0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

skou

quality posts: 21 Private Messages skou

Can ANYONE see just how RACIST these are?

Or, does racism not count if the ox that is gored is WHITE??

Replace Jeff Foxworthy with a BLACK comedian, and see what happens! You'd be KILLED for overt racism! :D

Yes, my tongue is FIRMLY lodged in my cheek. (Speaking of Lodge, how 'bout some more?))

steve

wilcononomous

quality posts: 20 Private Messages wilcononomous

If I remember correctly, these are not a solid piece of glass & the stem has a tendency to break off / become unglued.

dunderhead

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dunderhead

After a bland day seeing this made me laugh Seems like a nice conversation piece.

regards,
dunderhead

polysorbate

quality posts: 7 Private Messages polysorbate

Anyone of any color can be a redneck. It's a religion you see. Much like the Jedi and the Pirate party.

skou wrote:Can ANYONE see just how RACIST these are?

Or, does racism not count if the ox that is gored is WHITE??

Replace Jeff Foxworthy with a BLACK comedian, and see what happens! You'd be KILLED for overt racism! :D

Yes, my tongue is FIRMLY lodged in my cheek. (Speaking of Lodge, how 'bout some more?))

steve

bambrose

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bambrose

When the stem unhooks from the jar, how do you glue it back on?

alanhwoot

quality posts: 39 Private Messages alanhwoot

Yep, they're just standard mason jars with a stem glued to the bottom. Hence the "hand wash only" warning. For what it's worth, you can get a dozen of the jars for $11.18 at Amazon, sans the high-falutin' stems.

polysorbate

quality posts: 7 Private Messages polysorbate
bambrose wrote:When the stem unhooks from the jar, how do you glue it back on?

You have to know how to weld

MyPooka

quality posts: 16 Private Messages MyPooka
wilcononomous wrote:If I remember correctly, these are not a solid piece of glass & the stem has a tendency to break off / become unglued.

That sort of verifies what I thought when looking at the picture. These look like Mason jars with a candle holder on the bottom. I knew it wasn't a single piece of glass. Either way, I'll pass. (My Mason jars fit my hand. No stem required.)

bambrose

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bambrose

Woot is charging sales tax on the shipping!!!! Count me out.

wilcononomous

quality posts: 20 Private Messages wilcononomous

Loctite 233841 Super Glass Glue

motherofsix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages motherofsix

If you own these... A tube of Poligrip should do the trick :P

eponacelt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eponacelt

I'd be curious to know if Jeff Foxworthy knows that he's endorsing these. Or, if Ball glass feels knowing that someone is essentially repackaging their famous jars, logo and all.

What's more? the "stems" on these are honest to goodness the candle sticks from your local Dollar Tree. Get yourself some 5-6000 glue from your local craft supplier, Dollar Tree candle sticks, and a case of Ball Jars and you're in business. That's obviously what this Kountry Krystal company did. What a joke.

OneComputerKid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages OneComputerKid
eponacelt wrote:I'd be curious to know if Jeff Foxworthy knows that he's endorsing these. Or, if Ball glass feels knowing that someone is essentially repackaging their famous jars, logo and all.

What's more? the "stems" on these are honest to goodness the candle sticks from your local Dollar Tree. Get yourself some 5-6000 glue from your local craft supplier, Dollar Tree candle sticks, and a case of Ball Jars and you're in business. That's obviously what this Kountry Krystal company did. What a joke.

You can even add red solo cup wine glasses to your collection with the same method. Go overboard and glue some old cans on top.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bambrose wrote:Woot is charging sales tax on the shipping!!!! Count me out.

Sales tax is always charged on shipping.

What state?

Effective September 1, 2012, Woot, Inc. was required to begin collecting sales tax on orders shipped to destinations in Kentucky and Pennsylvania.

Effective September 15, 2012, Woot, Inc. was required to begin collecting sales tax on orders shipped to destinations in California.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

CraigVerb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CraigVerb

I'm pretty sure these are honey boo boo child's Kool aid glasses.

roni24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roni24
CraigVerb wrote:I'm pretty sure these are honey boo boo child's Kool aid glasses.

In honey boo boo childs own words, "You better redneckognize"

haydesigner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages haydesigner

I find these fairly amusing actually.
However, I could think of absolutely no situation that I would ever fathom even thinking of using them.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

YaWn! I got out of bed to check Woot. I bought 3 of these for my longtime wife. I know she loves Mason Jars when we have company for beer so she'll love these too. I don't want them to sell out.

I'll have the wife look at the TV for the MBR in the morn with me. Any information on it? 32" Toshiba LED is too small in a 28 footlong by 20 foot wide bedroom. Rediculous because I can't see it and I'm closer to the TV then she is.

Back to the princess and the pea bed. Showing my age with bedtime stories my elderly Mother use to tell me n my sister. Goodnite fellow wooters. Spend some money for me. Haaaaaa,.....

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

wolfchik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfchik

wow. coincidence? i just saw these Last Night at my local Dollar Tree... $4 gets you 2 canning jars and 2 candlesticks... just add epoxy and you're done!

Deal? not so much.

StevieSegel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages StevieSegel
wolfchik wrote:wow. coincidence? i just saw these Last Night at my local Dollar Tree... $4 gets you 2 canning jars and 2 candlesticks... just add epoxy and you're done!

Deal? not so much.

I was just thinking that exact same thing!

Stephanie
over 40 shirt.woots (and an apron), and I don't have a thing to wear...

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1071 Private Messages whatsamattaU

last help. $11.99, $1 more, last July

http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5103705

good night

rckwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rckwoot
bambrose wrote:Woot is charging sales tax on the shipping!!!! Count me out.

Don't blame Woot, blame your politicians. My state does the same, albeit not with Woot... at least not yet.

Fluffy215

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Fluffy215

They sell homemade ones of these at the flea market for $6 a piece plus sales tax. They use E6000 for the glue which you can buy at walmart.

Mischief101

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mischief101

It's called Duck Tape. I know we used it on everything!

Does that show how redneck me and my family are?

PAPOY!

Mischief101

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mischief101
CraigVerb wrote:I'm pretty sure these are honey boo boo child's Kool aid glasses.

HAHAHAHA!!!! ROTFLMAO!

We've started calling her Bubba Boo Boo! LOL.

PAPOY!

nmill005

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nmill005

Could make an interesting gift exchange gift...

audioimagez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audioimagez

After one use of these glasses, the stems detached when they were washed. While they are neat conversation pieces, they aren't very good if you actually intend to use them.

We received them as a gift. So no big deal for us. But I wouldn't buy them.

bigshtank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bigshtank

If I went to someone's house that had these, I'd do them a favor and give them five across the eye to knock some sense into them.

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge
ThunderThighs wrote:Sales tax is always charged on shipping.

What state?

Effective September 1, 2012, Woot, Inc. was required to begin collecting sales tax on orders shipped to destinations in Kentucky and Pennsylvania.

Effective September 15, 2012, Woot, Inc. was required to begin collecting sales tax on orders shipped to destinations in California.

What? Pennsylvania too? But... How can you expect us to handle the stress of additional taxes if you won't ship us wine? This injustice will not stand.

TT, I know it's not your fault, or woot's fault, or even Amazon's fault. But complaining here is much easier than writing my representative, or even, God forbid, voting.

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge
audioimagez wrote:After one use of these glasses, the stems detached when they were washed. While they are neat conversation pieces, they aren't very good if you actually intend to use them.

We received them as a gift. So no big deal for us. But I wouldn't buy them.

We also received them as a gift, and these are not dishwasher safe. Says so on the label. The epoxy used to hold the mason jar to the candlestick is waterproof, but not heat proof.

They are novelty glasses. Hand wash only. But hey, even if the epoxy fails, at least you're left with a mason jar and a candlestick!

tim74

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tim74
eponacelt wrote:I'd be curious to know if Jeff Foxworthy knows that he's endorsing these. Or, if Ball glass feels knowing that someone is essentially repackaging their famous jars, logo and all.

Nobody is going to use that franchise without permission. Foxworthy can barely stand the redneck thing himself anymore so he's at least going to make sure he makes a few bucks on it when products are endorsed.

I find his whining about the redneck jokes these days pretty poor form considering he created it and it made him a super millionaire.

That's part of the risk of being an entertainer. If you hit the right spot, that may be what you're stuck with for quite some time. Just ask Erkle or Screech.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

takethemeatbridge wrote:What? Pennsylvania too? But... How can you expect us to handle the stress of additional taxes if you won't ship us wine? This injustice will not stand.

TT, I know it's not your fault, or woot's fault, or even Amazon's fault. But complaining here is much easier than writing my representative, or even, God forbid, voting.

Complaining might be just about as useful as writing your rep as well.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

With the screw caps, you could always fashion a nice lid and maybe a straw holder (I'm thinking parchment or wax paper for one use or some kind of fabric for reusable). This would keep out bugs if you were outside and had any time of drink that attracted them (ok, let's face it that's pretty much every drink).

I bet you could make these into fancy redneck candles too - make a candle inside the jar

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

mrlumpy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrlumpy
nmill005 wrote:Could make an interesting gift exchange gift...

My exact thought...kinda bummed I missed these.

BigCheeze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigCheeze

I'm PO'd that I missed these. There are so many family members that would actually love and use these. Drat my luck.

cigarjack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cigarjack

This just won't work... you lose the stability of the wide base of the mason jar when you put it on that silly candlestick. I wouldn't want to waste a drop of Boone's best now would I.

dgc27185

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dgc27185

HAHA I have a really good friend who makes these. She even dresses them up with a small ribbon if you'd like. They ***ARE*** Hand-Wash Only and they aren't really for drinking or heavy use, I mean let's be real - THEY ARE CONVERSATION PIECES. Sister-in-law just had a "Redneck Wedding" and she wanted the sand ceremony - we used these to hold the two different colors of sand prior to the ceremony... worked great!

lrw2706

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lrw2706

.99 cent candlesticks from the dollar store,with a regular mason jar glued on top.

pjfavia

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pjfavia

Are these appropriate for box wine, or are they for jug wine only?