olcubmaster


quality posts: 33 Private Messages olcubmaster

Ok - either I'm officially getting stupider (not much argument there) or I'm losing the ability of abstract thinking.

In other words - the last part of Time Heist left me dazed and confused. The Doctor's in-show recap at the very end I got - the frantic moments prior to that, not so much.

A rewatch will perhaps lead to this posting becoming a regret.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

dougall


quality posts: 15 Private Messages dougall
olcubmaster wrote:Ok - either I'm officially getting stupider (not much argument there) or I'm losing the ability of abstract thinking.

In other words - the last part of Time Heist left me dazed and confused. The Doctor's in-show recap at the very end I got - the frantic moments prior to that, not so much.

A rewatch will perhaps lead to this posting becoming a regret.



I actually enjoyed it.

decent enough story.

and the tenant-channeling only made me look forward until he gets to McCoy.

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

Missed last episode because local friend 1 was busy tearing out the roof to his shed or whatever it is that houses his hot tub x.x Only got a few hours of sleep last night so I'll probably be heading straight to bed soon after dinner. Hopefully though will finally get that add-on for the desktop tomorrow so we can just watch online xp


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

Mavyn


quality posts: 24 Private Messages Mavyn

It was the first episode I really liked, and felt like the Doctor was more 'the Doctor' and not a guy trying to be the Doctor.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
Mavyn wrote:It was the first episode I really liked, and felt like the Doctor was more 'the Doctor' and not a guy trying to be the Doctor.



Now you've got me excited! Even Eccleston didn't 'settle into' it so soon for me (then again I was new to the show back then, so maybe it was just me getting adjusted to the insane plots and characters XD).


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

dougall


quality posts: 15 Private Messages dougall
Nitetigrezz wrote:Now you've got me excited! Even Eccleston didn't 'settle into' it so soon for me (then again I was new to the show back then, so maybe it was just me getting adjusted to the insane plots and characters XD).



For me Eccleston worked from day 1.

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
dougall wrote:For me Eccleston worked from day 1.



XD I was overwhelmed and there was a lot to take in. I had only ever seen a couple of scattered half-episodes (one with Martha Stewart and a few minutes from The Library), so I had no clue what I was getting into.

It's why we give folks new to Who the 5 Episode Rule. With all there is to take in and how wonderfully kinetic Eccleston is, it can take up to five episodes to get a hold on what the heck is going on well enough to truly appreciate what the heck is going on. If a person doesn't even like the show after the first five episodes (though I've learned you either love it or hate it), they never will. Eccleston was such a glorious embodiment of what the Doctor is all about in the core of things: hyper, always moving, adventurous, brilliant to the point of absent mindedness, unforgettable. Though each and every actor has added their own spin, you can find all these characteristics somewhere within them. Not just in the Doctor, but in the show itself.

I think it's because Eccleston was only on for one season. There was no time to settle in. He either had to have it from day one or forever be known as the man who truly finished off the doctor. And he nailed it, grand slam out of the park, straight out of the atmosphere. Greater than the Face of Bo, he became the Face of NewWho, bringing the Doctor to a whole new generation without killing it for the OldWhovians.

I have no idea where I was going with that (constant interruptions at work tend to do that xp) so I'll just leave it at that.


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

olcubmaster


quality posts: 33 Private Messages olcubmaster

Well now, a bit of an echo from Whos gone past...or are they future?

I've re-watched the Heist and now have no idea why it boggled me the first go-round. I'm learning to sync in with Capaldi's pace - though the accent still throws me at times.

As for the latest...any one else up to date?

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

dougall


quality posts: 15 Private Messages dougall
olcubmaster wrote:Well now, a bit of an echo from Whos gone past...or are they future?

I've re-watched the Heist and now have no idea why it boggled me the first go-round. I'm learning to sync in with Capaldi's pace - though the accent still throws me at times.

As for the latest...any one else up to date?



He's got an accent?

and yes, I'm up to date... less impressed than I was with Heist... and is it possible we have another killjoy of a tin dog?

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

Sadly we're now 2 episodes behind thanks to the convention sucking up our weekend x.x If we don't get the add-on at some point this week I think I'm going to go a little nutty.


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

dougall


quality posts: 15 Private Messages dougall

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
dougall wrote:and...

Not really spoilery, but proof of unoriginality?



That's so beyond awesome XD Thanks for sharing!


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

dougall


quality posts: 15 Private Messages dougall
Nitetigrezz wrote:Sadly we're now 2 episodes behind thanks to the convention sucking up our weekend x.x If we don't get the add-on at some point this week I think I'm going to go a little nutty.



see... if you lived closer you could just come over and watch it.



and then you could watch some of the older, far better episodes.

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
dougall wrote:see... if you lived closer you could just come over and watch it.



and then you could watch some of the older, far better episodes.



That would be so much fun >.< Why for you must live so far away?

And older as in OldWho?


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

dougall


quality posts: 15 Private Messages dougall
Nitetigrezz wrote:
And older as in OldWho?



Is that really a thing?


I feel old now too.. :/

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
dougall wrote:Is that really a thing?


I feel old now too.. :/



About as much of a thing as NewWho XD

Don't feel too bad. I'm still the oldest in our group of friends >.>


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

dougall


quality posts: 15 Private Messages dougall

Old Who?

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
dougall wrote:Old Who?



XD This made me giggle. Couldn't put it on audio, but definitely checking it out next time I'm on.


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

dougall


quality posts: 15 Private Messages dougall
Nitetigrezz wrote:XD This made me giggle. Couldn't put it on audio, but definitely checking it out next time I'm on.



you'd better!

you can't even start to comprehend the full acting chops of old who otherwise.

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
dougall wrote:you'd better!

you can't even start to comprehend the full acting chops of old who otherwise.



I forgot my earbuds >.< I'll have to watch it when I get home v.v


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

olcubmaster


quality posts: 33 Private Messages olcubmaster
dougall wrote:Old Who?



As I was watching the new Gotham series with my youngest the other evening, we noted that the role of Alfred is played by that old son-of-a-Doctor, Sean Pertwee.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

dougall


quality posts: 15 Private Messages dougall

dougall


quality posts: 15 Private Messages dougall
olcubmaster wrote:As I was watching the new Gotham series with my youngest the other evening, we noted that the role of Alfred is played by that old son-of-a-Doctor, Sean Pertwee.



I think he'd make an awesome Doctor.

olcubmaster


quality posts: 33 Private Messages olcubmaster
dougall wrote:I think he'd make an awesome Doctor.



To me, the senior Pertwee was cast during one of the more awkward phases of the series...but enjoyable. Thanks for the Worzel video - all new to me!

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

Mavyn


quality posts: 24 Private Messages Mavyn

Possibly spoilery, but worth the risk.

Yay, Graham!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dougall wrote:I just got 4 in the mail ;)


now... what to make with them..



jello shots

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
no1 wrote:jello shots



+1


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

dougall


quality posts: 15 Private Messages dougall
Nitetigrezz wrote:+1



Bunch of Namby-Pambys,


can't take vodka on it's own?

olcubmaster


quality posts: 33 Private Messages olcubmaster
dougall wrote:Bunch of Namby-Pambys,


can't take vodka on it's own?



It's the Jello I could do without.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

moles1138


quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138
olcubmaster wrote:It's the Jello I could do without.



Pudding shots are better.

moles1138


quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138

Sorry I've not posted before.

Been a long time since I've watched the doctor. Not sure why. Watched the Tom Baker episodes years ago and have seen random eps since. Including one of the Gain an episodes. Maybe because I can be a completist, I don't want to start anything I can't finish. I know I'm missing some good s***. Now I'll just have to have a major binge session.

olcubmaster


quality posts: 33 Private Messages olcubmaster
moles1138 wrote:Sorry I've not posted before.

Been a long time since I've watched the doctor. Not sure why. Watched the Tom Baker episodes years ago and have seen random eps since. Including one of the Gain an episodes. Maybe because I can be a completist, I don't want to start anything I can't finish. I know I'm missing some good s***. Now I'll just have to have a major binge session.



Welcome back to the fold!

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

olcubmaster


quality posts: 33 Private Messages olcubmaster

And in related news, a new season of the Graham Norton Show begins Saturday night with a visit from the Doctor.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

>.>
<.<
So, no shitstorm here yet about Killing the Moon?


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

sellbuyer92


quality posts: 91 Private Messages sellbuyer92
Nitetigrezz wrote:>.>
<.<
So, no shitstorm here yet about Killing the Moon?



Nope, excellent episode though.

dougall


quality posts: 15 Private Messages dougall
sellbuyer92 wrote:Nope, excellent episode though.



You're dead to me.

dougall


quality posts: 15 Private Messages dougall
Nitetigrezz wrote:>.>
<.<
So, no shitstorm here yet about Killing the Moon?



I've given up caring, too much other TV to enjoy to waste any time on negativity.

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
dougall wrote:You're dead to me.



O.O It seems I'm the one who started it then.


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
dougall wrote:I've given up caring, too much other TV to enjoy to waste any time on negativity.



What about it was negative? Not being a jerk, honestly curious which perspective you chose.


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000