WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Game on, Gamers!

You can talk the talk but can you game the game? You game what I'm gaming at you here, gamebro? Gamers gonna game, game me? So game on, gamers, with these gaming game games we got right game!

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Along with the Razer reviews soon to be here from our awesome community (right?), enjoy this lovely video.

I'm just hanging out, really.

jonathanluu2

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jonathanluu2

Huh, looks like the Razer keyboards had a 9% price drop since the last Woot Plus deal they were in. I didnt pay attention to the other stuff but i figured i'd just mention.

inkycatz

jonathanluu2 wrote:Huh, looks like the Razer keyboards had a 9% price drop since the last Woot Plus deal they were in. I didnt pay attention to the other stuff but i figured i'd just mention.

Sellout, home of the scandalously low prices!

Bogie21

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Bogie21

Never going to be able to snag a Razer Nostromo gaming keypad. Every time I find them on Woot they are sold out

ZeroSyztem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZeroSyztem
Bogie21 wrote:Never going to be able to snag a Razer Nostromo gaming keypad. Every time I find them on Woot they are sold out

I'm in the same boat my friend

wootwowbro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootwowbro
ZeroSyztem wrote:I'm in the same boat my friend

Just buy it at full price, its worth it

Bogie21

wootwowbro wrote:Just buy it at full price, its worth it

I'm a wooter, I never by things at full price!

svrommelvs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages svrommelvs

I sold my Razer Anasi at a loss and bought a logitech g510 in its place. The lack of any multimedia buttons is bad, but performance was what drove me to ditch it. I have never seen worse keyboard chattering on a mechanical in my life, and after some forum hopping I found I was not the only one. If you happen to get a unit that doesn't typee liike thiiss, beware that the thumb buttons aren't easily assigned and hotkey possibilities are limited.

The Naga, on the other hand, is worth the glitchy software and drivers it uses. Best gaming mouse ever. I recommend the epic, sadly not available in this deal.

I would like a Razer Carcharias, but not the wired version. You play better comfortable than you do with pixel perfect response time. If you're grinding out a raid, you will succeed the money attempts if you have been happily reclined and not hunched forward, wrapped in wireless like a computer mummy.

nicesocks

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nicesocks
svrommelvs wrote:I sold my Razer Anasi at a loss and bought a logitech g510 in its place. ... I have never seen worse keyboard chattering on a mechanical in my life, and after some forum hopping I found I was not the only one.

I do not see why you mention mechanical as neither the Anansi or the Logitech board you switched to are mechanical keyboards.

svrommelvs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages svrommelvs
nicesocks wrote:I do not see why you mention mechanical as neither the Anansi or the Logitech board you switched to are mechanical keyboards.

Because when I purchased the Anasi, I was told it was mechanical. When I went to research the chattering problem, every forum listed it as a mechanical. When I went to verify if you were right or not, I fully expected to have a dozen links to AH HA you--and yet no. Hmph.

Awoken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Awoken

Thank you so much woot I was FINALLY able to snag a Naga. I had terrible luck missing them before. You guys rock for putting more up!

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity

how come the taxsucks coupon doesn't work on the naga? is it because it's not $40.01? i thought it just needed to be $45 incl. shipping to qualify for the $5 discount?

edit: just looked up an order i made in the past (2/20/2012) for $38.97 before tax and shipping and that order qualified for using taxsucks. what's changed?

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity
Bogie21 wrote:Never going to be able to snag a Razer Nostromo gaming keypad. Every time I find them on Woot they are sold out

I have an extra Belkin model I'd be willing to sell you.

Bogie21

zxinfinity wrote:I have an extra Belkin model I'd be willing to sell you.

PM Sent

joefrazier4th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joefrazier4th
ZeroSyztem wrote:I'm in the same boat my friend

aaarg me too.

wynmkr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wynmkr

This is for sale on newegg from 76.99 brand new with free shipping. 81 for refurb is not a deal at all.

Silton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Silton
wynmkr wrote:This is for sale on newegg from 76.99 brand new with free shipping. 81 for refurb is not a deal at all.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114012 Where'd you find it for 76.99? All I see is 113.99 and that would indeed make this a deal.

Edit: Ah! I found it, you're looking at the original blackwidow, and not the ultimate. Two different keyboards.

ashanev

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashanev

What's with the SteelSeries logo in the black widow graphic at the top of the page?

cfx69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfx69
svrommelvs wrote:I sold my Razer Anasi at a loss and bought a logitech g510 in its place. The lack of any multimedia buttons is bad, but performance was what drove me to ditch it. I have never seen worse keyboard chattering on a mechanical in my life, and after some forum hopping I found I was not the only one. If you happen to get a unit that doesn't typee liike thiiss, beware that the thumb buttons aren't easily assigned and hotkey possibilities are limited.

I've been using an Anansi since it's release day and never had a single issue with it. It's probably my second favorite keyboard ever. Vintage keytronics mechanical keyboards being my all time favorites.

infamousgoat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages infamousgoat

I remember reading that the Razer Naga refurbs were really hit and miss. Thinking about taking the plunge still. I read on the FAQ that Woot suggests contacting the manufacturer if you end up getting a bad refurb. Anyone have any idea what the success rate of those requests are? The last option is to request a refund, but you'll have to pay return shipping, and I don't feel like possibly spending the cost of return shipping just to see if I receive a good refurb. Any helpful info?

Mawgy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mawgy
svrommelvs wrote:I sold my Razer Anasi at a loss and bought a logitech g510 in its place. The lack of any multimedia buttons is bad, but performance was what drove me to ditch it. I have never seen worse keyboard chattering on a mechanical in my life, and after some forum hopping I found I was not the only one. If you happen to get a unit that doesn't typee liike thiiss, beware that the thumb buttons aren't easily assigned and hotkey possibilities are limited.

The Naga, on the other hand, is worth the glitchy software and drivers it uses. Best gaming mouse ever. I recommend the epic, sadly not available in this deal.

I would like a Razer Carcharias, but not the wired version. You play better comfortable than you do with pixel perfect response time. If you're grinding out a raid, you will succeed the money attempts if you have been happily reclined and not hunched forward, wrapped in wireless like a computer mummy.

You really don't have to worry about the wire on the Carcharias. It's more than long enough to suit any set-up I can conceive of. I can walk from my desk to the fridge with plenty of slack to spare.

wangowezz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wangowezz

Got a Nostromo from the last wootoff. Don't get one if your planning to play FPS's with it. I don't know what razer was thinking when they decided number keys weren't important. Tried binding them to the crappy joystick and the best i could do is 1-4. Better steer clean unless you only play RTS or MMO.

blastermaster728

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blastermaster728

I've bought both the Carcharias headset and the Naga from Woot.

Naga:
SO AWESOME. I haven't had any problems with it and I bought mine coming up on 2 years ago. Occasionally I will press one of the 12 buttons on accident, but you get used to it pretty quick. Here's my macros for the 12 buttons:
1 - Previous Tab
2 - Next Tab
3 - Close Tab
4 - Alt+Tab
5 - Alt+Tab+Tab
6 - Start Menu
7 - Hold down and scroll mouse wheel for on the fly sensitivity changing (a lovely feature btw, sensitivity becomes much more natural instead of a specific number)
8 - Close Program/Window (Alt+F4 basically)
9 - Switch Window to other monitor
10 - Text paste function
11 - Process Manager
12 - Enter button (surprisingly useful on a mouse)

Oh yeah and it has forward and backward buttons too, and I could change the functions of those and any other button on the mouse (any, even turn off the glow-logo).

I know the Naga is already sold out, but if you get a chance, I'd highly recommend it if you like buttons and prefer to have a POWER-MOUSE instead of a boring mouse.

Aaaasss for the Carcharias, they feel very comfortable and awesome, and I was using them for audio-output only, not bothering with the microphone until I needed it, but then I finally go to use my mic and it doesn't respond. I'm positive it's the mic because I've tested it in other devices and other (crappy old) mics in those devices too. So it was a DOA mic, that I didn't discover until much later, and I emailed Woot, but no reply, so I think I'm s.o.l. but I still enjoy them for their sound qualities and general comfiness.
Also, the cord can sometimes be TOO long if you're like me and sit next to a desktop.

Hey Woot, I see you seem to have lots of extra Carcharias headsets... wanna replace mine? ;D [preez?]

lisse

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lisse

About the Carcharias - I'm a petite girl with a small head and they are obviously not my size. Even adjusting them as small as they get, they are two big.

However, the microphone sounds great and gets lots of complements from my friends and other than the size thing, they are really comfortable. So, I now have a "gaming hat" that I wear and it's all good.

jim888

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jim888
lisse wrote:About the Carcharias - I'm a petite girl with a small head and they are obviously not my size. Even adjusting them as small as they get, they are two big.

However, the microphone sounds great and gets lots of complements from my friends and other than the size thing, they are really comfortable. So, I now have a "gaming hat" that I wear and it's all good.

did you get the Carcharias?

I ordered 2 one for me an one for a friend whos Carcharias just went out on him and we both got the Electra instead

inkycatz

jim888 wrote:did you get the Carcharias?

I ordered 2 one for me an one for a friend whos Carcharias just went out on him and we both got the Electra instead

Hey there!

Wrong product? Please let support@woot.com know!