wizwor

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wizwor
deepspace12dotcom wrote:Does anyone smart enough to Woot even use Internet Explorer anymore? I wonder if Yahoo ever thought of that. Ohh well, their loss, our gain. Woot2 rocks.

I do. I have both installed and am mostly using IE8 right now. FF is nicer to Wordpress, but was giving me fits with cookies and passwords. I also prefer IE8's handling of RSS feeds (bolds my shortcut when there is something new to look at).

halnwheels

quality posts: 8 Private Messages halnwheels

There's simply not enough posts in this here blog. So, here's another one.

What happened to the Yahoo front-end? Heck, I hated that detour anyways.

anddreus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages anddreus

I received my watch today morning 07/11/09
That was a very fast shipping!

deathbyblue

quality posts: 2 Private Messages deathbyblue

I bought one, first sellout woot for me. This came at a good time, I can give my viewsonic to my mother if that acer for sell on woot is any good. Other wise I still have to find her a cheap tower running vista for her school work.

Ed3rd

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Ed3rd

Am I seeing things, or is there a second sellout.woot?

It's a krap! We cannot repel bags of this magnitude!
10/13/06 4/1/07 6/1/07 12/11/08 01/28/10 3/26/10

Dyattesso

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Dyattesso

Drat! Too slow to pick up the horror! Will have to settle for family for the wife and mystery for me...

dduke2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dduke2000
iamregin wrote:At first i was dissapointed becuase i thought i was going to have to share my woots with everyone in the world. Then i thought about it. I guess it is more like having two woots everyday, and you can't beat two woots. thats two chances to wake up and find a roomba or gps that i don't need.

What the hell is a woot, what does it stand for, and where can i get one..
LOL

rafairfax

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rafairfax

360's are the YUGO of the gaming world!

zadriel

quality posts: 8 Private Messages zadriel

Dang it, those memories of nice overnight hotel stays with hot waffles in the morning got the best of me. In 4-1.

I hate you woot. Really I do.

el2ic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages el2ic
zadriel wrote:Dang it, those memories of nice overnight hotel stays with hot waffles in the morning got the best of me. In 4-1.

Thats the same reason I bought it.

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
wizwor wrote:I do. I have both installed and am mostly using IE8 right now. FF is nicer to Wordpress, but was giving me fits with cookies and passwords. I also prefer IE8's handling of RSS feeds (bolds my shortcut when there is something new to look at).

On a fresh boot I can click FF, then click IE8 and Chrome, then shut both of those down and restart them before FF starts up the first time. This is really too bad. Once Google mainlines Chrome's plugin capability and I can run NoScript and Adblock Plus I'll probably switch to that.

Sad that Google has turned more evil than Microsoft ever was, though.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
zadriel wrote:Dang it, those memories of nice overnight hotel stays with hot waffles in the morning got the best of me. In 4-1.

Yep. I found out too late (this morning) that for about $20 more you can get a new one at Costco with their wonderful return policy.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

dharner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dharner

I bought this comb before but my money was refunded by woot. Was actually a dollar more. Any idea why??? Hopefully I get this one, I will need a haircut soon!!!!!!

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

In for 1. Thought about 2, but really only need one. This will replace the one that I had that broken. I use it go into the phillies games. They only allow it to be 16x16x10.... but the collapsing part should do the trick I think.

hmmm. first item item I have purchased from sellout.woot? I have a bunch on woot.com

granitetech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages granitetech

If you want to buy replacement batteries in bulk, I found a 40-pack on Amazon for $37.99 with free shipping. Great deal, and they have a 10-year shelf life.

mcbalagtas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcbalagtas

1st time buying from sellout....bunch from woot....I got a message saying everything was good, but when I go to 'My account' it does not show the receipt?.....did the sale go through.

relepper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages relepper

In for 2, Xmas for my 7 and 9 year old boys. Their first portable music players.

jonpearman25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonpearman25

I got one last time off of woot and it has worked great. I am in for two!!

darleneforsman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darleneforsman
sparkie624 wrote:Good point... Actually I use it occassionally... But very rarely any more!

Would you believe 211info.org says you can ONLY used IE 5.0 OR higher on their web site. I spoke to them regarding that, they said it will take at least SIX MONTHS before they can fix the problems w/working w/anything OTHER than IE!

DAF

divajen77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages divajen77

I got my netbook today and it is not 11.6" it is 10.1"!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

divajen77 wrote:I got my netbook today and it is not 11.6" it is 10.1"!!!

If you didn't get the product you ordered, email service@woot.com. Be sure to include your order number.

stuntdriver

quality posts: 9 Private Messages stuntdriver

Still available I see, I think I want another. Hopefully someone is home at the woot! office toady. Just sent a request to add a second to my order.

• in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  • Basket of Cranberries 4/26/12
  • Basket of Cranberries 3/22/12
  • Basket of Cranberries 6/15/11
  • Random Crap (Level 8) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap (Level 2) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap 10/21/10
  • Random Crap 9/22/10
  • Random Crap 8/20/10
  • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
  • Random Crap 1/28/10
  • Santa’s Sack O’ Crap 12/25/09
  • Random Crap 12/25/08
  • Random Crap 6/20/08
  • Random Crap 4/1/08
  • Sansa e250 11/5/07 (The one that started it all!)

hickersond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hickersond

People need to remember it's a netbook, not a notebook...

1.2GHz NOTEbook = horrible
NETbook.. not so much

toddbrown0423

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddbrown0423

Just bought a 100$ ipod watch for 22$ holy smokes

HiMataio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HiMataio

I just pulled the trigger on this netbook! I'm gonna hook it up to a small projector and display dungeons and dragons tiles onto a whiteboard for my nerd trifecta.

kidztchr7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kidztchr7

Have one of these in the 9 inch--LOVE it!!! Atom processor is slow, but for this price it's a steal. Screen is LED bright like none of my other (5) laptops. Was seriously tempted on this one until I saw RED is gone. That's it for me, but this is a great and solid little unit.

Meghiddo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Meghiddo

Is there any way to get a deal from yesterday? I so wish I had bought the netbook with accessory kit for 279 yesterday, but I did not know if I could afford it. But now I found out I will be getting a tax refund, and I wish I had bought it.

Is there any woot.SecondChance.com or something like that lol? Or do I have to wait until the next one they put on the site?

member since 3/31/2008
last random crap 4/28/2010

bmoultrie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmoultrie

Okay...so I'm doing this. I have 3 power scooters that use batteries that have to be charged. They go about 8 miles on a charge so I have plenty of time in between for charging and I live in Texas where there is usually plenty of sun.

This seems to be an application that is just made for this kind of thing.

I'm also thinking maybe my roombas would do well with this, too.

I have a patio.. a fenced in back yard..

So.. anybody have any ideas about how I might approach this?

kgound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kgound

going to ebay to get a special basket for this machine to roast coffee beans. These work great roasting coffee beans. I even have 10#'s of green Columbian beans just waiting for a nice med. roast.

sonyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonyboy

I don't normally comment but since this one pops up from time to time, I can't resist. I purchased one of these and it lasted about two days. When it did operate, the speaker was completely inadequate unless you are right on top of it. The setup could be somewhat simplified and could be confusing for the non techie. LaCrosse Technology should consider a power supply for the base unit instead of relying on two "c" cell batteries. Mine is going back to the manufacturer for service. It locks up when you use any button, new batteries and all.
That's my rant.

mokiejovis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mokiejovis

So... anybody know what happened to the RSS feed? It just vanished. Used to be available at
http://shopping.yahoo.com/woot/woot_rss.php

But now that gives a 404 error. I can't even see a way to add it to MyYahoo.

greekavenger937

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greekavenger937

I felt real bad for my dad when he went to Best Buy, bought a new TV, and they suckered him in to a "Monster Cable" ($70.00 + Tax)....I was unaware, because I was away at school not knowing he made this purchase until I came home...It's so sad that such a big store can do this.........much appreciate what you do Woot thanks!!!

clampert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clampert
wallsg wrote:Yep. I found out too late (this morning) that for about $20 more you can get a new one at Costco with their wonderful return policy.

Is the one at Costco same model? 120Hz? I looked up their website and they don't mention 120Hz, which makes me think it isn't... Can you please clarify?

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc
mokiejovis wrote:So... anybody know what happened to the RSS feed? It just vanished. Used to be available at
http://shopping.yahoo.com/woot/woot_rss.php

But now that gives a 404 error. I can't even see a way to add it to MyYahoo.

I still see a similar problem...
I was using this URL - http://sellout.woot.com/blog/rss.aspx

Doesn't work anymore...what's up with that?

sdthuemmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdthuemmel

How long does it take until I get an order confirmation?

I've bought clear MEE M6s at approx. 9:30 a.m. CET and it's neither showing in my account nor have I receive a confirmation mail yet. I'm a little nervous 'coz I don't wanna miss out on this great deal.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 106 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

sdthuemmel wrote:How long does it take until I get an order confirmation?

I've bought clear MEE M6s at approx. 9:30 a.m. CET and it's neither showing in my account nor have I receive a confirmation mail yet. I'm a little nervous 'coz I don't wanna miss out on this great deal.

It does not look like your order went through, however, looking at your account, it does not seem like we will be able to ship to you since we only ship shirts internationally at this point.

Cyris69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cyris69

I'm in for 3! I think they can come in handy with some nice electronic and some funny colored mushrooms ;) Seriously though they look to be very cool and useful for parties. woot we just need a fog machine to make this a complete package!

Cyris69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cyris69

I

adriantg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adriantg

umm...so where am i suposed to find a replacement for the long list of deals and crappy women's underwear every day? I feel really lost right now.

rmagee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmagee

Woot's unforgiving return policies are not customer friendly.

Please be absolutley sure you are ordering compatible products as they will be unreturnable and un swapable.

My first and last Woot purchase has been made.