pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:you need an ipad for that.

Oh. Don't have one. Would the Kindle do?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:Oh. Don't have one. Would the Kindle do?

I think he was referring to the 'look cool' part.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

depends on what circles you run in. dname has an ipad, you know, and she seems to be the arbiter of all definitions these days!

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
jqubed wrote:It wasn't ketchup made from green tomatoes, just regular ketchup with green coloring in it, including one made from titanium.

Prolly titanium dioxide. pretty common colorant added to all sorts of stuff, from toothpaste to paint. Highly reflective "super bright" opaque white to make the green coloring appear even greener.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:I think he was referring to the 'look cool' part.

So was I.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

oh. bows out.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Golly, I hope so! That might be my last best hope for ever looking cool!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Only a fire.

Also, you people are no damn fun.

move along

Mavyn

j5 wrote:Only a fire.

Yay, I'm in!

Though that means I have to go to a Starbucks. Not as thrilled with that idea.

pooflady

j5 wrote:Only a fire.

Am too fun.

j5

Mavyn wrote:Though that means I have to go to a Starbucks. Not as thrilled with that idea.

Nah. Hit your local indie coffee house, Starbuck's is for poseurs.

pooflady wrote: Am too fun.

Yeah, but nobody took my bait.

move along

Mavyn

j5 wrote:
Nah. Hit your local indie coffee house, Starbuck's is for poseurs.

I never really got the coffee house scene as a place to hangout...at least, not as an adult. Oops.

j5 wrote:Yeah, but nobody took my bait.

Predator movie guy, right? At least, I think the still is taken from him...I have no idea how awesome he might be. Very? Not at all? Does he have a kindle fire or iPad?

j5

Wine bar then?

We have a french bakery around here open 24/7.
Awesome place to hang and enjoy the hipster scene.

Mavyn wrote:Predator movie guy, right? At least, I think the still is taken from him...I have no idea how awesome he might be. Very? Not at all? Does he have a kindle fire or iPad?

See? No fun at all.
(mental note: PWA is not Facebook)

move along

AZGman

Mavyn wrote:Predator movie guy, right? At least, I think the still is taken from him...I have no idea how awesome he might be. Very? Not at all? Does he have a kindle fire or iPad?

He was Apollo Creed in thefirst three Rocky movies; but you're right - that pic was from Predator.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Mavyn wrote:Golly, I hope so! That might be my last best hope for ever looking cool!

If you feel cool, you are cool.

I'm just hanging out, really.

no1

inkycatz wrote:If you feel cool, you are cool.

it should be noted that that's what they say to losers.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
no1 wrote:it should be noted that that's what they say to losers.

I'm just hanging out, really.

no1

inkycatz wrote:

charles schulz died hours before the last sunday peanuts was published.

no1

no1 wrote:charles schulz died hours before the last sunday peanuts was published.

feline AIDS is the number one killer of domestic cats.

no1

no1 wrote:feline AIDS is the number one killer of domestic cats.

[trumpet]WAAAA-waaaa.[/trumpet]

Mavyn

j5 wrote:Wine bar then?

We have a french bakery around here open 24/7.
Awesome place to hang and enjoy the hipster scene.

See? No fun at all.
(mental note: PWA is not Facebook)

Oh...I hadn't seen that on facebook either, but that's not surprising.

And wine bars are out--allergy to sulfites. Can't drink it. Martini bar might work. A bakery would be awesome, but I don't know if I could resist wanting to be in the kitchen instead of at a table.

Nope, never even felt cool. Couldn't tell what was needed to be 'cool', so figured it wasn't that big a deal.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I will not discuss coffee in PWA

I take my plain Kindle keyboard all over, it's cool enough. As for the laptop, I love having a big screen on mine. It's only sorta portable, but I don't take it places as much as you think before you get one. As for today's woot, my husband remarked that it was slightly dated, but it would probably be fine for what you want. It's still newer than what I'm using

We used to have a French bakery, best shortbread cookies! I miss it, it became a French restaurant and then closed. Never got to eat there when it was a restaurant. I do the coffee house thing whenever I get the chance, but almost never Starbucks. Local is almost always better. <--- I suppose I owe more lines for that huh?

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista

I shall not kill PWA
I shall not kill PWA
I shall not kill PWA
I shall not kill PWA
I shall not kill PWA
I shall not kill PWA
I shall not kill PWA
I shall not kill PWA
I shall not kill PWA
I shall not kill PWA
I shall not kill PWA
I shall not kill PWA
I shall not kill PWA
I shall not kill PWA
I shall not kill PWA
I shall not kill PWA

Oh who am I kidding!!!

I KILLED PWA!

pooflady

Dinner and Jeopardy's over. Tried something new tonight, a reuben casserole. Not very good.

Mavyn

KtC, go big on coffee. I am likely a bigger snob than you. if I can't drink it black, it isn't good. I buy coffee from a local roaster, and my fave is single source bean from a little place in Costa Rica that only sells ~100 sacks per year.

Poof, reuben casserole doesn't sound good...what all is in it?

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:KtC, go big on coffers. I am likely a bigger snob than you. if I can't drink it black, it isn't good. I buy coffee from a local roaster, and my fave is single source bean from a little place in Costa Rica that only sells ~100 sacks per year.

Corned beef, mashed potatoes, 2 eggs, sauerkraut, tiny bit of spicy mustard, swiss cheese.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:KtC, go big on coffers. I am likely a bigger snob than you. if I can't drink it black, it isn't good. I buy coffee from a local roaster, and my fave is single source bean from a little place in Costa Rica that only sells ~100 sacks per year.

My friend's husband is my local coffee roaster, he's currently fond of an Ethiopian bean. His goal is to roast the perfect mix of beans for both drip and espresso. Espresso being harder since less beans are used making getting the perfect mix ratio less likely. Coffee needs to be roasted fresh, ground immediately before use and smell absolutely divine, with no burn. A rich bean does not need to be "over-roasted" to get a dark flavor.

We had a little cafe on campus that made the best Reuben sandwiches. The grill was so well seasoned from all the years of daily use. The university closed the shop in my junior year. They "moved" the establishment to a brand new building they'd just finished. The Reuben was never the same as it had been at the Satellite. Eventually, it just tasted like a fast food impersonation of itself and they took it off the menu a year later. It was sad.

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:Corned beef, mashed potatoes, 2 eggs, sauerkraut, tiny bit of spicy mustard, swiss cheese.

Hmm. Even without the sauerkraut, I don't think I'd like it. Sounds very dry, too many flavors.

Mavyn

KtCallista wrote:My friend's husband is my local coffee roaster, he's currently fond of an Ethiopian bean. His goal is to roast the perfect mix of beans for both drip and espresso. Espresso being harder since less beans are used making getting the perfect mix ratio less likely. Coffee needs to be roasted fresh, ground immediately before use and smell absolutely divine, with no burn. A rich bean does not need to be "over-roasted" to get a dark flavor.
We had a little cafe on campus that made the best Reuben sandwiches. The grill was so well seasoned from all the years of daily use. The university closed the shop in my junior year. They "moved" the establishment to a brand new building they'd just finished. The Reuben was never the same as it had been at the Satellite. Eventually, it just tasted like a fast food impersonation of itself and they took it off the menu a year later. It was sad.

I like a medium roast best. Most places go for uber dark to get the aroma, but yeah, to me that just tastes burnt.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:I like a medium roast best. Most places go for uber dark to get the aroma, but yeah, to me that just tastes burnt.

A nice smooth coffee with definite flavor. I'll also go for a custom espresso. My current favorite is a Cuban style pull.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Hmm. Even without the sauerkraut, I don't think I'd like it. Sounds very dry, too many flavors.

Actually, they blended quite well, but I'm not a real fan of sauerkraut, made it more for husband.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:I like a medium roast best. Most places go for uber dark to get the aroma, but yeah, to me that just tastes burnt.

Me, too. That's why I only went to Starbucks twice until they came out with the new blonde coffee. It's mild. We have very few coffee shops around and Starbucks is closest. I've been twice since Christmas.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Me, too. That's why I only went to Starbucks twice until they came out with the new blonde coffee. It's mild. We have very few coffee shops around and Starbucks is closest. I've been twice since Christmas.

LOL we could find out how many blocks inky is from the woot offices, we just need her to tell us how many Starbucks she passes on her way to work ;)

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:Actually, they blended quite well, but I'm not a real fan of sauerkraut, made it more for husband.

Better woman than me...I can't stand it. One of the few things I will not eat.

If I go to starbucks, I either get iced coffee or something foofy. Too many calories! And, way out of my morning commute.

pooflady

Castle confused me tonight. Had a hard time keeping up with who they were talking about.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Castle confused me tonight. Had a hard time keeping up with who they were talking about.

I didn't catch any of my shows tonight. Might watch them later (got 'em recorded).

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:I didn't catch any of my shows tonight. Might watch them later (got 'em recorded).

Clue was a bummer tonight. I don't think that was a random guess. Chop could lead you to that.

j5

I get my coffee from a local roaster.
Tanzanian or Guatemalan peaberry, depending on availability. Pull a 3-shot espresso with it every morning to jump start my day.
Still,
Mavyn wins the elitist award by coming closest to brew-snootery without resorting to civet (or so I'm guessing).

move along

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Clue was a bummer tonight. I don't think that was a random guess. Chop could lead you to that.

Yeah, I agree. The quarreling isn't making me happy.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, I agree. The quarreling isn't making me happy.

Ignore 'em. You're the boss. You don't have to answer accusations. Just continue on.