Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Check it out:

Woot's goes Mobile! (Finally)

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pfautzj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pfautzj

Is refurb ok on a vacuum or is it not worth it? This is the vacuum I've been waiting on but I'm hesitant.

jnelson203

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jnelson203
pfautzj wrote:Is refurb ok on a vacuum or is it not worth it? This is the vacuum I've been waiting on but I'm hesitant.

I bought a refurbished Dyson tank vacuum. It works fantastic and they even offered me a new tank if the one I had wasn't "clean" enough for me.

callthekiteman

quality posts: 18 Private Messages callthekiteman

It really sucks. ;)

I bought this same model from woot! awhile ago. It was a refurb and sadly needed some more work done but Dyson was great about it and it didn't cost me a penny. Quick and easy and I was back to vacuuming.

elicitron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elicitron

pfautzj, I have a refurbed Dyson I bought online in 2005. It's still working like a charm. Plus, the 2 times I've had a question, Dyson's customer service phone line has always been more than helpful. HTH!

obadillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obadillo

Isn't the DC33 better?

Woot's Moofi has it at the same price

http://moofi.woot.com/offers/dyson-dc33-multi-floor-vacuum-12

ki4rxm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ki4rxm
obadillo wrote:Isn't the DC33 better?

Woot's Moofi has it at the same price

http://moofi.woot.com/offers/dyson-dc33-multi-floor-vacuum-12

Assuming that since this beast is purple, it is probably the DC17 Animal model, here is the comparo:

Brushbar Control Type
The brush control button of DC17 is located next to the ON/OFF switch, so you do not have to bend down to control; whereas the brushbar control of DC33 is on the cleaner head thus you have to bend down to turn it on/off.

Suction Power
DC17 has a suction power of 220 air watts while DC33 has 240 air watts.

Tools
DC17 comes with a mini turbine head, carpet care kit, and low reach floor tool, whereas DC33 comes with combination accessory tool and stair tool.

Bin Capacity
DC17 has a bin capacity of 0.625 gallons while DC33 has a 0.61 gallon bin.

Weight
DC33 is lighter than DC17.
DC17 weighs 20.79 pounds while DC33 weighs 17.6 pounds.

Borrowed from here:http://vacuumcleanerreviewszone.com/dyson-dc17-vs-dc33-review-what-is-the-difference-252.html

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Maintenance and Repair Video

Choppy Unboxing video.

Thats all i got for now

johntracker

quality posts: 3 Private Messages johntracker
pfautzj wrote:Is refurb ok on a vacuum or is it not worth it? This is the vacuum I've been waiting on but I'm hesitant.

I have 5 Dyson Vacs. 2 were bought as refurbs and were like new.

Our original DC02 (bought in 1997) is still working just fine in one of my offices.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy this if I could justify a 6th (granted, 2 are handhelds but 6 would still turn me into some sort of "crazy vacuum man".

donslin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages donslin

WOW!!! A Dyson on Woot!! Whoda thought??!!

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Time for one: previous woot-off was also $199.99, but I'm linking to the $229.99 non woot-off sale
http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5181629

with my comment:

whatsamattaU wrote:November 24, 2010: $359.99 NEW vs. $229.99 refurb tonight: 169 comments
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4239721

Manual:
http://media.dyson.com/downloads/us/floorcare/manuals/dc17_opmanual_usa.pdf

via support page:
http://content.dyson.com/support/help.asp?article=32

To borrow from Nightghost and jessiebyrd004

DC17 parts
http://www.dyson.com/parts/variant-parts.aspx?pid=DC17-ANIMAL

alatest score 68:
http://alatest.com/reviews/vacuum-reviews/dyson-dc17-absolute-animal/po3-61933103,340/

expotv review:
http://www.expotv.com/videos/reviews/13/144/DysonAbsoluteDC17Animal/269151

Via falls vacuum:

DC25 vs. DC17:

and a few more videos:
Cleaning cyclone tubes in cannister:

Maintenance/repair:

HSN's 23 minute video:

you get the idea.

Bye

For the refurb Q, look at my link in the signature below. I realize one of the videos from the old post duplicates CowboyDann. I hope you don't mind. Bye.

grmin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grmin

That can be used 220V?

khennig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khennig

I got a dyson refurb before. There was a problem with one part but Dyson replaced it free of charge, no questions asked -- they just shipped it to me.

Worth the savings. I am happy with the vacuum. Has been working for about four years now.

inc0gnito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inc0gnito
johntracker wrote:I have 5 Dyson Vacs. 2 were bought as refurbs and were like new.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy this if I could justify a 6th (granted, 2 are handhelds but 6 would still turn me into some sort of "crazy vacuum man".

I think 5 already catapults you into "crazy vacuum man" territory. :-)

mcogan1966

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mcogan1966

I bought one of these, new, in 2004 when I bought my house. 8 years on, it still runs great. Wouldn't trade it for any other. Well worth the price, and Dyson fully supports their entire line. You get their product, you get their guarantee it's good.

richiers

quality posts: 3 Private Messages richiers
inc0gnito wrote:I think 5 already catapults you into "crazy vacuum man" territory. :-)

no they upped that to 6 now ,have 6 your crazy vacuum man.lol

jdcamp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jdcamp

Does anyone else find the "First sucker: " comment ironic on these vacuum sales?

calvecg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages calvecg

Just bought the 33 on Woot last week, got it on Tuesday. You can't tell it from new coming out of the box. It's quieter than I thought it would be. Works great, my wife vacuumed all the rugs right away to see how much it picked up. She's happy, so I'm happy! I'll be sending in the registration card, hoping to score the 5 year (vs 6 month) warranty. Wish me luck!

rvnrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rvnrock

Bought a refurb Dyson on Woot a couple of years ago and it's still going strong - was a great deal...

Rockart

TheRaven

quality posts: 10 Private Messages TheRaven
johntracker wrote:I have 5 Dyson Vacs. 2 were bought as refurbs and were like new.

No, I'm pretty sure 5 did that. ;-)

MLEisme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MLEisme
rvnrock wrote:Bought a refurb Dyson on Woot a couple of years ago and it's still going strong - was a great deal...

Ditto! Couldn't be happier with my refurbed Dyson from Woot! (for half a dozen years now).

BigRobi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigRobi

What's the difference between a DC-17 and a DC-14 other than 3

Toscano1948

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Toscano1948

Well worth it. We have two now, both from Woot. Dyson is the best.

Toscano1948

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Toscano1948

We have two German Shepherds. When it's raining, they play downstairs where there is carpet. After buying our first Dyson on Woot, I tested it. Used a top of the line Hoover with a bag first. Then went over the same carpet with the Dyson. The Dyson tank was filled with dog hair that, obviously, the Hoover couldn't handle. I'm a believer. Be skeptical of Dyson critics. They have an agenda.

redfalconf35

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redfalconf35

Grr, one second too slow. I should've pulled the trigger 5 min ago. I refreshed the page, clicked the buy button, but it sold out while i was confirming my sign in info. Booo!

dswillig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dswillig

Same here :-(

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Look at it this way. It's not like they'll never sell a Dyson again,... unless someone knows something I don't. Seeing they already brought a second sale on regular woot, and given their pattern the last few weeks, there might be another sellout woot item coming up soon. Maybe another Dyson.

cdubbya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdubbya

RATS! Missed it! Stupid work email, taking all my time...

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity

PLEASE, let this be the last Dyson ever sold on any of the woot affiliated sites.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

zxinfinity wrote:PLEASE, let this be the last Dyson ever sold on any of the woot affiliated sites.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.