0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

kohisan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kohisan

You -can- modify this to load the Tom Tom software on this one. (among other things) Sweet deal.

uski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uski

Price comparator post ! - Manually optimized searches for relevant results

Refurbished Mio DigiWalker C310x 3.5” Portable GPS, for $59.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Mio DigiWalker C310x 3.5” Portable GPS

To access the price comparator links, click here
Single-click comparison for this item

MrFats

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MrFats

Did...did Woot just tell me to hack a device? Oh, Woot. I knew you'd find the perfect gift for me!

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

77/100 from the ALatest ratings system.
http://alatest.com/reviews/gps-reviews/mio-c310/po3-32628887,15/

3.9 stars on Buzzillions...
http://www.buzzillions.com/x/s?N=4294811422&D=x&Ntt=Mio+C310x+GPS

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

beefstick

quality posts: 6 Private Messages beefstick

These are great little units. I bought one of these guys on Black Friday 2 years ago and it's still going strong. As stated, they're extremely hackable. This is still the only handheld item I own that will run native divx movies without having to convert them. Something that the iPhone, or PSP won't do. Plus, since it comes with new(ish) maps, it's got that whole GPS thing going for it too.

I'm surprised to see them this low priced actually. For a while there not too long ago these particular units were so sought after that they were actually going for $160+ on ebay which was well above MSRP. Just because they were so hacker friendly and hard to find.

Good buy for anyone looking to get a (possibly 2nd) GPS at a really cheap price. I'm almost tempted to get one, but I don't know what I'd do with a 2nd unit.

tumbenhaur

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tumbenhaur

I bought one of these a few years ago for around $120, fully hackable GPS which actually runs a special version of Windows CE. You can get to the Windows interface by holding down the "Menu" and "Volume +" buttons while soft-resetting the GPS. Then there is a hack so that the GPS will automatically boot Windows so that you don't need to manually enter the secret key combination. From Windows CE, you can install any software (video player, games, even TomTom) that you want onto the internal flash (typically 1GB, though some of the units have 2GB) or onto an SD card using the SD slot.

On mine, the only thing I did was change the UI and download an English female voice to replace the English male voice. There are some great UIs on the internet which add functionality to the stock software, or you can just install TomTom instead.

Crap: (2008) 04/01 | (2011) 04/01, 12/06 | (2012) 03/22, 04/26 | (2014) 07/11, 08/15, 09/22, 10/21, 11/13

oberon567

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oberon567

I will say that if the battery goes on these, youre kind of screwed. I got one of these two years ago on Black Friday for my mum, so it is hack free and does its job OK (though it would be better if I had hacked my way through it!) EXCEPT her battery has gone to a major Hollywood production and can not hold a charge at all. So as long as she keeps it plugged into the car jack it works fine, but it always needs to be plugged in to something. And Mio is essentially a non-existent company in terms of any sort of customer support... Sp Refurbs make me nervous concerning their batteries...

greatwhite35

quality posts: 8 Private Messages greatwhite35

It doesn't state whether it speaks "Turn by Turn" or "Text to Speech" or any at all?

Toothy, The Hamptons (160 woots and 3 Bunch of 60s Cartoons#39;s as of April 1, 2013!!)

MrBarkeyvonSchnauzer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages MrBarkeyvonSchnauzer

i bought 3, no regrets...

akhilnex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akhilnex

As the matter of fact..I have the same question in my mind..Turn by Turn or Text to Speech...

kohisan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kohisan
greatwhite35 wrote:It doesn't state whether it speaks "Turn by Turn" or "Text to Speech" or any at all?

The factory Mio Software (for this model) does not do text to speech.

You get turning instructions only.

bfernalld

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfernalld

Turn by turn, but it can easily be hacked for text speech. This thing can do pretty much ANYTHING a PDA can do, plus it's a GPS. In for another (my original C310x still has 2005 maps! *giggles*)

kylelmccoy

quality posts: 13 Private Messages kylelmccoy
greatwhite35 wrote:It doesn't state whether it speaks "Turn by Turn" or "Text to Speech" or any at all?

This cnet review says it has text to speech -
http://reviews.cnet.com/car-gps-navigation/mio-c310/4505-3430_7-31795484.html

WOOTSUPPP!!

quality posts: 13 Private Messages WOOTSUPPP!!

I have this and it is the best GPS I have ever seen! You can use a 4GB card in it.
I even have a PDF viewer on mine. I use it on Sundays because it has a Bible on it.
Movies, pictures, Games, News updates loaded from another computer with AvantiGo.
The only thing you can't do is WiFi.
I just bought the wide screen Mio 310 Moov and it is not half as good as this. You can also hack it but not the map display like you can this one.
I am debating buying a backup unit.

williamjeffstevens

quality posts: 2 Private Messages williamjeffstevens

The device guides you every step of the way with clear voice instructions and user-friendly menus in 16 languages, including English, French, and Spanish.

from the amazon description

efiguero

quality posts: 3 Private Messages efiguero

Anyone know if there will be any newer map releases for this, since 07 is already going to be a year old or so?

snoopjedi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages snoopjedi

FWIW, these are manufactured by a Taiwanese computing company called MiTAC (they also do hardened notebooks under GETAC).

Their customer support is awful. It took me 2 months sending emails and calling every other day to order a new powerboard for a laptop, and they charged me $20 for shipping the damn thing when they finally worked things out on their end.

They make quality stuff, though.

No, you are.

ghanchi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghanchi

My first and only GPS device. Bought 2 years ago on BF and just today installed Mio Pocket 2.0 on it. Best device for its price.

ghanchi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghanchi
akhilnex wrote:As the matter of fact..I have the same question in my mind..Turn by Turn or Text to Speech...

It came with turn by turn but I hacked and upgraded to mio map 3.2 and now it is text to speech.

FLASHLOOT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FLASHLOOT

this little guy looks awesome. I'm in for 1.

ap210

quality posts: 48 Private Messages ap210

Inexpensive replacement battery

I am considering picking this up merely for the h4x0r in me. Would be nice having a GPS that can play mp4s, DIVX, and pdfs...once I void my warranty.

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

Fatal1tyKn1ght

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fatal1tyKn1ght

In for one, sounds a lot like my portable video game hackable GPX2 only for GPS

M3wThr33

quality posts: 8 Private Messages M3wThr33

I really want this right now, but I'm beyond broke.
I have a TomTom Go 300, but this sounds so hackable!

ephiggins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ephiggins

In for 2. I've been looking for Xmas gifts for my parents. Not sure if they want GPS but I think its a cool gift.

cruisezero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruisezero

not a woot virgin anymore... got one for myself thinking more of its potential.. kinda worried that its a respiffied'd one but im risking it..

mambo143

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mambo143

In for two for xmas gifts. Errrr, maybe one. I have had good luck with all the respiffed stuff from woot so far. Everything I have gotten looks and works like new so no complaints here.

andyrew914

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andyrew914

Awesome deal! I have one and love it, I've tried quite a few GPS's and this one is just very simple to use.
Hacking can be done very easily, Hold the center 2 side buttons, press and hold the reset button till the windows screen pops up and then click "no" when it asks if you want to copy the maps. Then your at the windows CE.

Miopocket rocks too.

lesagep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lesagep

Are there European maps available for that unit?

beefstick

Yes. I can speak for how easy they are to get them installed legally, but if you're going to hack it, they are very easy to install.

M3wThr33

Alright, talked with parents. It'll be a gift for my brother, but I'll ship it to me first, so I can install TomTom from my own real TomTom.

And that's my first purchase on Sellout. FINALLY. Now all that's left is to buy something on Wine.woot and I'm done. (Ignoring the special pages)

histud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages histud

so, how does this compare to a Garmin or TomTom?

There's been a lot of deals for cheapy ones around $100, and this will be used 85% of the time for the GPS (not Windows CE).

M3wThr33

histud wrote:so, how does this compare to a Garmin or TomTom?

There's been a lot of deals for cheapy ones around $100, and this will be used 85% of the time for the GPS (not Windows CE).

Considering you can install TomTom on it, I'd say just about equal.

dlcarrier

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dlcarrier

The unit has 64MB RAM and 1GB ROM, not 1GB RAM and 64MB Ram as Woot specced.

williamjeffstevens

quality posts: 2 Private Messages williamjeffstevens

does the description mean the 2007 update is free or you use the CD rom to pay for it?

Katonklin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Katonklin

Two things: I'd like to know more on why one would want to hack this and specifically how to do it if I would want to. Also, I got the Garmin Mobile 20 used with a smartphone and have not yet updated the maps which are 2005 and so far it gets me everywhere I've wanted to go. I like it except that the cord from the charger to the unit is coming unattached - need to see if it's repairable. I have the 2008 map DVD for the Garmin. My question is, can I put these maps on the MIO?

ccoppock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccoppock

first sellout.woot in for one... looks like a fun little toy

Tekrex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tekrex

Woot, I love you!

No lie but I was just thinking that I needed a new hacking/toy/project. Maybe something with a touch screen. WOW, I'm so psyched I bought 3. Xmas present the brother inlaw and one for each car

Now the real question... Does anyone know of a Wifi or Bluetooth SD card that will work in this?

wtfx20004

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wtfx20004

This convinced me: http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=72525

I am in for one.

...Not!

beefstick

Why does everyone keep saying they're going to install TomTom software on this thing? Just because you can do something, that doesn't automatically mean you should. I've used both and I strongly prefer MioMaps (the software that comes pre-loaded on this) to TomTom. And most people that I've seen that have used both agree.

I wouldn't be so quick to load up the TomTom software simply because you can.