Quality Posts

sdc100

quality posts: 504 Private Messages sdc100

Would a human head fit inside this?

Titanania

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Titanania

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
sdc100 wrote:Would a human head fit inside this?

That depends on the human.

dmccurdy_65

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmccurdy_65

I bought this a few weeks ago perfect for pasta and popcorn I love it.

dmccurdy_65

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmccurdy_65
sdc100 wrote:Would a human head fit inside this?

Yes unless they had one of those big old pumpkin heads. It is great for shrinking average sized heads and stewing brains.

catherinemcclarey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catherinemcclarey

With the sloping sides on that pot, that would limit the surface area in direct contact with the stovetop, which would limit the available area for initial browning/searing of a roast or chicken to be finished in the oven in the same pot (Dutch oven-style).
That said, this pan looks like it would be a LOT easier to heft from cupboard to stovetop to oven to counter than my enameled cast-iron Dutch ovens!

gwbaker

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gwbaker

Does it work on an induction cooktop? It is stainless steel, but the ad copy mentions an aluminum base that must be steel clad. So, I am guessing that it will not.

Old Chinese Guy Say: Man who stand on toilet, high on pot.

chaburchak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaburchak
gwbaker wrote:Does it work on an induction cooktop? It is stainless steel, but the ad copy mentions an aluminum base that must be steel clad. So, I am guessing that it will not.

Did you read the part where it said "Suitable for use on all cooktops, including induction"?

littledruid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages littledruid
gwbaker wrote:Does it work on an induction cooktop? It is stainless steel, but the ad copy mentions an aluminum base that must be steel clad. So, I am guessing that it will not.

I can verify that it works fine on an induction cooktop.

wooterm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterm

can this pot be used as a wok?

judysax84

quality posts: 1 Private Messages judysax84

I bought this when it was offered several weeks ago. It's beautiful and even though it's made by Regal, this pot was a Princess House item. The glass top is etched with their traditional design. It works great and looks great. You'd never be embarrassed to put this right on the table to serve soups, stews, etc.

tnizani

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tnizani

As a serious home cook, let me just say: Stay away from these stoopeeeed bonded-base pots and pans. They suck!!!
The temperature difference caused by the different thicknesses creates hot and cold spots which will inevitably cause scorching.
It gets even worse after you've owned them for a while because rust starts to form between the base and the rest of the pot which leads to even more temperature anomalies.

grimor

quality posts: 7 Private Messages grimor
tnizani wrote:As a serious home cook, let me just say: Stay away from these stoopeeeed bonded-base pots and pans. They suck!!!
The temperature difference caused by the different thicknesses creates hot and cold spots which will inevitably cause scorching.
It gets even worse after you've owned them for a while because rust starts to form between the base and the rest of the pot which leads to even more temperature anomalies.

which part do you think is rusting? the Aluminum or the Stainless steel?

Woots: 121 Items: 236-2 Last Woot: 05/07/2012 Woot Wage: $4,559.41

halnwheels

quality posts: 9 Private Messages halnwheels

A pot shaped like this (if it has no corners at the inside bottom) is good for cooking rice. That being said, it does look a little thin. The Hispanics (my wife is) are pretty serious about cooking rice correctly and I think the brand of their choice is Tucocina.

catherinemcclarey wrote:With the sloping sides on that pot, that would limit the surface area in direct contact with the stovetop, which would limit the available area for initial browning/searing of a roast or chicken to be finished in the oven in the same pot (Dutch oven-style).
That said, this pan looks like it would be a LOT easier to heft from cupboard to stovetop to oven to counter than my enameled cast-iron Dutch ovens!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
judysax84 wrote:I bought this when it was offered several weeks ago. It's beautiful and even though it's made by Regal, this pot was a Princess House item. The glass top is etched with their traditional design. It works great and looks great. You'd never be embarrassed to put this right on the table to serve soups, stews, etc.

can anyone verify this is Princess house? I have a oval roaster I got from Princess house that I LOVE!

msalzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msalzer
mommadeb1 wrote:can anyone verify this is Princess house? I have a oval roaster I got from Princess house that I LOVE!

I ordered one about a month or so ago and yes it was Princess House - this looks just like it and I am thinking about getting another one for a friend.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
msalzer wrote:I ordered one about a month or so ago and yes it was Princess House - this looks just like it and I am thinking about getting another one for a friend.

thanks!