This writer is only 29 years old, and in his short time on Earth he has watched movies at home in at least five different ways: VHS, Laserdisc (yes, that's right), DVD, Blu-Ray, and streaming. This Blu-Ray player is smart, because it has Wi-Fi and apps to facilitate the transition to streaming, but it makes you wonder: What other means of watching movies will be invented within our lifetimes?
Here is a definitive, unquestionably predictive list:
- Google Glass but instead of on your eye the screen is on your wall.
- Movies in the cloud. Literally. Projected onto clouds.
- Robo-actors will come to your house and act out your favorite scenes
- Clementines will be genetically modified so that when you bite into them, you're overwhelmed with the experience of watching a feature-length film. And although it will have felt like you were unconscious for the whole two hours, it will have only been a few moments in "real" time.
- Bigger laserdiscs.
- You will be provided with an online editing station, in which you can take any scenes from any movie and splice them together to your own preferences.
- An option will be provided for all movies to blur out Renée Zellweger's face.