quality posts: 2 Private Messages uski

Price comparator post - Manually-optimized searches for relevant results

New Olevia 3 Port HDMI Switch with Remote, for $24.99 + $5 shipping
2 different products:

• 1x Olevia 3 Port HDMI Switch with Remote
  • 3x 6 Foot HDMI Cable

ravensfan21

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ravensfan21

Wow... what a great deal! seriously. HDMI cables go for like $20 in the stores (for crappy ones) and you get 3 here and a switch!!

I'm sure these are sold out by 9am

madcran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages madcran

It basically worth it for the HDMI cables. I'm in for one.

scottman54

quality posts: 34 Private Messages scottman54

Yay. Another way to add more cable mess behind the tv.

Buck Mulligan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Buck Mulligan

What's with the huge arse power cord? How much juice does this thing need?

And, no, it is NOT worth it for the cables. Why don't you people USE the internets to shop?

devyanks90

quality posts: 4 Private Messages devyanks90

worth the price for the cables alone and I actually need this (my tv only has 1 HDMI input)

$144.99 at the nerds.net

long live woottv

GreenLantern

quality posts: 10 Private Messages GreenLantern
Buck Mulligan wrote:What's with the huge arse power cord? How much juice does this thing need?

And, no, it is NOT worth it for the cables. Why don't you people USE the internets to shop?

Well, the cords would be worth about $6-$9, so how good is a switch for $16? You can get one on Newegg for $35, $30 on monoprice, so still pretty good.

Merlin28

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Merlin28
Buck Mulligan wrote:What's with the huge arse power cord? How much juice does this thing need?

Not to sound like Mr. Obvious--but this(sellout.woot/woot) is using the "internets" to shop...suprised you missed that

Dacoops3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dacoops3

In for one...couldn't find a site that reviewed it but the fact that the cables were included put me over the edge. This will be gone by breakfast time.

ImYoungxD

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ImYoungxD
ravensfan21 wrote:Wow... what a great deal! seriously. HDMI cables go for like $20 in the stores (for crappy ones) and you get 3 here and a switch!!

I'm sure these are sold out by 9am

on ebay you can get hdmi 6 feet for 3-5 $ USA sellers =/

xenderoo7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xenderoo7

This will work great with my Dell 2408WFP monitor, which only has 1 HDMI port. I currently used it for my Xbox 360. Every time I switch from my PC (DVI) to my 360 (HDMI), I have to reach over and press the input button 5 times to get to the right input and another 5 times to switch back. It has been great pain in butt to do that.

With this switch, I am planning to have both PC and X360 connect to it with HDMI cable. Then I can change input by a remote and have 1080P with audio! The best part is that it even come with 3 HDMI cables! Awesome deal!

bgammill

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bgammill
xenderoo7 wrote:This will work great with my Dell 2408WFP monitor, which only has 1 HDMI port. I currently used it for my Xbox 360. Every time I switch from my PC (DVI) to my 360 (HDMI), I have to reach over and press the input button 5 times to get to the right input and another 5 times to switch back. It has been great pain in butt to do that.

With this switch, I am planning to have both PC and X360 connect to it with HDMI cable. Then I can change input by a remote and have 1080P with audio! The best part is that it even come with 3 HDMI cables! Awesome deal!

Well said! U talked me into buying 1.

canyahearmenow4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages canyahearmenow4

6 foot hdmi or 3 foot? it says both.

Merlin28

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Merlin28
canyahearmenow4 wrote:6 foot hdmi or 3 foot? it says both.

I'm gonna go with 3 six foot cables. By looking at the magnified picture they look like six foot cables but more than that- the goofy description is the one with the mention of the three foot cables--2 other places say six foot cables...

wiljacket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wiljacket

Everything is going HDMI and most displays don't offer enough ports. This is a great way to run all your equipment digitally without breaking the bank on a receiver. I have a similar unit running all my AV equipment. Cable box, Xbox 360, Upconverting DVD player, MythTV box all into the TV's 1 HDMI port. If you need more ports you can find good deals at Monoprice.. 1.3b certified stuff too.

mkatzukin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkatzukin

Does anyone know how well these switches work when outputting to DVI using adapter cable? My TV is a little older but has a single HDCP DVI (I think it's HDCP... I should check) input instead of HDMI.

I'm glad all of the devices I want to plug in have separate optical digital outputs on them though. If I recall correctly DVI can't do audio...

BigD

quality posts: 69 Private Messages BigD
canyahearmenow4 wrote:6 foot hdmi or 3 foot? it says both.

The HDMI cables are 6 feet long (and there are three of them)

What does refurbished or recertified mean? Click here to find out.

kukreja

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kukreja

This is a great buy if you have an older or less expensive HDTV with only one HDMI input and now have found yourself owning multiple HD peripherals (HD Cable Box or DVR, Blu-Ray Player, etc.)

Aside from that, at this price it may be worth it to buy just for the 3 HDMI cables included and then toss this bad boy in the closet for use when you suddenly find a need for it in the future!

ctweeks2002

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ctweeks2002

my tv has 2 HDMI ports, and i have a cable box with HDMI, a PS3, a 360, and my laptop i hook up DVI to HDMI, so i bought 2 just in case, and that was before i even realized they came with 3 HDMI cables as well

brows141

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brows141

Would it have been too much trouble to put a damn button on the box???

ky4ensicgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ky4ensicgirl

Can someone please answer a question for me? I went on and ordered this because I didn't want to miss out. However, when I went to confirm my order the order form changed from "you want 3 6 ft HDMI cables" to "you want 1 6 ft HDMI cable". I tried resubmitting twice with the same result. I, like most of you am doing this mainly for the cables and I want to make sure that I get 3.

"Arby's Could Get You Pregnant"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyL6FyvGFzI&feature=youtube_gdata

revderrick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages revderrick

Huh, I was actually planning on buying one of these since my Olevia TV only has one HDMI input Thanks woot! Now I can start the project to turn my PC into my new blu-ray player.

Planes and trains and boats and buses characteristically evoke a common attitude of blue,
unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport and the cargo that they're carrying is you.
-Tom Waits

ao7996

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ao7996
revderrick wrote:Huh, I was actually planning on buying one of these since my Olevia TV only has one HDMI input

I was in the same boat. I have a Olevia 537H (which i still love) in my bedroom and will be adding a Uverse box to it.... so with only one HDMI, I needed extra ports for my HD DVD player and 360.... through in 3 more HDMI cables and this was a no brainer. In for one!

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

nighthawkceo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nighthawkceo

Awesome deal.. I was expecting to see a bookmark or laser pointer after yesterdays WootOff!! Picked one up for the same reason most of you did, the cables!! Well worth the price..

Don't worry about what people are thinking about you, because they're not thinking about you.. They're wondering what you're thinking about them...

corkymork

quality posts: 1 Private Messages corkymork

Doesn't look like there are buttons on the front, so if you lose the remote, you're toast! Did a quick search for the manual but no luck. The Olevia site has a blurb about it (same as Woot's), but no more info.

Still it's such a deal (and I have an Olevia tv). I'm in for 2!

milacqua48

quality posts: 3 Private Messages milacqua48

Tax and shipping hurt me but I went ahead and ordered it anyway. My current switch for some reason won't work, must be a handshake problem somewhere. I have my DishTV receiver and my Blu-Ray player and my Oppo DVD player all hooked up going to my Onkyo A/V receiver and from there, to my projector but it just won't work when I switch one to the other.

SteveK

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SteveK

Will it work with a Logitech Harmony 550 universal remote? Which category of device would it be listed under?

eazstream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eazstream
ky4ensicgirl wrote:Can someone please answer a question for me? I went on and ordered this because I didn't want to miss out. However, when I went to confirm my order the order form changed from "you want 3 6 ft HDMI cables" to "you want 1 6 ft HDMI cable". I tried resubmitting twice with the same result. I, like most of you am doing this mainly for the cables and I want to make sure that I get 3.

i got the same thing..what the deal

ao7996

SteveK wrote:Will it work with a Logitech Harmony 550 universal remote? Which category of device would it be listed under?

EVERYTHING works with the 550 because even it it can't be found in their database, your remote can "learn" the commands needed from the devices remote.

bret4000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bret4000
ky4ensicgirl wrote:Can someone please answer a question for me? I went on and ordered this because I didn't want to miss out. However, when I went to confirm my order the order form changed from "you want 3 6 ft HDMI cables" to "you want 1 6 ft HDMI cable". I tried resubmitting twice with the same result. I, like most of you am doing this mainly for the cables and I want to make sure that I get 3.

I had the same issue, but on the receipt it says
"Olevia 3 Port HDMI Switch with Remote

You ordered 1 Olevia 3 Port HDMI Switch with Remote.

You ordered 3 6 Foot HDMI Cable"

So all is well....

eazstream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eazstream
eazstream wrote:i got the same thing..what the deal

it looks good ..
on 2/19/2009, you successfully wooted.
order 25773200
You want 1

Olevia 3 Port HDMI Switch with Remote
You ordered 1 Olevia 3 Port HDMI Switch with Remote.
You ordered 3 6 Foot HDMI Cable.
which each cost $24.99
for a subtotal of $24.99
plus shipping + $5.00
for a total of $29.99

rottentreats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rottentreats

Ugh... I would much rather buy cables and a better switch. Long story short if you lose/break you remote you are completely fxcked. I don't buy from companies that produce such carp... (ugly remote and ugly unit imho, and requiring a remote for functionality is just plain stupid.)

In for 0!

3x HDMI 6ft w/Ferrite Cores (Gold Plated Connectors) - $10.02
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024008&p_id=3992&seq=1&format=2

4X1 Enhanced 1.3b Certified HDMI Switch with built-in Equalizer and Remote - $29.94
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=4088&seq=1&format=2

Shipping and Handling - $8.36

Grand Total - $48.32

MUCH BETTER DEAL THAN THIS CARP!

nealpapin71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nealpapin71
scottman54 wrote:Yay. Another way to add more cable mess behind the tv.

Run the cables through the wall and you don't have that problem.

Neal Papin

cjjeepster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjjeepster

Much cleaner install for me... Only one cable to run up the wall as apposed to 3.

In for 1.

apmyhr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages apmyhr

I couldn't find the model number in woot's description, but I think it is this one

http://www.provantage.com/syntax-brillian-olevia-swit3x1~7SYTX018.htm

- $135

From other sites I looked at, it seems to sell for around 145.

oheifearnain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oheifearnain

In for one

rottentreats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rottentreats
nealpapin71 wrote:"for someone who is all about look, you sure pick some awful looking cable.. Undoubtably so with that koi cable on monoprice. If you are so worried about quality you would not be looking for the cheapest HDMI cable you could find. You would also know that you lose 1080p quality after 3 ft of HDMI cable anyway. Yay gold connectors, but what kind of bs is running the length of the cable. Take your holier than though attitude and get off of woot if you are going to talk about quality. Seeing as how you are on woot though, I am inclined to believe you really don't care about the quality of the product, you just have enough HDMI ports to support your needs, and wanted to complain about something. Most people know that you can get a learning universal remote, and program it to control the box, nd who the hell is actually going to get up and press a button on the box anyway. Not an American."

He deleted his post obviously, but I retrieved it... and responded accordingly

nealpapin71 wrote:"for someone who is all about look, you sure pick some awful looking cable"

-haha! Oh noes, the black standard looking cables that I can't even see in the back of my entertainment center look awful according to some random guy on the internets, oh noes.

nealpapin71 wrote:"If you are so worried about quality you would not be looking for the cheapest HDMI cable you could find. You would also know that you lose 1080p quality after 3 ft of HDMI cable anyway"

-You are one of those people who think paying more = quality. The little bit of quality loss between a longer cable is something that only a true tard would worry about. If you have a nice big LCD tv you wouldn't be sitting that close anyway, and therefor would not notice that little bit.

nealpapin71 wrote:"Most people know that you can get a learning universal remote, and program it to control the box"

-Why would I get something I don't want... fact of the matter is, I shouldnt have to do anything extra to make a product do what I want.

nealpapin71 wrote:"and who the hell is actually going to get up and press a button on the box anyway. Not an American."

-A true American would argue that it is all about options. Just like my car, I want all the options in the world, regardless of whether or not I use them.

ao7996

just because it drives me crazy when people make statements about HDMI cables...

you DO NOT have signal degradation via HDMI cable over 3 feet.... 30 feet, perhaps (even then, you just buy 24awg cable instead of 28), but for 3ft, 6ft or 10ft HDMI cables, these, MONOPRICE, or any other bargain HDMI cable will do just fine. You don't deal with the analog issues of component cables with the 1's and 0's of digital.

My entire entertainment setup uses monoprice cables and wire. These cables and switch will be a welcome addition to my bedroom setup.

/end threadjack

imtigger2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages imtigger2

From Olevia's web site... shows all is 1.3 compliant, and remote control seems to be an option as there ARE buttons on the bottom right side... to the right of the I am awestruck by its beauty graphics there. ;)

3 to 1 HDMI Switch
With Olevia’s 3 x 1 HDMI™ Switcher, simultaneously connect up to three high-definition multiple resolution video sources such as HDTV Cable or Satellite Receivers, game consoles, or HD-DVD and Blu-Ray DVD players. Other Sources, including computers with HDMI video cards and SD-DVD players can also be used. The switcher routes both high-definition video up to 1080p, plus multi-channel digital audio. The single output sends the high-definition audio/video signals to any high-definition display (e.g. LCD, LCoS™, etc.). Switching is easily accomplished by the infrared (IR) remote provided with the unit. If integrating the switcher with an Olevia LCD, the universal remote controls both the TV and the HDMI switcher.
> Maintains High Resolution Video
> Extends the Range of HDMI™
> Fully HDCP Compliant
> Supports HDMI Version 1.3
> Remote Control Flexibility
> Supports Audio and Video Signals