jfeise

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jfeise
Eliothull wrote:Which service center did you talk to? Maybe they each handle returns differently.

I called their 800-number listed on the warranty sheet: 800-269-6640.
That's the service center in Torrington, CT.

And there was no discussion at all about shipping costs. I told the lady I talked to that it doesn't beep when done, and without further ado, she said "we send you a new one, and in 10 days, UPS is going to pick up the old one. Make sure to pack it up."

It seems to me that they got order from above to handle people better who bought from Woot.
She asked me where I bought it from, and when I said, woot.com, I think I heard a quick "hmm"...

kevincope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevincope

Dear Diary,

Day number 21 of the waffle maker wait-o-thon.

Apparently the decision to fast until the 1st glorious waffle slides out all fresh and warm has been a bad choice. The hunger that has set in is making me delerious and random object are beginning to look like food. I've lost a considerable amount of wieght which is good but i have also started losing some hair. My dog is afriad to come near me ever since I put a slab of butter on her, covered it with syrup and chased it around the house. Hours are turning into days and days seem like weeks. I hope this ends before i am completely mad.

~Grumbling Tummy

P.S. Fedex still says its in NJ. That thing better get the after-burner fired up if its gonna make it here by friday which is the estimated time.

biggestmexi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages biggestmexi
mrileyatwoot wrote:Just an update to this...we checked and determined that the warranty through the manufacturer is in fact for 90 days. But, since we said one year, we mean one year so if you have any problems with it after those 90 days, write service@woot.com and we'll take care of you for the remainder of the warranty term. We apologize for the inconvenience and any related confusion from this issue. If you have any questions, please feel free to email service@woot.com and we'll be happy to address them. Thanks!

awesome!!!

got mine today and it works awesome!!!!

A++++++++

tsmbooks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsmbooks
mickyjay wrote:Mine still shows as not being shipped on Woot and Fedex hasn't heard about it either. I'm still hopeful but starting to get worried. Anyone else still showing no change to the "your all set now" page?

Ditto. Though they did charge my credit card already...

slerch666

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slerch666

Received mine about a week ago.

It was a birthday gift for my Dad.

Thinking it was a refurb and no one would send a broken unit out, I didn't try it out.

After 45 minutes of trying to get the damn thing to heat a F-ing waffle properly, we finally gave up.

The heating elements heat, but don't seem to do so evenly and the internal timer seems to be off as well, as one time it took 2 minutes to "cook," the next, 15 minutes later and it still hadn't "finished" the cooking process. Both "waffles" were exactly the same. As was the THIRD.

Scraping not even half baked waffle out of this thing is a NIGHTMARE and a 1/2. And I did it 3 times.

Called Waring and they told me to mail it to my local service center that's in the warranty book. I packed it up and it should cost ~$6 to ship back via UPS, which isn't bad if I get a working waffle maker.

Maybe I'll try to call back again and see if I can get someone who will ship me a new unit like one of the posters above...

slerch666

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slerch666

So for those of you who need to call Waring/Conair for warranty repair, here's the real process to ensure you get the same resolution as everyone else:

Call: 1-800-269-6640

Press 2 for repair,warranty and parts

When someone picks up, basically say:

"Hello. I purchased a Belgian Waffle Maker, WMK-300, from Woot.com. I need warranty repair work done."

The person on the other line should then ask you to email or fax:

Name
Address
Telephone Number
Description of the problem
Receipt from Woot.com

They will then setup a shipment via UPS of another unit (I was told "we'll send you a new one"; the caveat is I don't know if that means "BRAND NEW" or "new to you.") And after about 10 days, according to the CSR I spoke with, another box will be delivered and the defective unit returned.

For the record, the CSR I spoke with was VERY helpful and nice during the whole process. Her name was Shannon.

philet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages philet
slerch666 wrote:So for those of you who need to call Waring/Conair for warranty repair, here's the real process to ensure you get the same resolution as everyone else:

"Hello. I purchased a Belgian Waffle Maker, WMK-300, from Woot.com. I need warranty repair work done."

Name
Address
Telephone Number
Receipt from Woot.com

They will then setup a shipment via UPS of another unit (I was told "we'll send you a new one"; the caveat is I don't know if that means "BRAND NEW" or "new to you.") And after about 10 days, according to the CSR I spoke with, another box will be delivered and the defective unit returned.

For the record, the CSR I spoke with was VERY helpful and nice during the whole process. Her name was Shannon.

Same process for me too. I cancelled my Fedex shipment and did this. Emailed her my info but I haven't received a reply yet.

jfeise

slerch666 wrote:So for those of you who need to call Waring/Conair for warranty repair, here's the real process to ensure you get the same resolution as everyone else:

Name
Address
Telephone Number
Receipt from Woot.com

Yup. That's the same thing I experienced, and I actually talked to the same person.

casey00001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages casey00001

Put me down for a broken handle. Waring did a crummy job packing these in the box. Also no scoop, which the manual says should be included. Anybody have the fax number and email address yet?

gcogswell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gcogswell

I'm not a reoccurring poster like many of you here, but the arrival of my two waffle makers a few moments ago inspired me to post for the first time. Although both of my items arrived in boxes labeled as refurbished, they each appear to be in mint condition. Could it be that all of these later arriving makers are actually new items packed as refurbs? Of course, I haven't used either yet, so I might get surprised once I hook them up for use.

cinderellafreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cinderellafreak

So, I still haven't received my waffle maker. They say that it will be delivered Saturday. After that, what is it going to be? It seems most of these are arriving broken. A couple of weeks waiting for my broken waffle maker to be replaced? Definitely, my WORST woot experience yet!

mdewitte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdewitte

Add another one to the BROKEN list. I mean REALLY broken. Plastic piece shown and discussed above broken in two places with no apparent reason. Box in good shape, packed with bubble wrap and inflatable packing material. No scoop. I've emailed Waring but plan on calling during business hours tomorrow. This was my first Woot and not a good experience so far...slow shipping and broken when it gets here.

EDIT: I emailed Waring and got this response:

What we are going to do is send out a replacement wafflemaker and then have UPS come back with a Label (UPS Call Tag) to put on the box and bring it back to us.
What is the name and address to send the replacement?
UPS should show up with a label to put on the box and bring it back to us.
Once we issue the call tag electronically to UPS they should be there to pick it up in about 3 business days.
UPS should try 3 times to pick up the unit.

Those of you with broken Waffle Makers may want to give it a shot.

kookyface

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kookyface

Well it finally arrived yesterday. Of course No scoop, but that was not the biggest problem. Before I turned it on I flipped over the cooking part to see how it works and it was stuck. It would not turn back over. Oh the drip pan is also bent.

itcrowd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itcrowd

Name
Address
Telephone Number
Receipt from Woot.com

Recieved my new waffle maker. It is the new handle version. Very happy with the purchase and warranty support from conair.

kenihrig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kenihrig

Mine is DOA...power doesn't work. I wonder if they just shipped us a bunch of broken return units?

cinderellafreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cinderellafreak

Got my waffle maker yesterday! Had waffles for dinner. EVERYTHING IS PERFECT! Except I did not get a scoop. I am just happy I got a working waffler! Screw the scoop!

asdf916

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asdf916

finally got mine on the 9th. i received it in perfect condition and got the scoop (although i really don't see much use for it as a ladle would do a better job plus it can be used spread the batter).

made a couple of waffles so far...it's turned out pretty good. hopefully thus unit will last me for a while.

and thanks woot for standing by the 1 year warranty.

casey00001

The fax number for Waring to send your information to is (860) 496-9017. My experience was that it was busy for a long long time. You have to keep trying.

mickyjay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mickyjay

It seems that Waring was unable to decipher that folks with a P.O. Box address will place their physical address as the second line in order to avoid delays when shipment type is unspecified.
After an e-mail to woot service I was informed that my unit could not be shipped to me by Waring because of the presence of a P.O. Box address and was being sent to woot for proper shipment to me. This was 6 days ago. It's now 20 days since my order and still no sign of shipment. Woot did refund my shipping charge,to their credit, and it does seem most of this mess is not their fault. I'm trying to be patient (honest) but even with immediate shipping by smartpost it'll be over a month from my order till it's here.
I love Woot and spread the word every chance I get but this leaps into the vacuum.

philet

Received the new waffle maker from Waring last Saturday. All this hassle eventually gave me a great deal on a new waffle maker! (Assuming it wouldn't break a little after a year) Does anyone know the process of UPS pickup? I haven't received any pickup label.

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad

The waffle maker arrived in good condition, but is DOA, No Lights, No Sounds, Nada.

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

mickyjay wrote:It seems that Waring was unable to decipher that folks with a P.O. Box address will place their physical address as the second line in order to avoid delays when shipment type is unspecified.
After an e-mail to woot service I was informed that my unit could not be shipped to me by Waring because of the presence of a P.O. Box address and was being sent to woot for proper shipment to me. This was 6 days ago. It's now 20 days since my order and still no sign of shipment. Woot did refund my shipping charge,to their credit, and it does seem most of this mess is not their fault. I'm trying to be patient (honest) but even with immediate shipping by smartpost it'll be over a month from my order till it's here.
I love Woot and spread the word every chance I get but this leaps into the vacuum.

I remember your case! We've been pretty excited here at Woot HQ since we finally got in the remaining waffle makers in and they should be out of our warehouse by today (but then everything excites us). Yayyy!

jgordon510

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgordon510

FINALLY received my waffle maker.

Handle is broken clean off.

This was not a good woot. I should have paid $20 more for the same model at Costco.

jfeise

Just as a heads-up, I got my warranty replacement waffle maker today (mine didn't beep when the waffles were done.)
Of course, I immediately made some waffles. They came out really delicious. I am eating them right now...
The replacement seems to be a brand new one. They improved the handle. It now can swivel down, so that it stays out of the way. It also came with the measuring cup. The booklet actually says it's a WMK300A, not the 300 without a letter.
All in all, I am happy. Was a long delay to get it, and then another week to get the replacement. But the waffles are worth the wait ;-) And I got a new one instead of the refurb...

One question remains, though... the new one came with a warranty card that says 1 year warranty. Which one applies now, the 90 days or the one year? I hope I don't have to find out ;-)

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad
tripgrad wrote:The waffle maker arrived in good condition, but is DOA, No Lights, No Sounds, Nada.

Today I finally got through to 800-269-6640 and spoke to Dorothy in CT. She told me to go back to place of purchase to return it, or take it to local service center in VA.
:-(

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

jfeise

tripgrad wrote:Today I finally got through to 800-269-6640 and spoke to Dorothy in CT. She told me to go back to place of purchase to return it, or take it to local service center in VA.
:-(

Did you follow what slerch666 said above?
That worked for me.

casey00001

Has anyone else gotten their replacement waffle maker yet? Did you get any kind of shipping notice ahead of time? Does anybody have an email address for customer support? I have faxed the information over but heard nothing back from this group. Woot, how about a little help? Email address & name and phone number for the point person at Waring for this mess?

casey00001

philet wrote:Received the new waffle maker from Waring last Saturday. All this hassle eventually gave me a great deal on a new waffle maker! (Assuming it wouldn't break a little after a year) Does anyone know the process of UPS pickup? I haven't received any pickup label.

Philet, I bet they don't want the old one back. UPS will generate the label themselves and just show up at your door if they indeed do want it back. They leave a little yellow sticky if you are not home and will try back a total of three times. After you get the note, you can just leave the broken item outside your front door.

jfeise

casey00001 wrote:Did you get any kind of shipping notice ahead of time?

No, but then, I didn't give them my email address. It took a week shipping from the East Coast to the West Coast, which is normal for ground shipping.

jgordon510

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgordon510

Followed directions from slerch666 above.

Spoke to CSR Shannon. She was helpful. I forwarded my woot receipt with my shipping address, and she said they'd ship a replacement out soon.

bbguy5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbguy5
Eliothull wrote:Just got mine today - Broken. The plastic rear pivot that the cord goes through is cracked in half in the bracket. I also have the refurbished 90 day warranty sticker and card, which is unnacceptable. I bought this because of the one year warranty, as reviews an amazon seem to indicate a heating element failure around 8 months.

Same here, but mine worked, didn't notice it until i made a batch of waffles. Called the lady at waring and i'm shipping it to them.

bbguy5

I called them today, because of the issue i posted above, and she said "send this this and this, along with a copy of your woot recipt....

Funny thing is....I didn't tell her I bought it from woot!

maybe a large problem with these?

whatev62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whatev62

I emailed Waring @ waring@conair.com this past weekend, 9/12/09 and received an email back from Waring first thing Monday morning stating: What we are going to do is send out a replacement wafflemaker and then have UPS come back with a Label (UPS Call Tag) to put on the box and bring it back to us.

Once we issue the call tag electronically to UPS they should be there to pick it up in about 3 business days.

I have not received the replacement wafflemaker yet though. Update to follow (hopefully positive)

philet

casey00001 wrote:Philet, I bet they don't want the old one back. UPS will generate the label themselves and just show up at your door if they indeed do want it back. They leave a little yellow sticky if you are not home and will try back a total of three times. After you get the note, you can just leave the broken item outside your front door.

UPS came by to pick it up today.

By the way, did you call them before faxing over your information? You should call and tell them you bought it from woot and they should give you an email address to send your info over. I also spoke to Shannon, who was very helpful and seemed as though she received a lot of these calls.

MsWriter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MsWriter
kookyface wrote:Well it finally arrived yesterday. Of course No scoop, but that was not the biggest problem. Before I turned it on I flipped over the cooking part to see how it works and it was stuck. It would not turn back over. Oh the drip pan is also bent.

Yes, mine wouldn't flip back to open, either. Now it's the weekend, so I can't call Waring til Monday, but I'm so disappointed!

casey00001

philet wrote:UPS came by to pick it up today.

By the way, did you call them before faxing over your information? You should call and tell them you bought it from woot and they should give you an email address to send your info over. I also spoke to Shannon, who was very helpful and seemed as though she received a lot of these calls.

Philet: I could not wait on the phone forever. I sent a fax with detailed cover letter and copy of woot receipt. All contact info etc. Took forever as it was for fax line to not ring busy. Do you have Shannon's email address?

whatev62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whatev62

Success! Received a brand new wafflemaker today. Still have not received UPS sticker to send the old one back yet. This was a hassle but at least it turned out well, but I dont think I will be buying much refurbed merchandise in the future.

snosbig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages snosbig

WoW! I almost sprang for 1 of these & I'm glad I didn't ....seems there's a ton of problems. That Sux!

russela

quality posts: 4 Private Messages russela
russela wrote:Glad yours looked brand new. Just opened my order and it looks like it came directly from the cafeteria. The plates are discolored and there is grease and what I assume to be waffle residue. The exterior isn't shiny like I would expect but has a decidedly greasy feel. I am not really that picky but even for me it is really bad. It is going to take a lot of work to clean this up to where I feel safe to eat anything from it. This is my first poor WOOT refurb experience.

I called the 800 number to report the condition of my refurb. The lady had me call someone at Conair about it. I did that and the fellow asked me where I made the purchase. He had never heard of Woot. Anyway he asked me to send him some pictures of the unit which I did. A couple of days later I got an email asking for shipping information.
Yesterday I received my brand new machine.
Big thumbs up to Conair.

bbguy5

whatev62 wrote:I emailed Waring @ waring@conair.com this past weekend, 9/12/09 and received an email back from Waring first thing Monday morning stating: What we are going to do is send out a replacement wafflemaker and then have UPS come back with a Label (UPS Call Tag) to put on the box and bring it back to us.

I have not received the replacement wafflemaker yet though. Update to follow (hopefully positive)

Sent email this past friday (9/18) and still haven't heard back.... anyone got a name and number of someone I can contact?