zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

artlouis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artlouis

$49 at Walmart.

[MOD: Also Not Available at This Time]

rhycochet

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rhycochet

could be a good camera to have on hand that you don't mind loosing. i wouldn't mind taking it from you, either...it's pretty sleek.

but for the touted functionalities, aside from the physical zoom and the whole "camera" look...i'd opt for a sony bloggie...and incarnation should do.

d1575

quality posts: 2 Private Messages d1575

Same price as on the mothership... 74.99 with "free super saver shipping"

Krisis86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Krisis86

Anyone know if it has a picture burst setting? I have to be able to hold the shutter down, have the camera take continuous shots for as long as I'm holding it. Otherwise I'd never get a good picture of my autistic 4 year old speedball.

I love my Canon Power-shot but this might be a good one to heave as a back up (Canon is currently being repaired and its absence hurts me.)

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU
d1575 wrote:Same price as on the mothership... 74.99 with "free super saver shipping"

One more entry.
It's a third party distributor (Electronics Club), so Woot's not likely going to lower the price in comparison (but we'll see):
http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-C1550BLU-Easyshare-C1550-Blue/dp/B0050I56A6

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Krisis86 wrote:Anyone know if it has a picture burst setting? I have to be able to hold the shutter down, have the camera take continuous shots for as long as I'm holding it. Otherwise I'd never get a good picture of my autistic 4 year old speedball.

I love my Canon Power-shot but this might be a good one to heave as a back up (Canon is currently being repaired and its absence hurts me.)

Here's the manual and I see a section "Using burst".

Hope that helps.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn
Krisis86 wrote:Anyone know if it has a picture burst setting? I have to be able to hold the shutter down, have the camera take continuous shots for as long as I'm holding it. Otherwise I'd never get a good picture of my autistic 4 year old speedball.

You need a DSLR for the kind of shots you want to take. Neither the focusing system nor the buffer are set up for that kind of photography. It's like the difference between a film camera motor drive and a simple film winder.

Your repeated shots may not "burst" fast enough and the shutter speed certainly will not be fast enough to stop action in anything other than bright light.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

Folks, this is a 70-buck camera. No magic fairly dust here.

OK for snapshots, but not for extreme shooting, indoors "gym" action shots, low light hand-held work, etc.

You get what you pay for and you need to get the right tool for the job if you want to push the envelope.

snosbig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages snosbig

I own the 12 MP version of the same camera & I really love it. It's small, zoom works great & the screen is excelant. I say for the price ya can't beat it.

Deelightful1956

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deelightful1956
artlouis wrote:$49 at Walmart.

I bought one at Walmart & it was junk! Everytime I put a sd card in it the camera would shut off! And it's not the first Kodak camera I had that was junk! So needless to say I won't buy Kodak cameras!

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Amazon = $99.99
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=kodak+easyshare+1550&tag=dealswoot-20&index=aps&hvadid=9232527488&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=475568&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1768827663142851&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_5jkmhmnuel_b

Ebay = 79.99
http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Kodak-EASYSHARE-C1550-16-0-MP-Digital-Camera-Blue-/108972211

All above new in box. Found Referb for, $64.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kodak-EASYSHARE-C1550-16-0-MP-Digital-Camera-Blue-/280996927290?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item416cb8d73a

So Woot price is right if you like and want this camera. Here are 79 reviews to help you decide for yourself.

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Kodak-EASYSHARE-C1550-16-0-MP-Digital-Camera-Blue-/108972211#pbe-rvws

charliecarroll

radi0j0hn wrote:Folks, this is a 70-buck camera. No magic fairly dust here.

OK for snapshots, but not for extreme shooting, indoors "gym" action shots, low light hand-held work, etc.

You get what you pay for and you need to get the right tool for the job if you want to push the envelope.

It is what it is, a snap shot point and shoot. It was never intended to push the envelope. I have filters for my SLR lens's that cost as much as this camera but I still own and use a point and shoot too. You are right about indoor action shots but even a $600 camera body with a $400 zoom is not going to work with the pop up flash on that body. But for snap shots of the kids birthday party to outside scenes, these things have a place and they work well for what they are. Some jobs can be done with a hoe, some need a backhoe. Two entirely different tools for two entirely different jobs.

radi0j0hn

charliecarroll wrote:It is what it is, a snap shot point and shoot. It was never intended to push the envelope. I have filters for my SLR lens's that cost as much as this camera but I still own and use a point and shoot too. You are right about indoor action shots but even a $600 camera body with a $400 zoom is not going to work with the pop up flash on that body. But for snap shots of the kids birthday party to outside scenes, these things have a place and they work well for what they are. Some jobs can be done with a hoe, some need a backhoe. Two entirely different tools for two entirely different jobs.

THAT is exactly my point. Many very casual photographers equate "digital" with "magic." Ain't so!
They seem to think that a digital camera for under $100 can do all kinds of action and tele shots that they NEVER would have tried with a similar film camera. Hence, they must expect these cameras to be infused with magic fairy dust to have them do the impossible.

radi0j0hn

Deelightful1956 wrote:I bought one at Walmart & it was junk! Everytime I put a sd card in it the camera would shut off! And it's not the first Kodak camera I had that was junk! So needless to say I won't buy Kodak cameras!

That "junk" is a safety item, as you are NOT supposed to insert or remove a card with the camera on! RTFM.

charliecarroll

artlouis wrote:$49 at Walmart.

Everybody can give huge discounts when they do not have the product available. Of course, that is the first step in the old 'bait and switch'. lol