cheap, flimsy, small, and don't save nearly enough space for what they do! I encourage you to walk away from this item! ZERO stars out of five!!!

ChefJoAnnaM

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ChefJoAnnaM

I wish that the photographer would include a ruler or a standard - size item, like a soda can, so you can tell the individual bottle dimensions.
Can't see info on the DROID app.

¡ʎɹƃunɥ ʎɹǝʌ 'ʎɹǝʌ ǝɹɐ noʎ :ǝƃɐssǝɯ lɐuıɯılqns

gregbowman

quality posts: 44 Private Messages gregbowman

This is the only product I have purchased from woot! since 2005 - and I have purchased quite a lot - that I have actually (purposefully) thrown away.

Yes, they are as completely pitiful as others have stated.

Unless you are buying them for your mother-in-law, AVOID.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU
ChefJoAnnaM wrote:I wish that the photographer would include a ruler or a standard - size item, like a soda can, so you can tell the individual bottle dimensions.
Can't see info on the DROID app.

from past:

rprebel wrote:It will hold McCormick spice bottles, glass and plastic. Anything bigger than that probably won't fit.

I also have no idea what the metal things were for. It seemed to be some kind of bracket, but what it attached to and what function is performed is beyond me.

sdc100 wrote:Small semi-hard plastic ones. I don't know if they are airtight. I also don't know if they're BPA-free. To their credit, each bottle has a removable shaker top. Also to their credit, each bottle is marked PET with a Recycle number of 1. Cheaper generic bottle would have no such markings. No labels are included. For size comparison, look at the AA battery. For some reason, this photo makes the bottles seem bigger than they are.

holdenaha

quality posts: 1 Private Messages holdenaha

I bought these on Woot a few months ago. They are somewhat flimsy plastic but once you load them down with spices they become pretty sturdy. It is true that they only hold small (McCormick) sized spice bottles. People should also be aware that they cannot be used next to the edge of a cabinet or directly next to another swivel store. They need a few inches of clearance on the sides and in the front.

That said they really aren't that bad. I have four of them in my cabinet and they do store a lot of spices in a very small space. I filled up the "clearance" spaces between them with larger spice bottles, olive oil, etc. They are working out pretty well for me. I'm struggling to fill the 4th unit. They other 3 hold so many that I already have every normal and grocery store exotic spice. I've been searching ethnic and gourmet shops for the super exotic spices so I can finally fill up my 4th rack. They really must be at least half full to be usable because the weight of the bottles holds the unit in place.

I like my swivel stores but I don't expect them to last a long time. They are pretty good for the price and do clear up a ton of cabinet space. The main thing is to follow the rules of not expecting to put them side by side and fill them up before you pull them out.

elmofrog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elmofrog

Got it... wouldn't fit in my cabinet... It needs more than the rack size to actually come out and swivel

Donner97

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Donner97

I bought these from woot, and actually really like them! There was no assembly, so the people complaining about how to assemble are completely overthinking things. The bottles are small, but I feel it completly does it's job. Organized my messy spice cabinet

Samisu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Samisu

Store twenty spice bottles in only 4" of space!

They forget to mention that the instructions tell you to leave 4" on each side of the unit to allow the rack to actually swivel. First sentence should read "in only 12" of space.

No wonder they can't get rid of them. I bought three in a previous Woot and when I asked to return them (for the above reason), the return shipping was going to be twice what I paid for them in the first place. Woot is beginning to lose it's edge.

Samisu

mikemiracle

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mikemiracle

When did sprinkles become a spice???

zomigi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages zomigi

I have no intention of actually using the shelves, but is the price worth it for the jars alone?

edm1950

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edm1950
mikemiracle wrote:When did sprinkles become a spice???

I think after Sporty left.

silverpearl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverpearl
zomigi wrote:I have no intention of actually using the shelves, but is the price worth it for the jars alone?

I would say so if you buy bulk spices!

I bought these without measuring and the only thing I use is the jars

silverpearl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverpearl
edm1950 wrote:I think after Sporty left.

muwahahaha

stevald

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevald

I bought these for sorting miscellaneous screws, nuts, bolts, etc. in the garage and it does the trick on the cheap. The portability and limited storage space is nice and I'm not into them often enough to stress their durability. I just wish it came with more bottles. Anyone pitching the set they buy this time is welcome to donate their bottles!

ssratracer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ssratracer

I use this type, and it is the cat's meow for cabinet spice storage:
http://www.amazon.com/Get-Organized-SPICE-STACK/dp/B000I9QJ4Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1270099277&sr=

Keymaster

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Keymaster

I bought these about a month ago but, while I use both every day, I would never put those hideous swiveling monstrosities in my kitchen. I have them hidden away in a linen closet where they can do no harm to my immaculately styled cook-topia. They do one hell of a job organizing auxiliary toiletries, though.

lakelady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lakelady

I bought these a few months ago and they don't fit on my shelves. However, if I ever really organize the craft room, or even make it habitable, they might find a home there. Even less likely is storage for nuts, bolts, washers, and other guy fix-it stuff. Based on the eye rolling from the husband that probably won't happen.

I would caution anyone considering these to measure the space where they will be used, or have a Plan B.

TangleRED

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TangleRED

1 they are not sized properly for many cabinets, this would have been better if set up to install under a cabinet as a space saver

2 the metal brackets seem to fit inside the shelves and are either there to as a slope to the shelf or stabilizer it. (Still very poor instructions)

3 Very cheap hard plastic, you cannot add holes to the unit in order to screw it down

4 small dimensions for the actual rack space make it difficult to find bottles that fit

5 I don't recommend this . I hit myself in the eye with the metal bracket trying to figure it out, I had $300 in opthomology bills after insurance, most expense cheap spice rack I ever bought

krobart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krobart

I bought in last time 'cuz I'm a sucker for a "deal." Yeah, they didn't fit my cupboards and you need a lot of empty space to pull them out and then turn them. I did them handy, though, just to put them in the cupboard without the sliders stacked against each other, with the lesser-used spices in back. The extra set(s) will make great White Elephant gifts!

bitwise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bitwise

I bought these on here before. Very flimsy, barely fits any spice jars except the ones that come with it, and takes up more space than a podium style rack while holding less. Complete garbage.

bfaulk04

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfaulk04

I purchased during the last Woot off. Cheap plastic and flimsy. The threading on the jars is wonky and had to discard a few because the lids wouldn't screw on and stay in place. You have to leave clearance on either side to swivel the racks, so where 4 should have fit tightly in the cabinet, now only 3 sit awkwardly in there with an inch of space on either side. Not advised.

jrogala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrogala
edm1950 wrote:I think after Sporty left.

HAHAHA

quilterliz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages quilterliz

Bought these the first time. The shelving is useless. Bottles fall over no matter what you have in them. But, I bought them again the second time just for the bottles. They are clear, tops fit tight, and they are great for spices and for jewelry making supplies like beads.

jmwinkie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmwinkie

Honestly, they're $6.99. I like mine. Sure, some of my larger spice bottles don't fit, but they wouldn't fit in many commerical spice racks. For the price, they are just fine. I gave a set to a friend and they already have people asking where they got it.

kate7667

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kate7667

total crap, and I bought 2 sets!! I am giving mine away to freecycle

MTM2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MTM2

Bought these on one of the earlier sales. Easy to install - Mrs. MTM2 did it - and we're happy with them. They've made it easy to find things and they have saved us space.

mikiemas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikiemas

OK, here's the deal... Racks are just over 4" wide, you need ~1.5" clearance towards the inside, ~4" on the side closest the cupboard opening, & cupboards [or countertop etc.] > 11.5" deep [not the end of the shelf, which may be recessed]. That way you don't have interference with the cupboard door or frame as with the klutz/clown mocking these racks on some TV show. I used double-sided tape to secure them in place which works well -- use fishing line to saw through the tape to remove.

Metal L brackets are included -- our *guess* is that mounted to the back of the cupboard, so the long side rests on the racks, they might be intended to stop the racks from tipping.

The racks themselves are warped to be just under 2" wide -- too narrow for the plastic containers many cheap spices come in, but fine for the McCormick glass jarred spices, extracts etc. There are no labels of any sort with the included bottles that ship separately.

FWIW not an ideal solution IMHO, but for us there isn't an ideal solution, e.g. drop down racks prevent access to the counter below cupboards, stand-alone racks take up counter space, & the tiered wire shelves we had been using aren't suitable for smaller bottles of extract or tins.

brookssde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brookssde

Okay I give up. What are you suppose to do with the metal slats? Do they just line the trays or are they supposed to some how serve as a mounting bracket? Were they packaged with the rack specifically to mess with my head? Cause that last one is totally working.

matusel3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matusel3
brookssde wrote:Okay I give up. What are you suppose to do with the metal slats? Do they just line the trays or are they supposed to some how serve as a mounting bracket? Were they packaged with the rack specifically to mess with my head? Cause that last one is totally working.

I came here to ask this same question... I bought them, I think, in a Woot Off maybe? When I opened the box I was immediately confused. I felt like a little kid trying to figure out which shape block went in which shape hole. They don't fit. I'm open to the idea that I am missing something very obvious at this point.

jessicapeterman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jessicapeterman

I was given a set of these as a gift by my Mom. They are really just a waste of space. I'd throw mine out if it was not my Mom who'd given it to me, who is SO excited that I've managed to shove it (uselessly) into one of my cabinets, therefore it appears to her like I'm using it successfully. On it I awkwardly store just a few items, since basically nothing fits in it.It's not stable, I can't actually pull it out and swivel it, it topples. Instead I have to pull the whole thing out of the cabinet if I want to get to it. Some folks say I need to put more on it so it weighs more and stabilizes. Well, that's a great suggestion if it fit most standard size bottles, but it doesn't.

The only Made for TV product (My mom keeps buying them) that has worked worse for me is the Eggies. Those are awful.

wiggymost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wiggymost

My suggestion - toss the racks, don't even open the boxes and keep the bottles. I have found various uses for them.(storing spices, craft items, and office supplies)

Amy McFall

Tenstubbytoes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tenstubbytoes

I love mine. It's true only the small standard spices, like the glass McCormick bottles fit, but it comes with bottles if you want to transfer out your larger spices. I have one in the kitchen for smaller spices, 2 for craft paints, glitter and other small craft supplies, and one in my medicine cabinet. they're great

Gunderi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gunderi

Did anyone just receive the bottles but no stands in the box?

isonce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isonce
Gunderi wrote:Did anyone just receive the bottles but no stands in the box?

I did. I sent them an e-mail and they said they would ship the racks seperate, and provide a tracking #. Still nothing..not satisfied with woot right now.