sewoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sewoot

I believe that Accepted may mean the package was accepted by your local post office. I think I saw that on another order of mine. This one (which has been delivered) looks like this:
Date Time Description Location
February 13, 2008 11:57 AM Delivered
February 13, 2008 8:49 AM Arrival at Unit
February 13, 2008 6:41 AM USPS Entry
February 13, 2008 4:38 AM USPS Electronically Notified
February 13, 2008 4:30 AM Sortation Center Departure
February 12, 2008 6:02 PM Sortation Center Arrival
February 12, 2008 5:00 PM Pickup

customizedsolutions

quality posts: 0 Private Messages customizedsolutions
sewoot wrote:I believe that Accepted may mean the package was accepted by your local post office. I think I saw that on another order of mine. This one (which has been delivered) looks like this:
February 13, 2008 11:57 AM Delivered
February 13, 2008 8:49 AM Arrival at Unit
February 13, 2008 6:41 AM USPS Entry
February 13, 2008 4:38 AM USPS Electronically Notified
February 13, 2008 4:30 AM Sortation Center Departure

Agreed. Smartpost blows. Even USPS is better. I'm still waiting on mine. Just a little late. Hasn't budged since Friday.

Est. in Home 02/19/2008
February 15, 2008 1:29 PM Sortation Center Arrival
February 15, 2008 8:48 AM Sortation Center Departure
February 14, 2008 2:47 AM Sortation Center Arrival
February 13, 2008 10:48 AM Sortation Center Departure

MichaelSF

quality posts: 92 Private Messages MichaelSF

Got mine today. I have to say, glad I bought two.

Excellent quality.

And I chose one of the tips that looked closest to that on my new Lenovo Y510 adapter. Got it on the first try.

Removed the battery, plugged in this new adapter and it fired right up.

Great Woot. Super deal.

Oh, and the adapter has a blue light to show it is connected to AC. Love those blue lights.

MichaelSF

customizedsolutions wrote:Agreed. Smartpost blows. Even USPS is better. I'm still waiting on mine. Just a little late. Hasn't budged since Friday.

Est. in Home 02/19/2008
February 15, 2008 1:29 PM Sortation Center Arrival
February 15, 2008 8:48 AM Sortation Center Departure
February 14, 2008 2:47 AM Sortation Center Arrival
February 13, 2008 10:48 AM Sortation Center Departure

My signature shows what I think of SmartPost. And what the hell is a "sortation" center. Lousy word for lousy service.

MichaelSF

kcchiefsguru wrote:Crap, that means somebody else has my package. Damn postal service. Does Woot do anything for these situations?

Back in Dec. I got two of those cool R/C cars. One made it OK, the other I looked at FedEx tracking. Said went to wrong address.

When mine said "accepted" it had an address with it. Woot, FedEx or USPS had sent it to someone else.

Contacted Woot by e-mail, they looked up tracking number, and confirmed it was misdelivered. Then gave me option of sending out another item or a refund. I opted for a refund since I was giving the car to charity at XMAS and that times had come and gone. Got refund about two days after I said gimme refund. Very prompt.

On this, I'd have them send another. It's a great deal for this adapter.

xanbo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages xanbo

I received mine a couple of days ago, but just now got around to testing it. Seems to work great as AC power supply. Haven't tested the DC adapter yet but I'm thrilled that was indeed included in this deal. Twice now w00t has scared me that I wasn't going to get the item I thought I was purchasing, and both times w00t came through for me. Sorry for doubting you baby.

MichaelSF wrote:Removed the battery, plugged in this new adapter and it fired right up.

Did you remove the battery because you think this power supply will damage it, or just to confirm that power is indeed coming from it? I'm wondering if it is safe to charge my battery with this thing.

luigi2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luigi2

There were a few earlier comments about the igo tips fitting the targus power supply. Has anybody verified this? (I need a tip supplied by Igo, but not yet by Targus)

(The tip number is an indication of the configuration of the part that goes in the computer ... not the part that goes into the power supply)

pg5of16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pg5of16
luigi2 wrote:There were a few earlier comments about the igo tips fitting the targus power supply. Has anybody verified this? (I need a tip supplied by Igo, but not yet by Targus)

(The tip number is an indication of the configuration of the part that goes in the computer ... not the part that goes into the power supply)

I'm almost positive they dont. I went to radioshack, and the iGo tips they had had 6 pins, and it looks like the Targus tip adapters only take 4 pins. Course, these adapters were for mobile phones, so they might be different than the notebook ones.

>[size=5"/>]n[/size]

luigi2

pg5of16 wrote:I'm almost positive they dont. I went to radioshack, and the iGo tips they had had 6 pins, and it looks like the Targus tip adapters only take 4 pins. Course, these adapters were for mobile phones, so they might be different than the notebook ones.

I can confirm the Targus tips included with the Targus adapter under discussion have only four pins. Igo seems to have made at least two different series of power tips ... but I don't know how many pins were used for those two series. Googling similar discussions yields conflicting stories about Targus / Igo compatibility.

I emailed Targus customer support to see if they would soon release the necessary power tip, but suspect I might get an answer similar to "we don't make one yet, keep checking".

luigi2

luigi2 wrote:I emailed Targus customer support to see if they would soon release the necessary power tip, but suspect I might get an answer similar to "we don't make one yet, keep checking".

Yep. That is the answer I received. iGo makes a compatible tip, but Targus claims that tip number is not compatible with my laptop.

camillaleonila

quality posts: 0 Private Messages camillaleonila

does anyone have an S3 tip i could buy from them?!?! it's the one i need and it's the one i didnt get!!
thanks much