WootBot


quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What's your stance on those flushable cleansing cloths?
  • 24.8% - Never tried 'em. 274
  • 20.3% - Toilet paper is good enough. 224
  • 2.9% - Redundant. I have a bidet. 32
  • 47.8% - They're glorious. GLORIOUS. 528
  • 4.3% - I have something to say about this (comments) 47
1105 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

sillstaw


quality posts: 6 Private Messages sillstaw

Since plumbers say that they're actually not that good for flushing, I'd say they're useless unless you throw them away like normal.

ardubu


quality posts: 9 Private Messages ardubu

More HazMat waste.
Great for field work or camping I suppose - if you pack it out?
Yuck.

Ah, the hell with it.

DaZoneRanger


quality posts: 52 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Take the flushable wipe challenge. Wipe your butt with regular TP until you're satisfied that it's completely clean, then follow up with a flushable wipe. That white wipe WILL get some color on it.

Calgaltoal


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Calgaltoal

My septic system would not fair well with them.

kenwarf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenwarf

Plumbers say they are GREAT! And wish everybody would use them! Because they generate so many service calls that they are able to hire more people just for running sewer lines to dig those things out of the system! So, if you really want to use them, toss them in the trash not the toilet! Consider this your fair warning. You will receive no more, flush at your own risk. That Is All!

threemoons


quality posts: 22 Private Messages threemoons

Nonbiodegradable and screw up the sewerage processing plants in NYC. Once saw a news clip showing just how many of those things clog up the works. Gross. IIRC they are technically banned in NYC but are on sale everywhere anyway. Use TP folks.

I got me one!

wrupp53150


quality posts: 2 Private Messages wrupp53150

Get one of the MANY bidet's on Woot. It beats both tp and wet ones..

donboy21


quality posts: 0 Private Messages donboy21

They are great, of course my wife likes to use them for washing her feet so when i really need one... empty box. I take them where ever I go, great for those "I don't think that was completely gas" moments. Yes I agree, throw them away unless you are at work and hate the place. Maybe after this poll Woot will get us a deal on a case of them!!

donboy21


quality posts: 0 Private Messages donboy21
wrupp53150 wrote:Get one of the MANY bidet's on Woot. It beats both tp and wet ones..


Bidets only wash away so much and if you stream too hard, it is an enema.

dirtworship


quality posts: 9 Private Messages dirtworship

Very bad for sewer systems. Flushable wipes do not break down at all. I agree if you must use them, toss 'em in the trash.

davoh


quality posts: 8 Private Messages davoh

They are great for camping. Just don't stand downwind from the campfire when burning them.

silveroracle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages silveroracle
kenwarf wrote:Plumbers say they are GREAT! And wish everybody would use them! Because they generate so many service calls that they are able to hire more people just for running sewer lines to dig those things out of the system! So, if you really want to use them, toss them in the trash not the toilet! Consider this your fair warning. You will receive no more, flush at your own risk. That Is All!



A thousand times this. Even the ones that say they're "flushable" will still clog up the lines.

dwallander


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwallander

They're NOT flushable. Well, not if you care about your plumbing or your municipal plumbing. I just use baby wipes and toss 'em anyway.

Throwaway1411


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Throwaway1411

Not only are they bad for your septic/plumbing, but they can also cause a real nasty rash if you use them frequently. Yeah. No joke.

Here's the Mayo Clinic article on it

sewersucker


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sewersucker

I am a wastewater collection system maintenance foreman .
THEY ARE NOT FLUSHABLE !!!!!!!
BUTT I like them . Putem in the garbage please.

naropa


quality posts: 1 Private Messages naropa

natmat1983


quality posts: 0 Private Messages natmat1983

Well...as a plumber, i LOVE them. As an ex husband who wasnt always in town to supervise the wife..grrrrr

PocketBrain


quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

WHO HAS TIME TO WIPE?!?!?!??

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

snarkyman


quality posts: 2 Private Messages snarkyman

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 86 Private Messages daveinwarshington
Calgaltoal wrote:My septic system would not fair well with them.


Agreed.
They will plug up our septic. Any wipes will.


daveinwarshington


quality posts: 86 Private Messages daveinwarshington
silveroracle wrote:A thousand times this. Even the ones that say they're "flushable" will still clog up the lines.


Even golf balls are flushable.
I wouldn't recommend it though...


Junkhorder


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Junkhorder

Come on, people of the world. How did humans ever exist without them? Do they increase your chances of winning friends and influencing people? Unless you're in the habit of using rocks and leaves to remove cling-ons from your apple, the time-honored, now antiquated technique of using old-fashioned paper-on-a-roll should suffice. Aren't we becoming just a tad too anal? These cleansing wipes diminish your motivation to shower, and your dog won't like your nearly as much as before.

theco2


quality posts: 139 Private Messages theco2
daveinwarshington wrote:Even golf balls are flushable.
I wouldn't recommend it though...



I like flushing my Hot Wheels down the toilet. My mommy yells at me, but I don't care.

yinzerfrompgh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages yinzerfrompgh

Love them but don't flush them. Not good for my septic system. And where there are sewerage systems, authorities are claiming the clothes are causing havoc. Use them....just don't flush them.

yinzerfrompgh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages yinzerfrompgh
theco2 wrote:I like flushing my Hot Wheels down the toilet. My mommy yells at me, but I don't care.



Ha ha ha. Get your butt to school, ya' little rascal.

yinzerfrompgh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages yinzerfrompgh
Junkhorder wrote:Come on, people of the world. How did humans ever exist without them? Do they increase your chances of winning friends and influencing people? Unless you're in the habit of using rocks and leaves to remove cling-ons from your apple, the time-honored, now antiquated technique of using old-fashioned paper-on-a-roll should suffice. Aren't we becoming just a tad too anal? These cleansing wipes diminish your motivation to shower, and your dog won't like your nearly as much as before.



Judging from the number of skid marks left by my patients on the exam table, I'm thinking perhaps more people should be using the wipes.

yinzerfrompgh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages yinzerfrompgh
sewersucker wrote:I am a wastewater collection system maintenance foreman .
THEY ARE NOT FLUSHABLE !!!!!!!
BUTT I like them . Putem in the garbage please.



I'm surprised no local sewerage authorities have brought a lawsuit against the manufacturers for calling them "flushable."

topflightkennel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages topflightkennel
kenwarf wrote:Plumbers say they are GREAT! And wish everybody would use them! Because they generate so many service calls that they are able to hire more people just for running sewer lines to dig those things out of the system! So, if you really want to use them, toss them in the trash not the toilet! Consider this your fair warning. You will receive no more, flush at your own risk. That Is All!



The package clearly states: Do Not Flush More Than One Wipe At A Time!
I'll take my chances!

Junkhorder


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Junkhorder
theco2 wrote:I like flushing my Hot Wheels down the toilet. My mommy yells at me, but I don't care.



At'ta good boy!!

Junkhorder


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Junkhorder
yinzerfrompgh wrote:Judging from the number of skid marks left by my patients on the exam table, I'm thinking perhaps more people should be using the wipes.



Doctor,Doctor, gimme the wipes,
I got a bad case of watery gripes,
No pill's gonna cure my tailpipe–
I need a whole case to stop the stripe!

djlushious


quality posts: 1 Private Messages djlushious

I've been a victim of "flushable" wipes on two separate occasions. One involved paying a plumber to roto-root the sewage line in my home and the other involved me finally understanding what a hemorrhoid felt like (and how much life sucked at that moment in time).

Ever since, I've steered clear and haven't had any problems. Maybe one day I'll look into a bidet, considering how often they are on sale at Woot.

lstaff


quality posts: 287 Private Messages lstaff

I don't like feeling moist.
I will stick with TP.
And because my plumbing warm water line would have to cross a doorway to become a bidet, I have to stick with a bucket of water if i want to freshen up without a full shower. BUM-MER.

LaurieMyers


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LaurieMyers

the ones that are new---"the english lady calling it YOUR BUMM"-------THOSE ARE 100% PLUMBER FRIENDLY & CN BE FLUSHED. BABY WIPES ARE NOT FLUSHABLE BUT MUCH CHEAPER---I'VE USED BABY WIPES MY WHOLE LIFE FOR GENERALIZED "REFRESHMENT CUZ TP NEVER GETS IT ALL OR THE SMELL!!! JUST TOSS IN GARBAGE!!

first2summit


quality posts: 16 Private Messages first2summit

I'll pile on. The wipes backed up our system pushing the waste water into the tub so never again. There's a class action suit against Costo for their wipes. The Cottonelle brand and others has some cases of it causing rashes and even bleeding.

dalem589


quality posts: 7 Private Messages dalem589
DaZoneRanger wrote:Take the flushable wipe challenge. Wipe your butt with regular TP until you're satisfied that it's completely clean, then follow up with a flushable wipe. That white wipe WILL get some color on it.



Ooh, a new definition for TMI my friend!

dalem589


quality posts: 7 Private Messages dalem589

OK, finally, the end of the polls for the day. Left to Right Now I can get on with the rest of my life. Until tomorrow- Oh God, Tomorrow, more polls!!

trek459


quality posts: 0 Private Messages trek459

NO Such thing as a flushable wipe... not only are they not good for your own pluming system they also clog up the sewer treatment plants pluming... costing us all...

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 86 Private Messages daveinwarshington
LaurieMyers wrote:the ones that are new---"the english lady calling it YOUR BUMM"-------THOSE ARE 100% PLUMBER FRIENDLY & CN BE FLUSHED.


WRONG.
If you have a septic system, don't ever flush ANYTHING down your toilet except septic-friendly toilet paper, poop and pee. Even Kleenix tissues won't break down very well. We also avoid harsh chemicals or bleach whenever we can.


FOPshopper


quality posts: 0 Private Messages FOPshopper
DaZoneRanger wrote:Take the flushable wipe challenge. Wipe your butt with regular TP until you're satisfied that it's completely clean, then follow up with a flushable wipe. That white wipe WILL get some color on it.


And just what colour(s) will it be?