Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

Oh, hey, you found us. Come on in. Try not to spill anything on the carpet. It’s brand new. Sellout.Woot isn’t much like a typical online store, so the first thing you’ll want to do is take a look at our FAQ. It spells out this whole Sellout.Woot mess in excruciating detail: one product for sale cheap every day at midnight Central time, plus lots of bad jokes and bitter arguments, all brought to you by the combined forces of Woot and Yahoo! You’re lucky we didn’t call this website something like “Yawhootoo!!”

Once you’ve committed our FAQ catechism to memory, you’re ready to share your half-cocked opinions and uninformed prejudices with the rest of our community. Whether you’re searching for answers about what we’re selling today or you just want to make some fake Internet friends to replace the real-life friends who won’t return your calls, the community forum is the place to do it.

If you’re already a Woot member, your existing account works with Sellout.Woot, too. If not, you’ll need to create a free Woot account to buy anything or to post on our forums. If you have no interest in becoming a Woot member, we recommend that you learn to manage your time better rather than waste it reading blog posts on sites you don’t care about.

If you still have no idea what’s going to happen here at Sellout.Woot, well, that makes about a million of us. Whatever it is, it should be interesting. We’ll soon see whether it’s interesting like a trip to the Louvre or interesting like a six-car pileup on the freeway.

ambiguus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ambiguus

you think you could of started with a Bandolier of Carrots at least. oh well, i'll still support woot. congrats on the start.

macmatrix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macmatrix

Can't wait for another daily woot item

j-o-h-n

quality posts: 4 Private Messages j-o-h-n
ambiguus wrote:you think you could of started with a Bandolier of Carrots at least. oh well, i'll still support woot. congrats on the start.

Well, it wouldn't exactly do to start out with an item that would be sold out in 3 minutes when 99.99% of yahoo's customer base will still be in bed for 6 to 9 more hours...

Higher prices AND crappier blanks, no thank you

jpkrause

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpkrause

C'mon in everbuddy! The water's great!

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes." -- Oscar Wilde

EdwardMcP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EdwardMcP

ummm, thats nice I guess, who doesnt like coffee. Still the product description was a little "button down shirty" of you. Come on, rock the boat a little. Its your first day at high school you need to make a name for yourself, right? maybe not... how about a stellar brassiere on cranium

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
EdwardMcP wrote:ummm, thats nice I guess, who doesnt like coffee. Still the product description was a little "button down shirty" of you. Come on, rock the boat a little. Its your first day at high school you need to make a name for yourself, right? maybe not... how about a stellar brassiere on cranium

Umm actually, I don't like coffee. Just for the sake of argument.

Interesting diggs, woot.

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

aausterm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aausterm

Well I think woot likes Google better because there main site is still powered by Google Search and not Yahoo!

Go Woot!

adam4102

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adam4102

you beat me to the post. damn you aausterm

P1h3r1e3d13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages P1h3r1e3d13

Um, RSS please?
Pretty pretty please with a Bag O' Crap on top?

Otherwise, frankly, I'm probably not going to bother going looking for this again.

iamregin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamregin

At first i was dissapointed becuase i thought i was going to have to share my woots with everyone in the world. Then i thought about it. I guess it is more like having two woots everyday, and you can't beat two woots. thats two chances to wake up and find a roomba or gps that i don't need.

foetusized

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foetusized
P1h3r1e3d13 wrote:Um, RSS please?
Pretty pretty please with a Bag O' Crap on top?

Otherwise, frankly, I'm probably not going to bother going looking for this again.

If not RSS, work out some way with Yahoo! so I can add this new Woot! to My Yahoo (where I keep track of Woot! Classic using RSS)

jwheck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwheck
foetusized wrote:If not RSS, work out some way with Yahoo! so I can add this new Woot! to My Yahoo (where I keep track of Woot! Classic using RSS)

On the http://shopping.yahoo.com/ page, scroll down to the Deal of the Day section that is sponsored by Woot! There should be a blue and whilte image button that looks like [+ My Y!]

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
foetusized wrote:If not RSS, work out some way with Yahoo! so I can add this new Woot! to My Yahoo (where I keep track of Woot! Classic using RSS)

use the +MyYahoo button on http://shopping.yahoo.com

edit: thanks jwheck - beat me to it.

zilla81

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zilla81

gartz to you, woot. Go ahead and make more cash, but don't get too corporate or you'll lose your small town feel.

Just remember your loyal wooters that have watched you grow from a diaper-filled, crying baby of a site to the snot-covered kid who wants to wear mommy's heels that you are now.

Ellipse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ellipse

Yahoo for you Woot! Nice "Yahoo! Purple" theme as well. Hope this brings you big gobs of cash to bring us more Random Crap.

(Does this mean our screaming monkies will now have to scream YAHOO!?)

foetusized

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foetusized
jwheck wrote:On the http://shopping.yahoo.com/ page, scroll down to the Deal of the Day section that is sponsored by Woot! There should be a blue and whilte image button that looks like [+ My Y!]

Thanks. Some days I am blind, I swear -- Foe

bassman998

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bassman998
jwheck wrote:On the http://shopping.yahoo.com/ page, scroll down to the Deal of the Day section that is sponsored by Woot! There should be a blue and whilte image button that looks like [+ My Y!]

Or, just add http://shopping.yahoo.com/woot/woot_rss.php to your favorite RSS reader. Works on iGoogle.

orubin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages orubin
iamregin wrote:At first i was dissapointed becuase i thought i was going to have to share my woots with everyone in the world. Then i thought about it. I guess it is more like having two woots everyday, and you can't beat two woots. thats two chances to wake up and find a roomba or gps that i don't need.

I was thinking, this is two chances to wake up, look at the pages, and ask what the hell is this stuff, and why am I buying it again? Two chances to be sucked in to buying more stuff that I do not really need. DAMN YOU Woot!

As for BOCs, I understands, according to Woot's own post of this site, that they must keep their crap to themselves, so I am not expecting to see an BOCs on Yahoo's side. But not that they know about it, it is just more people that wil be competing on the regular site. SIGH!

anasazi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anasazi

so where is the RSS feed?

terrimeyers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers

Wow now were up to 4 woots a day. Regular woot, Shirt.woot, wine.woot and now this.

I am in woot heaven.

Thanks SS for my new togs!

bassman998

anasazi wrote:so where is the RSS feed?

OK, if the one I posted a few posts up wasn't good enough, there's also http://sellout.woot.com/Blog/Rss.aspx (which actually is a better feed). It's on the main sellout.woot.com page. Any modern web browser should have the RSS icon in the toolbar somewhere. Firefox puts it just to the right of the Address bar. IE7 puts it in the toolbar to the right, near print, home, etc.

anasazi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anasazi
bassman998 wrote:OK, if the one I posted a few posts up wasn't good enough, there's also http://sellout.woot.com/Blog/Rss.aspx (which actually is a better feed). It's on the main sellout.woot.com page. Any modern web browser should have the RSS icon in the toolbar somewhere. Firefox puts it just to the right of the Address bar. IE7 puts it in the toolbar to the right, near print, home, etc.

i am indeed giraffe-like tonight. thanks!

bassman998

anasazi wrote:i am indeed giraffe-like tonight. thanks!

No worries, I'm glad I could help. I hope i didn't come across too blunt.

kcmark

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kcmark

As always, Toon offers up an orgiastic word salad. Well done, grasshopper.

drumz0rz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drumz0rz

Only thing that's annoying is if you try and go to Http://sellout.woot.com it redirects you to yahoo and you have to click the link to come back (which brings you back to http://sellout.woot.com ...?)

Scottd5547

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scottd5547
drumz0rz wrote:Only thing that's annoying is if you try and go to Http://sellout.woot.com it redirects you to yahoo and you have to click the link to come back (which brings you back to http://sellout.woot.com ...?)

That irritates me also. Anyway to fix this?

albertmdh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages albertmdh

You could try forgetting you went to the yahoo! site, once you make it to the other one. yeah.

YouCantWootThis

quality posts: 17 Private Messages YouCantWootThis
Scottd5547 wrote:That irritates me also. Anyway to fix this?

They do that on purpose. Only solution is RSS

warrenhj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warrenhj
drumz0rz wrote:Only thing that's annoying is if you try and go to Http://sellout.woot.com it redirects you to yahoo and you have to click the link to come back (which brings you back to http://sellout.woot.com ...?)

Yea, me thinks that would be because of the Contract.Woot.... I would kill to see some of the things they made concessions on, or some of the 'silly things' Yahoo insisted on with their 'branding toolkits.'

It's all because your momma don't dance and your daddy don't rock n roll.

icywindow

quality posts: 2 Private Messages icywindow

I love the title of this post and how they related it to woot! It makes me smile :D

deepspace12dotcom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deepspace12dotcom

Thank God for Firefox and AdBlock. None of the Yahoo BS shows up aside from a few links. I can deal with that.

Does anyone smart enough to Woot even use Internet Explorer anymore? I wonder if Yahoo ever thought of that. Ohh well, their loss, our gain. Woot2 rocks.

vscm98

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vscm98

A penguin, a bear and a cat walk into a bar.

The owner calls animal control.

___

How many blonds does it take to change a light bulb?

One if she knows what she is doing.

___

A blond walks into bank to cash a check. She gets up to the teller and the teller gives the check back to her and says, "You forgot to endorse it please sign here." She says, "My apologies I've had a busy day." She signs it and then the teller cashes the check.

rmahoney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmahoney

I think that woot and yahoo are screwing up this whole Sellout.woot.com idea. Everyone is buying 3 of whatever is sold because it is being sold for one penny. If you are going to sell it cheap, why not sell it for $9.99? That will stop the idiots that say "what the hell, it's a penny, I'll get three".

And since you are partnering with a huge site like Yahoo, why post this at midnight CST? You're screwing us on the east coast. Go mainstream and post it at 9am PST. This way you give everyone in the US a decent chance at it.

garrettw87

quality posts: 4 Private Messages garrettw87
YouCantWootThis wrote:Scottd5547 wrote:
That irritates me also. Anyway to fix this?

They do that on purpose. Only solution is RSS

do notice that the URL you type in is different from the one you get sent back to.

You type: http://sellout.woot.com/
You get sent to http://shopping.yahoo.com/
You click the necessary link
You get sent back to http://sellout.woot.com/Default.aspx
--------------------------------------------------------------^
Notice, this time you're actually pointing at the exact file.
Try entering that in your address bar and watch what happens.

garrettw87

quality posts: 4 Private Messages garrettw87
vscm98 wrote:A penguin, a bear and a cat walk into a bar.
The owner calls animal control.
___
How many blonds does it take to change a light bulb?
One if she knows what she is doing.
___
A blond walks into bank to cash a check. She gets up to the teller and the teller gives the check back to her and says, "You forgot to endorse it please sign here." She says, "My apologies I've had a busy day." She signs it and then the teller cashes the check.

those must be too deep for me ... i don't see the funny part.

wootalyzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootalyzer

wootalyzer (wootalyzer.com) now supports sellout.woot, and when you click "view item," it skips over yahoo altogether.

sparkie624

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sparkie624
aausterm wrote:Well I think woot likes Google better because there main site is still powered by Google Search and not Yahoo!

Go Woot!

L O L, Just noticed that... Woot gets paid for ads from GOOGLE, and they do a Sellout to YaHoo... That is too funny... Almost seems like a conflict of interest.

Woots: ---------------- 89
Sellout Woots --------- 45
Kids Woots ------------ 01
Woot-Offs: ------------ 15
BagOfCRAP: ------------ 03
Screaming Monkeys: ---- 05

sparkie624

anasazi wrote:so where is the RSS feed?

http://shopping.yahoo.com/woot/woot_rss.php as was previously posted.

sparkie624

deepspace12dotcom wrote:Thank God for Firefox and AdBlock. None of the Yahoo BS shows up aside from a few links. I can deal with that.

Does anyone smart enough to Woot even use Internet Explorer anymore? I wonder if Yahoo ever thought of that. Ohh well, their loss, our gain. Woot2 rocks.

Good point... Actually I use it occassionally... But very rarely any more!