LOL - I've got competition!

DCno10

quality posts: 376 Private Messages DCno10

here's the product website

and a short user manual

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

oooohhh...it's compatible with my gazillion sansa clips! looks like i'm in. <=b

p.s. BIG kudos to woot for posting the link to the compatibility chart right on the front page.

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

gnarf

quality posts: 19 Private Messages gnarf

will this work if you've had to install drivers on the PC to get the PC to charge your phone?

ie some motorola phones or some PDA phones

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

How about Lenmar's website?

Nope!

glazedfaith

quality posts: 33 Private Messages glazedfaith

What would it take to get the included cable to work with micro-USB? Do they sell additional adapters?

Trying to figure out how to keep this charged AND charge my phone with limited cabling.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 32 Private Messages dernst_ca1

In 4 3

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

thesamurai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thesamurai

for anyone that is wondering, 2.5 Wh (watt-hours) is 1 Ah 1000 mAh (milliamp hours) at 5V and 500mA.

The average cell phone battery is between 1000 and 2000 mAh, completely dead 0% to full 100%.

my samsung moment phone has a 1300 mAh battery.

reeb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reeb

can you use any usb cable with these?

NightGhost

These could be useful if you're on the go - say, on a camping trip. But can you run your device, or do you have to wait until it recharges?

jting

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jting

It says that an Apple adapter is included - does this mean that it can work for both for iPods and iPhones?

poppuyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poppuyo
jting wrote:It says that an Apple adapter is included - does this mean that it can work for both for iPods and iPhones?

According to Amazon, yes, it should work for iPods and iPhones.

Edit: iPhone 3GS owner... in for 3.

KcasMij

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KcasMij

Anyone know the MilliAmp Rating of the USB woot lights? If its less then 500 milliAmps then Portable Woot Lights!!

wootchawant

to all who are asking "will this work with my..." questions: save time and headaches by skimming through the compatibility doc linked through the woot description. i know that reading is hard, but i have faith that you can do this.

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

glazedfaith

Answered my own question. Looks like you can use any usb cable with this, and they offer one with several extra tips. Even though it costs twice as much as this for the additional cable, the combined cost is still less than anything else even remotely similar.

http://www.lenmar.com/Web/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=PPT-SMRT

reeb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reeb
jting wrote:It says that an Apple adapter is included - does this mean that it can work for both for iPods and iPhones?

* Note: The Lenmar PowerPort Mini External Battery Pack is also compatible with the iPhone 3GS

dhlolds1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dhlolds1
poppuyo wrote:According to Amazon, yes, it should work for iPods and iPhones.

Edit: iPhone 3GS owner... in for 3.

on the makers website its says ipone 3gs wont work. i own a 3gs also but dont nbow if i should get one of these or not.

the man who knows how will always have a job. The man who also knows why will always be his boss

NightGhost

The compatibility table says it's not compatible with my 3rd gen ipod touch. But can't I just use my USB cable?

tbyte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbyte
KcasMij wrote:Anyone know the MilliAmp Rating of the USB woot lights? If its less then 500 milliAmps then Portable Woot Lights!!

The USB standard specifies 500 mA max per port, so yes the Woot lights are 500 or less.

PumpkinPieIsHot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PumpkinPieIsHot

"And how would you possibly end that phone call, if your failing battery didn’t end it for you?"

I believe the impending doom would do that for you.

JustSayErin!

wootchawant

dhlolds1 wrote:on the makers website its says ipone 3gs wont work. i own a 3gs also but dont nbow if i should get one of these or not.

why look to external sites? the main woot page tells you that these have 3GS compatibility.

baffles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baffles

Woot Info Post
wooters.us eats babies!

Lenmar PowerPort Mini External Battery Pack [New] - $4.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Lenmar PPUMINI Powerport Mini Li-Ion Battery Pack

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

glazedfaith

Any idea how long one of these will hold a charge?

My phone gets dismal battery life and I'd like to keep an extra one of these in my desk at work for those days that run extra long, but I am terrible at preparing, so I don't want to have to charge the battery charger daily.

No, I don't always have a computer I can plug my phone into.

glazedfaith

PumpkinPieIsHot wrote:"And how would you possibly end that phone call, if your failing battery didn’t end it for you?"

I believe the impending doom would do that for you.

+1

turtlegir1

quality posts: 33 Private Messages turtlegir1

Wow, really wish I had one of these before the snowstorms when my power was out for over 2 days....would have been great for not worrying as much about my cell phone dying and maybe getting to listen to some music....think I will be in for one and hope I charge it before the next one!

dhlolds1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dhlolds1
dhlolds1 wrote:on the makers website its says ipone 3gs wont work. i own a 3gs also but dont nbow if i should get one of these or not.

to wootchawant

thanks i did not read that part. put keyboard in mouth. im in 4 3

the man who knows how will always have a job. The man who also knows why will always be his boss

glazedfaith

NightGhost wrote:These could be useful if you're on the go - say, on a camping trip. But can you run your device, or do you have to wait until it recharges?

It looks like it puts out 500mA which is about standard for cell-phone chargers, so I don't see why you couldn't use it while charging, except that people would laugh at you for having a pink brick hanging from your phone.

On the other hand, if you're like me, and own a Palm Pre, whose OEM charger puts out 1A or 1000mA, then you'll notice that a charger like this barely charges your device if you are using it at the time, but is usually sufficient to save you from a dead battery.

Nevertheless, I guess I'm in for two.

EDIT: Make that 3...what's the point of buying two for 15 when you can get three for 20?

DreadThePillow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DreadThePillow

does this mean i can use my zune's sync cable to charge it? it's not on the chart but it looks like you can plug in any old usb cable.

glazedfaith

DreadThePillow wrote:does this mean i can use my zune's sync cable to charge it? it's not on the chart but it looks like you can plug in any old usb cable.

It claims to recharge/power any USB-compatible cell phone, PDA, media player, etc. so I would say yes.

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926

Awesome. I haven't Wooted in a while, but this is just what I need for work. I can recharge this at night and let my Zune/Sansa (yup, I use both daily!) eat up the charge rather than waste their own. Thanks, Woot!

glazedfaith

wizard7926 wrote:Awesome. I haven't Wooted in a while, but this is just what I need for work. I can recharge this at night and let my Zune/Sansa (yup, I use both daily!) eat up the charge rather than waste their own. Thanks, Woot!

DreadThePillow wrote:does this mean i can use my zune's sync cable to charge it? it's not on the chart but it looks like you can plug in any old usb cable.

I retract my former statement. Judging by the slow charging I get on 500mA output chargers with my Palm Pre, which is accustomed to 1A, the Zune might or might not even recognize 500mA as more than you rubbing your feet on carpet, as the OEM Zune charger appears to output 1.5A, making this less than half the Manufacturers recommended charging voltage.

Buy at your own risk. If it works, let us know!

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

will these work with HTC Hero GSM version?

soliver

quality posts: 27 Private Messages soliver

I bought an iPhone last week and I am already thinking about easy ways to add to the battery life. I stream study MP3s to the phone and it gobbles up the juice.

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

The black version is now out of stock. Glad I decided quickly!

glazedfaith

rom wrote:will these work with HTC Hero GSM version?

Looks like the Hero takes a 1.5A charger as well, if I'm not mistaken, so you may run into the same problems as discussed in the aforementioned post.

PrincessNybor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PrincessNybor

Found the blue, red, and pink flavors at Amazon for $7.99 each. They also claim these are 3.8Wh versions, but I couldn't find any such creature on Lenmar's site, so I'd take that with a grain of salt.

I have Amazon Prime, so they win this time. Otherwise I'd be in for one.

glazedfaith

Ok, well I'm all out of useful gems, and I'm exhausted. I've ordered my 3, even got the coveted black one, so my work here is done.

sodakar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sodakar
glazedfaith wrote:Any idea how long one of these will hold a charge?

Li-ion cells are usually very good about holding a charge, and usually only lose about 20-25% of their charge a year. That's the advertised rate, and if you're talking about just the cell, then that number seems about right.

Of course, it relies on the manufacturer not putting in any energy-sapping circuitry into the device itself, though, so your mileage may vary...

Since the charger is supposedly good for two charges, if the goal is to get a single charge, then you *should* be okay letting it lie around. No promises, of course.