no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
gwp wrote:I believe I have reached a pivotal point and will be dismantling the enclosure around my garden plot and will return it to the lawn from whence it came, 35 years ago.

This year, despite holding the weeds at bay, none of the pepper plants produced any fruit except the Jalapenos, and they yielded about a dozen small peppers between 2 plants. None of the other 12 plants gave squat. Watermelon had no fruit, squash is barren. The tomatoes all produced however, as did the corn. It's just not worth the hassle anymore. If the bees can't be bothered to pollinate, I'm not inclined to care either.

Bah!

needs some pewp, is all.

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
no1 wrote:needs some pewp, is all.

It had 3/4 tons of hors pewp in it already.

We got no bees around here, so no pollination. The farmers are suffering too.

If I could teach the deer to pollinate plants, I'd be all set. We have plenty of those.

maxikyd

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maxikyd
gwp wrote:It had 3/4 tons of hors pewp in it already.

We got no bees around here, so no pollination. The farmers are suffering too.

If I could teach the deer to pollinate plants, I'd be all set. We have plenty of those.

It's snowing. Sigh.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
maxikyd wrote:It's snowing. Sigh.

O M G, where do you live? It was 80 here (Cincinnati) today. Husband's still mowing.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

maxikyd

pooflady wrote:O M G, where do you live? It was 80 here (Cincinnati) today. Husband's still mowing.

Ekalaka, Montana

pooflady

maxikyd wrote:Ekalaka, Montana

Isn't that early, even for Montana?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

maxikyd

pooflady wrote:Isn't that early, even for Montana?

No, sigh. It can snow as early as August and as late as June--and people wonder why we don't buy into the whole "global warming" thing.

pooflady

maxikyd wrote:No, sigh. It can snow as early as August and as late as June--and people wonder why we don't buy into the whole "global warming" thing.

Ew. Not a snow person. Don't like Texas hot either.

maxikyd

pooflady wrote:Ew. Not a snow person. Don't like Texas hot either.

I'm not much of a snow person either, but I beats 110 where my mom lives. Besides, I can always put on more layers; there's only so much I can take off before being arrested for creating of an eyesore. LOL)

pooflady

maxikyd wrote:I'm not much of a snow person either, but I beats 110 where my mom lives. Besides, I can always put on more layers; there's only so much I can take off before being arrested for creating of an eyesore. LOL)

Wish I could afford to live in San Diego.

maxikyd

pooflady wrote:Wish I could afford to live in San Diego.

That makes 2 of us. My best friends both live there.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
maxikyd wrote:I'm not much of a snow person either, but I beats 110 where my mom lives. Besides, I can always put on more layers; there's only so much I can take off before being arrested for creating of an eyesore. LOL)

That's what I tell my dad about the inside temp. He says, "I can't see anyway so you can go naked." I then remided him that with both of us blind we sometimes bump into each other and that would be gross! Still he doesn't want to wear more than his flannel pjs. So I run around in shorts and a tank top and turn the heat on at night so we can keep the house at 77-78.
I would love a little snow here right now!

On the garden note his peach trees are doing pretty good. He has forgotten about them; he has dementia along with cancer. Maybe they will grow fruit next year. At the rate he is going who knows, he may even be around to eat some.

maxikyd

jawsuser wrote:That's what I tell my dad about the inside temp. He says, "I can't see anyway so you can go naked." I then remided him that with both of us blind we sometimes bump into each other and that would be gross! Still he doesn't want to wear more than his flannel pjs. So I run around in shorts and a tank top and turn the heat on at night so we can keep the house at 77-78.
I would love a little snow here right now!

On the garden note his peach trees are doing pretty good. He has forgotten about them; he has dementia along with cancer. Maybe they will grow fruit next year. At the rate he is going who knows, he may even be around to eat some.

Here's hoping.