marlenestclair

quality posts: 10 Private Messages marlenestclair
pooflady wrote:Restaurants that serve water, soft drinks, et cetera in huge glasses and then give you a straw that goes about 1/4 inch over the top of the glass.

....and if you are short and try to drink out of said straw, you end up spilling the drink all over your chest

x9

This space for rent.

pooflady

quality posts: 24 Private Messages pooflady
marlenestclair wrote:....and if you are short and try to drink out of said straw, you end up spilling the drink all over your chest

Even if you're tall. I just take the straw out.

So when is this "Old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

chridenp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chridenp
acemom wrote:Ocean Mussel Goodness.
I was thinking of cutting the grass in the yard!!
Where did you get that idea?

I hate it when after a long days work that I still need to even mow the grass..I have 2 perfectly healthy (albeit out of shape and way overweight)But they could still open the garage pull our the Lawn mower, fire it up and 10 minutes later they are done...They would have plenty of time to water the garden (it's their seeds and plants),...but instead they need to hurry up and cozy up to their computers and do what ever pops into their heads...Then they tell me to drive them both to the stores and to hurry before they close, when all I want to do is make something to eat and lay down...Yeah, I hate all of this...

hot72chev

quality posts: 24 Private Messages hot72chev

I hate it when I thought I picked up Panko bread crumbs at the grocery store, only to find out I picked up Plain bread crumbs.

x8
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138

I hate going to the grocery store and picking up a couple cans of tuna and getting home and putting it away with the other ten cans I bought when I thought we didn't have any.

Oh, I forgot the eggs.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:I hate going to the grocery store and picking up a couple cans of tuna and getting home and putting it away with the other ten cans I bought when I thought we didn't have any.

Oh, I forgot the eggs.

Isn't it amazing? You can buy 67 items and not have what you need for that night's dinner.

I finally bought narrow racks for inside the pantry door for my spices so I didn't end up with six jars of rosemary and no garlic powder. It's amazing, I have over 40 spices. And they're in alphabetical order!

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:Isn't it amazing? You can buy 67 items and not have what you need for that night's dinner.

I finally bought narrow racks for inside the pantry door for my spices so I didn't end up with six jars of rosemary and no garlic powder. It's amazing, I have over 40 spices. And they're in alphabetical order!

I bow down to you....I am an organization freak...and I live with 2 people who have ADD. People wonder why my nerves are bad......

x9

This space for rent.

pooflady

marlenestclair wrote:I bow down to you....I am an organization freak...and I live with 2 people who have ADD. People wonder why my nerves are bad......

My kids say I'm anal, and they're probably right. So what? I have six drawers of files. I have one of those things like in post offices to put letters, etc. in with 12 slots in my office. And three good-sized organize thingies. All in my office except for two file drawers that I use as a night stand.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:My kids say I'm anal, and they're probably right. So what? I have six drawers of files. I have one of those things like in post offices to put letters, etc. in with 12 slots in my office. And three good-sized organize thingies. All in my office except for two file drawers that I use as a night stand.

i have a concrete bunk and a cubby. i have to share a terlet.

pooflady

no1 wrote:i have a concrete bunk and a cubby. i have to share a terlet.

At least you can't lose things.

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:At least you can't lose things.

Oh I get that...I am so organized I lose stuff sometimes. My hubby and daughter....now that is another story....

x9

This space for rent.

pretender54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pretender54

I really hate when someone says "she really rocks that dress" What, does it play music now!?!?

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226

My coworker is proud that her high school aged kids got completely drunk when they did because "they were gonna learn about it some time, I'm glad it happened at their friend's house."

marlenestclair

kenney9226 wrote:My coworker is proud that her high school aged kids got completely drunk when they did because "they were gonna learn about it some time, I'm glad it happened at their friend's house."

Must be the winner of the Darwin Parent of the Year Award. I have known parents to also say about their underage kids "I don't mind if they drink/smoke weed as long as they do it at home so I know where they are at". Wow, great parenting skills, and wonderful role models. /eye roll/

x9

This space for rent.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 33 Private Messages olcubmaster

I hate the phrase "...take/taking it to the next level".

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

no1

olcubmaster wrote:I hate the phrase "...take/taking it to the next level".

i lurv taking it to the next level, altho i have to give 110% to do so

pooflady

I hate that so many coupons now are requiring the purchase of two or more items. I don't have room for all that.

no1

pooflady wrote:I hate that so many coupons now are requiring the purchase of two or more items. I don't have room for all that.

i bought something at target, they gave me a coupon that was good if you bought two next time. i used that coupon, and they gave me another similar coupon, except i had to buy 4. then 10.

pooflady

no1 wrote:i bought something at target, they gave me a coupon that was good if you bought two next time. i used that coupon, and they gave me another similar coupon, except i had to buy 4. then 10.

Yeah, I know. I had a coupon for something that was free. When I got that there was a coupon for a larger package, but half off. I quit at that point.

no1

pooflady wrote:Yeah, I know. I had a coupon for something that was free. When I got that there was a coupon for a larger package, but half off. I quit at that point.

i should have. now what am i going to do with 1000 crates of depends?!?

pooflady

no1 wrote:i should have. now what am i going to do with 1000 crates of depends?!?

Give them to Woot for a Big ol' Cornucopia. Or that other place.

kenney9226

I really hate how people insist on all high beams all the time when it's raining outside.

marlenestclair

kenney9226 wrote:My coworker is proud that her high school aged kids got completely drunk when they did because "they were gonna learn about it some time, I'm glad it happened at their friend's house."

I just happened to be crusin around some posts we did earlier this year, and this reminded me of something. When I got my MBA (I was 47 and worked my butt off, worked a full time and part time job..but got a 4.0), when we were sitting getting ready to go onstage to receive our diplomas, I was the last in line for the MBA'ers. There was a girl sitting next to me who was getting an Assoc. degree in something or other....they called her onstage and gave her this HUGE award and $$ for school because she "overcame" an adversity.
She was in a Sea-Doo accident...ran into a concrete pier. Broke many bones, but she still finished school. Sounds great huh? When we all sat back in our seats she said to me..."not bad considering I was drunk and high as hell when this happened". I am totally sure the school didn't know this.
Why? Someone tell me WHY?????

x9

This space for rent.

hot72chev

quality posts: 24 Private Messages hot72chev

Stepping in dog poop in my own yard courtesy of inconsiderate neighbors with out of control dogs.

x8
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

marlenestclair

hot72chev wrote:Stepping in dog poop in my own yard courtesy of inconsiderate neighbors with out of control dogs.

It seems they always do it right around the mailbox!

x9

This space for rent.

mick52

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mick52

Folks that are so greedy.

marlenestclair

mick52 wrote:Folks that are so greedy.

...and they really show themselves this time of year
It is one of my pet peeves too Mick. I try to keep this mantra in my head, "everything you do will come back to you". If you give from your heart, it won't go unnoticed. If a person is take, take, take...that won't go unnoticed either /evil grin/.

x9

This space for rent.

no1

people that are offended by my greed

marlenestclair

no1 wrote:people that are offended by my greed

ummm somehow I think you are the furthest thing from greedy, nice try though

x9

This space for rent.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 85 Private Messages daveinwarshington

The crappy weather that has caused our power to go out 4 times in the last 5 weeks.

mick52

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mick52
marlenestclair wrote:...and they really show themselves this time of year
It is one of my pet peeves too Mick. I try to keep this mantra in my head, "everything you do will come back to you". If you give from your heart, it won't go unnoticed. If a person is take, take, take...that won't go unnoticed either /evil grin/.

You are a very kind lady.

marlenestclair

mick52 wrote:You are a very kind lady.

Aww yer makin me blush!

x9

This space for rent.

kenney9226

PEOPLE WHO BLAME ME FOR MESSING UP THINGS THAT I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

People who just want to dump their kids off with someone else to provide enrichment opportunities and don't want to do anything to help!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Whatsthedeals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Whatsthedeals

I hate when you Google Earth your best friends house and your wife's car is in his driveway!

pooflady

I just realized I already posted the subject matter of this post, so I deleted. It really annoys me.

no1

i hate having to eat two bottles of mustard by myself.

pooflady

no1 wrote:i hate having to eat two bottles of mustard by myself.

So you read it and didn't post anything until I deleted it. Wait. I'll bet you were reading back because you knew I'd already posted about it.

no1

i hate reading. too much like skool.

pooflady

no1 wrote:i hate reading. too much like skool.

How about math? Arithmetic?