dghoppe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dghoppe

Great camera! I love it. Just one problem, it is ergonomically unhandy. There is no natural grip for the left side and I end up with holding down the pop-up flash.

Dale G. Hoppe

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
friartek wrote:If a digital viewfinder will do the Z990 is a good option. It actually is a much better camera then this one. It is 12 MP, but the other features more then make up for that. I bought two of them and I'm very pleased. Amazon still has the camera and a bundle. Click on the style button to see bundle. Still don't know why the bundle is $36 dollars cheaper, but it makes for a better deal and actually puts it closer to the price Woot sold them for. Unless Woot finds some more of these somewhere they sold out of the Z990 and the last few went during a Woot-off.

I already pointed to the previous discussion of this camera and it also discussed the Z990. In fact almost every time this camera has come up for sale, the Z990 was part of the discussion.

That doesn't make the Z5120 a bad camera, it just has a different feature set.

Also, I just noticed that the Z5120 is now sold out. Congrats to those who got a great buy.

Thanks for the info.

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
ltava wrote:Why don't these cameras have a view finder???? The screen is tough to see in sunlight.

One word: MONEY. Or profit per camera, whatever. But there are some that have a viewfinder, such as the Kodak Z990, which has also been available here. Much better camera, so see if you can find one somewhere.

j647

quality posts: 1 Private Messages j647
dotvezz wrote:Unfortunately, no. They only ship in the continental US (Which means I'm out of luck in Hawaii now =(...)

so you get to live in Hawaii but can't buy from woot..much as I love woot, I think you're +1 on this...

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
davepittpa wrote:Does this camera do 640 by 480 still pictures? I need to take pictures for work that I can upload to the internet without the file size being too big. I can use rechargable batteries for this camera, which is my only other issue with a camera that uses batteries instead of a rechargable Li-on pack. However, I have to take 640 by 480 stills.

Usually, yes. You can also batch resize with a free software editor, Irfanview from irfanview.com. I show this and about 4 other 100% free editors in an article in the photo section of acpress.com.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

woodaw wrote:Does this have a continuous shooting capability? My kids swim and I end of taking continuous shots so I can get that one "good one". Thanks!

Generally the burst mode on these cheaper cameras is not nearly as good on a DSLR.

radi0j0hn

polkmc wrote:Is the camera very loud when in use? I would like to use it to photograph wildlife without alerting them to my presence. Thanks for the help...

It will be quieter than a DSLR with a flapping mirror box. And usually you can go into the setup menu and turn off the beeps. But don't expect National Geographic quality nature shots with a hundred buck camera.

radi0j0hn

bunnymasseuse wrote:Was there any resolve of the issues with this camera and customer complaints about software access? I get the impression that the driver links in previous offerings either didn't work or the easy share software was no longer available.

Forget EasyShare. Buy a card reader and stick the card in it.

creativity6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages creativity6
radi0j0hn wrote:In the Army, they said, "Get the right tool for the job!"

Perhaps your camera takes "HORRIBLE indoor pictures" because it was not designed to take indoor pictures without a flash!

Buyers need to ask: Do you understand what apertures are? Do you understand what ISO is? How about shutter speeds? Most important, do you understand how they are related?

Were both cameras you mentioned set at the same ISO and aperture, and were you shooting the same scene? If that was true, then you have a valid observation.

We all want the $100 MFD1 (Magic Fairy Dust) camera that does everything perfectly with no training on our part. But it is not yet available.
And you may find the camera performs better if properly set and used in a situation within it's limitations.

I am an art major in college and am in fact quite familiar with Aperture and ISO settings (photography is a graduation requirement). i have tried indoor shots with or without flash, and the outdoor photos aren't very clear as well. Maybe I just got the bad one out of the bunch!

georgenmartha

quality posts: 1 Private Messages georgenmartha

I too bought this camera first time around for 149.99. The only depressing thing I have about it is you better use a tripod if you zoom in at all on anything. I bought the purple one, love the color and have had lots of comments about it. Had to download the actual manual and print it. 80+ pages. Still trying to perfect taking pictures with it, and the manuals help of course.

wootingwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootingwoot

Just got the camera today and it's great but it did not come with a case or strap as stated in Woot's Description...

"Includes black Kodak Zoom Camera Case with adjustable strap"

VooDooPC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VooDooPC
wootingwoot wrote:Just got the camera today and it's great but it did not come with a case or strap as stated in Woot's Description...

Jeez, you already got yours? I ordered two day shipping. They say it will get here Friday the 4th, tomorrow, but it says it's not even shipped yet.

I will be bummed out if I paid for two day shipping and don't get it before Monday.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

VooDooPC wrote:Jeez, you already got yours? I ordered two day shipping. They say it will get here Friday the 4th, tomorrow, but it says it's not even shipped yet.

I will be bummed out if I paid for two day shipping and don't get it before Monday.

If you don't get your package by tomorrow, please feel free to email us at service@woot.com and let us know.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

lhoward31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lhoward31
wootingwoot wrote:Just got the camera today and it's great but it did not come with a case or strap as stated in Woot's Description...

Hm...can the moderators clarify ? I sure hope we get the case as stated...
Thanks !

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

lhoward31 wrote:Hm...can the moderators clarify ? I sure hope we get the case as stated...
Thanks !

Loud and clear. I'm sending to the buyer now to clarify. Feel free to email into service@woot.com as well to let them know you didn't receive the accessory.
I'll post here if it turns out to just be a single phenomena/case.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

Update: Just found out that the case ships separately from the camera. If you don't receive it in a couple days, go ahead and contact service@woot.com.

VooDooPC

ROGETRAY wrote:If you don't get your package by tomorrow, please feel free to email us at service@woot.com and let us know.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

I just got the tracking information in my e-mail a few minutes ago. Says it was shipped Yesterday and will arrive Tomorrow. Thanks.

georgenmartha

ROGETRAY wrote:Loud and clear. I'm sending to the buyer now to clarify. Feel free to email into service@woot.com as well to let them know you didn't receive the accessory.
I'll post here if it turns out to just be a single phenomena/case.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

Update: Just found out that the case ships separately from the camera. If you don't receive it in a couple days, go ahead and contact service@woot.com.

georgenmartha

georgenmartha wrote:

I received the case separately but don't expect a neck strap, had to buy my own. The strap you see with the accessories is for the lens cap. I also bought 2 day shipping and that morning it didn't show before the weekend and I was about to get a hold of woot when the man with the box showed...

VooDooPC

I think the "with adjustable strap" is referring to the adjustable strap on the case. Not an adjustable neck strap or a wrist strap for the camera.

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek

FYI - If anyone is interested Woot has a camera sale going on linked from the woot.com page to Say Cheese Cheese! SAY IT!! One item still available as of this writing is the Kodak Z990 digital camera mentioned earlier in this discussion.

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 590 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

VooDooPC wrote:I think the "with adjustable strap" is referring to the adjustable strap on the case. Not an adjustable neck strap or a wrist strap for the camera.

Exactly.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

merlincoyote

quality posts: 1 Private Messages merlincoyote

And the lack of included neck strap was highly annoying. But I like the camera anyway.

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

I have deep regret that I did not buy a spare for backup. I love love love this kodak camera. I have had it since this afternoon and I deem it better than my canon 30d, that cost me 1500 when I got it years ago.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

kargo27

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kargo27

Watch out for the batteries that come with it. We've had it for 2 months and one of the batteries leaked and ruined it! Keep your receipt if you need to warranty it.